Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • 'Litter picking' on a farmer's field
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

honey badger = marsupial ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

no theft of untamed wild animals – s4(4) Theft Act 1968. yours to take if you want. 🙂

edit – i think that's only for animals that are normally held in captivity, so it may be another offence to take a badger, despite not being theft.

further edit – you'd be guilty of an offence under the protection of badgers act 1992, sadly!

Gh0stRider
    Free Member

I am definitely not weird!

Just keep taking the medication, you'll level out soon

EDIT: Weirdo

skidartist
    Free Member

Once you have the badger you'll be wanting to collect the whole set (pardon the pun). Free binder with part one of Crappy Taxidermy

b1galus
    Free Member

fairly hefty things badgers so would make a great footstool me thinks but can you shave a little bit when it gets sewn back up my shaving brush is a bit thin ta

andyg
    Free Member

I'd leave it there. Its going to be covered in fleas all abandoning ship looking for another host.

allthepies
    Free Member

Thread purely for attention, move on, nothing to see here.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Holy Moly! You remind me of a customer i once had who called into my garage for petrol, opened his boot & said 'look what I've found', & yes it was a dead badger.
    He was wierd. (& his mother was French)
    Another guy I know of collects dead birds. He somehow gets the innards out & mounts the skins on sticks. He has hundreds but he is also a respected authority on birds & apparently museums ask him for advice etc!!

cinnamon_girl

Well, what can I say? This was a deadly serious question and I have previously alluded to being interested in stuffed animals.

Some amusing pics and links for sure. 🙂 Am certainly intrigued by TJ's mother having a collection of skulls but TJ neglected to mention whether he was OK about it!

Of course the icing on the cake would be a stuffed Red Kite as long as it was not caught in flight cos half of it would be in the garden due to space restrictions!

I'm quite harmless, perhaps a wee bit eccentric, so don't feel that you have to avoid riding with me. 🙄

IA

Not a rogue taxidermist are you?

(google it :-O )

joolsburger
    Free Member
    TooTall
    Free Member

Of course the icing on the cake would be a stuffed Red Kite

Animals should be enjoyed alive, in the wild, from a distance. Not dead and stuffed and kept. Thats just sad.

olddonald

Being slightly eccentric is something to be admired – **** me I work in HR and there are alot more weired than this – and who hasn't been tempted by a bit a road kill!! Same thing…just…..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Section 1(3) Protection of Badgers Act 1992 states that a person is guilty of an offence if, except as permitted by or under this Act, he has in his possession or under his control any dead badger or any part of, or anything derived from, a dead badger.

(The exemptions are to do with it being necessary to prevent damage to crops and chickens and stuff).

This is actually true.

HTH

Cougar

The real pisser is that badgers don't have horns

You could maybe fit a bell instead?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

………. Am certainly intrigued by TJ's mother having a collection of skulls but TJ neglected to mention whether he was OK about it!

She is a slightly eccentric biologist – stuff was collected as specimens and it was always the case. I rememberer when I was a kid defrosting what I thought was a burger from the freezer and found it to be a gerbil. The worst was probably finding a goose and a fox in the freezer at the same time. We made her get another freezer for the specimens after that. ( stuff was frozen while awaiting dissection / preparation)

Just slightly odd my family – I am the normal one!

Kuco

Me and a work mate found a dead buzzard at work picked it up looked it over and it was in really good nick no marks nothing. One bloke at work knows a taxidermist and we gave it to him so he could sell it to the taxidermist.
    The taxidermist wanted my and my works mate name and a description of where we found it, he also sent a blood sample off to see if had been poisoned, apparently it hadn't.

cinnamon_girl

This thread has been such fun. 😆

TJ – your mother sounds amazing. 8) Did you dread meal times?

JulianA
    Free Member

Wierdest post on here for a while (and there has been some competition for THAT title!)

And from C_G too. Well done (I think…)

cinnamon_girl

I will readily admit I'm often an attention-whore but am actually deadly (geddit?) serious about this!

C'mon guys, we need a bit of light relief after yesterday's events and subsequent threads. 🙂

Kuco

CG we find dead sheep in the river or occasionally a cow do you want one of them sending 😉 Two even found a dead woman last year though there could be some questions if we send you one of them 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Admit it, you just want another hat

RealMan
    Free Member
    mrchrispy

decided what you're going to stuff your badger with yet?
    its not as simples as it shoulds

wwaswas

I ran over a Badgers nose whilst out on my bike. It was hidden in some grass at the edge of the trail.

Horrible crunching noise it made too.

It wasn't until I'd stopped and gone back to check that I realised it had already been dead.

I felt no temptation to adopt it, I must confess.

brassneck

I think that it's generally badger piss that's the considered be the main transmission method for bovine Tb or aerosol transmission, so if it's been dea a while you're probably safe.

PS – Eccentric is morris dancing. I think you must be completely bat sh*t crazy. 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

OK, now I'm weirded out. Can't understand stuffing animals at all, certainly not hunting for them dead in fields and taking them home.

davidrussell
    Free Member

I saw a dead rabbit at the side of the road this morning c-g. You can have it for the cost of postage if you like?

cinnamon_girl

OK, let me attempt to explain.

Some folk like having photos in their home, or paintings, or ornaments, or sculptures if they're posh.

I enjoy seeing wildlife, some creatures are beautiful to look at in all different ways. The one species I would draw the line at though is fish. That would freak me out!

I can quite understand how people could get unnerved seeing these creatures so would always be happy to put them out of sight, not in the bathroom obviously!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

First band I played in was called 'Rancid Badger' due to drummers other 'collecting and stuffing' hobby

cinnamon_girl

I kinda get the feeling that I'm 'Billy No Mates' now. 😳

Was thinking of organising an XC ride but reckon everyone will be busy. 🙄

joolsburger
    Free Member

I'm sure that's not the case, taxidermy is a bit Marmite though I find it really creepy, probably due to spending too much time at the Horniman Museum as a kid.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmm, C_G my Dad has a stuffed heron, he's weird but we all love him anyway.

Bez

I was a kid defrosting what I thought was a burger from the freezer and found it to be a gerbil

crying with laughter here

theotherjonv

Lady on the LHS of the Wisconsin Badgers pic has very nice buttocks

Sorry, what was the question?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The one species I would draw the line at though is fish. That would freak me out!

So dead badgers in your house are fine, but fish freak you out ?

You are seriously weird…………you're not Morticia Addams are you ?

I'd still go on a bike ride with you though…………specially if Uncle Fester tags along.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Pity people can't change their names any longer, "Morticia" would have been perfect for c-g :o)

cinnamon_girl

Gus – fish eyes are spooky! Even in the fishmonger's they leave the eyes in. 😯

So … when are you and Talkameda coming to Swinley then? How does a very small group sound (invite ony) with the delectable Aleigh?

cinnamon_girl

sfb – shut it!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sfb – shut it!

the dragon-lady speaks 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘'Litter picking' on a farmer's field’ is closed to new replies.