Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kinrara Estate being difficult again – Speyside Way Access.
  • km79
    Free Member

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/9fqg7b.jpg[/IMG]

Hope someone cuts them down, or better still ties the landowner to one of the gates and let the midgies feed on him.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15427579.Row_over_access_to_Cairngorms_trail/

Highland estate limits access to famous “Whisky Trail”

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Well they won’t keep Danny Macaskill or Chris Akrigg out anyway.

scotroutes

They shouldn’t be there, but…..

The Speyside Way runs right through the estate (behind the gates) and can be accessed at Dalraddy (no more than 200m from the south gate) and from near the waterworks in Aviemore (about 600m from the north gate). The only access that has really been closed off is from the B road near Loch Alvie – not one many folk use.

The reality is that they’ve closed off access to motor vehicles that shouldn’t be there anyway.

I had a chat with the “gardner” last week and he told me they’ve had guided cycling groups going round the estate roads and refusing to get out of the way of the estate vehicles. I’m not convinced.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I know the folks who live in the big hoose at Kinrara. They have a life rent on it. Robin McLaren sadly died last week

When Robin passed over the grouse moor to his nephew to avoid death duties, he promptly sold it, much to his eternal dismay. His nephew didn’t tell him of the sale, one of the keepers was the first to inform him. He described himself as being the most disappointed man this side of Suez.

He bought a lottery ticket every week in the hope of buying it back.

I’d imagine the gates were erected by the estate’s new owners.

scaredypants

See, if you’d just said “his nephew sold it behind his back” I’d have felt sorry for him but

Robin passed over the grouse moor to his nephew to avoid death duties

, so meh

scotroutes

Kinrara gates to remain open

3rd August 2017

The Cairngorms National Park Authority and the owners of Kinrara Estate are happy to report that following positive discussions, newly installed gates on estate driveways will remain open.

Kinrara Estate has confirmed that the gates had not been operated as they had intended when they authorised their installation and the intention was never to restrict access but rather to regulate access given concerns of anti-social behaviour and other issues.

The CNPA had been investigating a potential contravention of section 14 (1) of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 on Kinrara Estate after it was reported that three new electronic gates had been installed on the Estate, which hindered people accessing the Speyside Way at three different locations.

David Clyne, CNPA Recreation and Access Manager, said: “We are pleased to report that we have had some very constructive and positive discussions with Kinrara Estate’s legal representatives and as a result the gates have been opened.”

Nah – I don’t understand it either. 😕

Nice to know the law in Scotland is still on the side of the recreational users though – especially after reading the Winterfold thread.

scandal42
    Free Member

Nice to know the law in Scotland is still on the side of the recreational users though – especially after reading the Winterfold thread.

People aren’t building jumps and digging up the land here though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kinrara Estate being difficult again – Speyside Way Access.’ is closed to new replies.