• This topic has 177 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by macb.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)
  • Jones Pron
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Hmmm… what do folks think of that £2.5K price, all things considered – 8 yrs old etc? Isn’t JJ bringing out a ti diamond anyway

tazzymtb

oh my…..I’ve just had a sex wee….that’s lovely!

tazzymtb

big blue in action

c_klein87

I bought my Ti Loop bars of that guy, i’d say 2.5k is steep……it looks epic tho

bonesetter
    Free Member

What about the fork – have the later ones changed in any way?

tazzymtb

that’s the older 100mm spaced non fatty version isn’t it?

Candodavid
    Free Member

pah, it’s old hat and out of date, i’ll give him £20 to take it off his hands, save him storing it after all

singlespeedstu

Stu has a pic somewhere with the new loops and the older cut loops together from memory

Though they’re the loop compared to the original H bar not the cut loop.
    Oh and one of the H bars is the HD version and the other is the standard version.

For anyone that is interested. 😕

2010_1210newandold0002 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

bonesetter – Member

What about the fork – have the later ones changed in any way?

They’re still the same geometry though they have had a few tweeks on knee clearance and tyre clearance.
    Even the original 100mm hub version have the same geometry. Though the inability to use a fat tyre is a bit of a draw back.

Clink

Hmmm… what do folks think of that £2.5K price, all things considered – 8 yrs old etc? Isn’t JJ bringing out a ti diamond anyway

I would LOVE that frame…but I haven’t got £2500 and I’d prefer 135mm front. 😕

charliedontsurf

Loop bars should be with me next week…. Boy many coming, email me if you want some.

OCB
    Free Member

Sorry, it might just be too early in the morning for me to work it out, but … are the (aluminum) Loops coming out at 690mm tip-to-tip now, or are they still 660mm (like mine are)?

I love the ones on my Swift, but that extra 30mm would be great …

EDIT:
    Hmm, or too early for me to bother looking at the Jones website I ‘spose – which I’ve now done. Sorry, have the thread back now … 🙄

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Had mine for 3 years now – my only bike and still loving it 🙂

You can get the Jones type grips from Billys Bikes.

I had an email from Jeff this morning: He’s trying out the new Surly Fatness.

Knard and rabbit Hole 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

I wish I hadn’t looked at this thread.

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks for the grip info folks…

biff

All this Jones talk. Tuppence from me… I’ve a test bike here in Sussex if it helps, and can get stuff to CTBM and Sideways and Bothy Bikes easily enough. I’m also happy to travel around meeting people for rides on their local trails on a Jones so they can really test things. They ride good.

And big hello to Kenny :O)

Stoner
    Free Member

biff – excuse my ignorance, but are you then the “importer” for the other guys? Are there knards in the UK at the moment?

mattjg
    Free Member

biff I’m in Surrey and would love a go, probably a couple of my buddies would be curious too

biff

Yes – I’m importer. But not important. Knards are Surly thing so although Jeff has some in Oregon to test and fiddle with I’ve no notion of UK availability. But Charlie (CTBM) is linked in to their distribution channels so he’ll have a much better idea. He might be along in a bit, I might need to nudge him.

Stoner
    Free Member

Knards are Surly thing so although Jeff has some in Oregon …

sorry, I was being a div and conflating jones/surly 😳

Ive put my emial address in CTBM’s auto-fatkit-trumpet database so will just have to wait and see. I was wondering what the inflated dimensions of the tyre might be on a gordo and whether I could stuff it in a 100mmQR jones truss fork….

Gotama
    Free Member
    biff

Stoner – Jeff is due to report back on 100mm truss fork fitting. I’ll let you know. Surly’s blog has some dimensions over at http://surlybikes.com/blog/your_rabbit_hole_looks_knardy that should help.

Mattjg – a ride on the North Downs should be very possible. Saturday rather than sunday better for me, although week days doable too. Feel free to email me, biff@yesweareontheweb.com to sort something.

Clink

biff – any news on the likelihood of a ti diamond in the near future?

Stoner
    Free Member

oh, well found lads. Thats a great help.

a P35 nominally has the same dims as my gordo then, so just need to get the tape measure out and see if “The Knard 3.0 tire on a Velocity P35 will be 76.7mm wide and have a diameter of 778.6mm.” will fit in the fork.

As it happens I ride RR 2.4 on my gordo, which comes in at 61mm wide and plenty of radial room. SO if the RR on the rabbit hole is 66mm/752mm, It may just squeeze.

*heads off to shed with tape measure…*

Stoner
    Free Member

Well that’s put paid to my optimism 🙁

There’s no chance it’s going to fit. There’s probably just enough clearance on the front truss but not the rear fork legs.

My RR on 35mm gordo is 746mm x 61mm and there’s probably just enough clearance for an RR on a Rabbit Hole at 752mm x 66mm

BUT…

there’s not the room to go up to 77mm wide AND 779mm diameter as the legs start to taper in to the crown too quickly.

RR 2.4″ on Gordo 35mm, Jones 29er 100mm fork

peanut
    Free Member

Hey biff, you ever over south Devon way for a demo?

biff

Peanut – South Devon isn’t a regular stomping ground but how far are you from Swanage, Dorset? Charlie has a Jones for riding there. The next best option is an event/race where I (or another friendly Jones owner might be). I do get about though so will add South Devon to my list of places to take my bike and contact you if I’m heading that way.

peanut
    Free Member

Cool, thanks biff. Keep meaning to get over to Charlie’s, but a ride on ‘my’ trails would be best. Haldon, Woodbury and Dartmoor are good places for a biking trip btw 8).

biff

Clink (and others) – AFAIK Jeff wants to do (more) Ti and lots more besides but Jones Bicycles is just Jeff (and Sheila – Mrs Jones) with no ‘big company’ behind the scenes. It’s all down to time, money and passion. Jeff has the latter in abundance, the other two are trickier.

mattjg
    Free Member

ti diamond. want. (if JJ think it works).

biff

Peanut – I rode Dartmoor once, a long time ago. It was good. I’ve made a note.

somafunk

biff : G’d evening, long time no see/speak…yadda…yadda….blab….blab….yeah, i’m fine, back riding after 4yrs away…are you well? – still jones’ed up i see?……ahhh good-good, that’s nice to hear, pass on my regards to jeff…… so that’s the pleasantries out the way then 😉

Outcast? – I take it the filthy rag is still alive and in print?, by use of the term ‘alive’ i should say dragging it’s infected pages across moor and hillside infecting all living things in it’s path with deviant spores of wanton depravity?, if so then good!, i’ll be in touch through the usual means by branding my subscription address on the carcass of a wild goat and dropping it off at your doorstep, or i may just send you an email….wild galloway goats are getting rather scarce at the moment – hope you understand.

Mick : – I’ll be in touch also….ps : nice bike!, very tucked back end……sorry…got a bit “carry on” stylee there.

Glad to be back, only 4 days till i fall down at the real ale wobble…woohoo!. 😀

biff

Issue #25 of The Outcast is being worked on.
    The best ‘zine in the world is coming!

martinh
    Free Member

Jeff posted his experiences with the Knard on his blog

firestarter
    Free Member

Hells bells biff I thought you must have run out of paper 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers martin – unfortunately that’s his 135mm unicrown and truss forks he’s reviewing. I have the older 100mm truss and there’s just not the room.
    I reckon my fatness is limited to a 2.4″ tyre on 35mm, maybe 50mm, rim.
    Im OK with that as the RR + Gordo has been very good – and it’s quite light too.

AlexSimon

Too many posts without pics, so I thought I’d throw this in, from flickr.
    All kinds of wrong and right at the same time 🙂

Jeff Jones Spaceframe Bicycle with Porcelain Rocket gear by Porcelain Rocket, on Flickr

martinh
    Free Member

I’m too am limited by the 100mm fork.

Currently running P35s with Geax 2.3 Gatos which can be run at pretty low pressure but I’d love to be able to run a Knard.

Stoner
    Free Member

martin – I wonder what size a 3″+ tyre on a 26er rim comes to? or maybe 650b – is there such a fat rim/tyre product?

firestarter
    Free Member

Stoner here is a pic of my old km with 26″ wheels and 3″ nokian’s on , they were just a touch smaller than 29erxwith regular 29er tyres on

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers firestarter – something to consider. I guess there’s quite a few 3″+ 26er tyres out there….

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Jones Pron’ is closed to new replies.