• This topic has 177 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by macb.
Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Jones Pron
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Unicycle shops are good for 3″ by 26″tyres strangely enough

They do weigh the earth tho

charliedontsurf

Surly have one tyre at 29+ now, but there will be more coming, maybe bigger, maybe a 2.7s a size you can drop on to a flow rim with a normal rigid 29er fork.

There is undoubtably more to come.

zinaru
    Free Member

yum, lots of nice photo’s of joneses…
    had my ti spaceframe for just over a year, its true what ‘they’ say. its the best bike ive ever ridden. spent 4 years saving up for it at at this rate, considerably longer enjoying having done so.
    so assured and well thought through, bit of shock adjusting to rigid after years of hardtail action but love just about every aspect of the bike. i’m probably boring in my gushing praise for it.
    jeff is a clever chap…

charliedontsurf

I have a small parcel of Jones bars here now… for the first time in ages… only three bars left.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/new-jeff-jones-aluminium-h-bar-loop-and-cut-loop–handlebars-2415-p.asp

small print…. obviously available from good bike shop everywhere… oh hold, no they are not.

firestarter
    Free Member

Like the idea of the Bars but not sure how they would be with a rohloff as your obstructing the socalled xc honking position 😉 anyone tried them with a gripshift type shifter

Atomizer

I had a Rohloff on mine – the new style low profile shifter. Worked very well and didn’t get in the way *too* much.

[/url]
    DSC_0285 by Jones96er, on Flickr[/img]

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks fellas food thought 😉

pnut
    Free Member

So much Jones goodness. Just ordered a diamond frame myself.

jameso

DSCN9297 by james-o, on Flickr

The Tour-Tech Duality is strong in this one.

bonesetter
    Free Member

pnut – Member
    So much Jones goodness. Just ordered a diamond frame myself.

Fork?

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

H-bars, cut or uncut, that is the question? (well for me anyway, cannot decide)

who votes cut over loop ?

peanut
    Free Member

I’ve got both. The loops are more versatile with space for gear shifters as well as brakes, and the loop for attaching lights, maps etc, however for some unexplained reason, I prefer the cuts on the single speed.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

peanut, do they(cuts) feel narrow ? thats my only concern

peanut
    Free Member

Oddly enough no, or at least, not after they;ve been on the bike for a while ( I am a serial fettler, and also hate narrow bars). If I put some wide 780’s on for a change and then go back to them, they do feel really narrow and odd, but after a few minutes, completely natural and I wonder why I would ever want to ride anything else. The loops are not noticably wider, just longer in the grip position. I do sometimes dream of a really wide Jones bar, but then I am a bit of a handlebar tart. 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

There’s a ti diamond frame with truss forks on fleabay at the moment. Glad I don’t have a job as I’d have been sorely tempted.

peanut
    Free Member

Yeah, its sad, I can afford the bars but not the bike!

macb
    Free Member

Quick technical question if I may, is there a way of creating a dual duty single speed wheel that can run front or rear?

I understand that for front use the rotor would need to be spaced out approx 5mm(maybe less) or the caliper in by the same. But what about a non-permanent change that would allow the axle to fit either dropout? Could you take it down to 9mm and still run it safely in the rear?

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Jones Pron’ is closed to new replies.