Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kona 2+2 – good deal, yes but how good?
  • flebby
    Free Member

Hello there

How good a deal is this, and how good a bike is it. Not many reviews about that I could find.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=64991

Thanks

timb34
    Free Member

I noticed this as well last week, and did some searching.

Whether it’s a good deal or not all depends on how well the Magic Link system works scaled down for XC bikes. I’ve never ridden one, but most internet reviews seem to indicate that it works very well and unobtrusively for general riding around.

However, there’s a bikeradar review of the DL (deluxe??) version of the 2+2 that suggests that the Magic Link can engage when trying to bunnyhop. I’m not sure about this as it’s the only review I’ve seen that mentions this, and Kona are still using Magic Link on their enduro bikes (now with air damping instead of a spring). I also spent an hour or so riding with one of their sponsored riders (Karim Amour) who is very particular about his bikes, and seemed to have no problem at all manualing, hopping and flying over and down stuff with ease on a Magic Link AbraCadabra.

Mind you, I notice that Kona are dropping the 2+2 from their line-up this year, so there are no Magic Link bikes in their XC range.

Even given all that, at 50% off you’re basically getting the frame for free (based on a quick tot-up of wheels, forks, shock, groupset and brakes).

flebby
    Free Member

Hi

Thanks a lot for replying. Yes indeed the bottom line is 50% isn’t it!

So tempted.

Tom83

Did you order one, Flebby? Been looking at the bike today on crc, looks like a good price and the reviews seem ok too.

It’s either this or a Anthem X3…

flebby
    Free Member

No! but still thinking about it.
    Trouble is i’m also now considering going for a bigger wheeled bike……just no as many bargains about for those ;-(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kona 2+2 – good deal, yes but how good?’ is closed to new replies.