Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Have we done the Rifkind/Straw/Bottle of Chips thing yet?
  • Northwind

Eh, I think he’s doing that because he can. But there’s a difference between sitting on an advisory board and being a full time MP. You are allowed to retire from that you know, it doesn’t have to be because you’re evil.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, there is many good MPs, but like his chum Tony Blair, Straw isn’t one of them…

Neither is Rifkind, but we’ll get to that later…

Northwind

Never said he was a good MP either- actually I’ve no idea how he was as an MP but he was home secretary and they’re all barking.

But as ever you’re throwing a load of different webs together and tying them up with nothing. “70 year old man retires from government- proves there must be a conspiracy, there’s no other likely reason”

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one…

You have to remember that as well as legal teams with vast resources, MPs are also surrounded by PR and spin doctors, who will sugar coat everything to protect the integrity of not only individuals, but the party as a whole.

This means the media can’t report every last detail, both for legal reasons and their continued relations with the political elite.

With that in mind, it’s perfectly reasonable to assume that the reasons I’ve listed likely play a part in Straw’s planned departure.

Rifkind’s unplanned one is another story in itself…

binners

According to the Guardian, Rifkind made £270,000 from his consultancy work last year

Junkyard
    Free Member

You have to remember that as well as legal teams with vast resources

To what exactly are you referring to here?

MPs are also surrounded by PR and spin doctors

I think you are confusing the higher echelons of party systems and MP’s.

Out of interest how does the one Green MP fit into this view?

you take small snippets of truth – the parties employ spin doctors and then , ironically, spin this truth to the point where it no longer represents reality.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

you take small snippets of truth

Oh the irony…

Aside from spin on your part, how is one Green MP in any way relevant here?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have no idea how it is relevant to your point about MP’s hence why I asked you.
    Is this MP surrounded by PR and spin doctors and does she have legal teams [ note the plural] with vast resources?
    Well, does she?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Is this MP surrounded by PR and spin doctors

No doubt~whether or not they are from the Green Party and acting in her interests is another matter…

does she have legal teams [ note the plural]

Oh, I see, so this is basically an exercise in pedantry… well done you!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was trying to see whether your statement was true or false. You said teams. Was it an error to say this or was it true?
    Anyway it appears to be futile to ask you questions as you just duck and avoid them as this exchange has shown.
    Your claim was at best overstated and at worst false.
    Getting you to admit that would seem unlikely so I respectfully retreat.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Perhaps grammar isn’t your strong point Junky,

You have to remember that as well as legal teams with vast resources, MPs are also surrounded by PR and spin doctors, who will sugar coat everything to protect the integrity of not only individuals, but the party as a whole.

This means the media can’t report every last detail, both for legal reasons and their continued relations with the political elite.

You seem to have confused the singular and plural:

A MP vs the collective MPs, as I used in the correct context, to convey true facts.

Shame to have to bring the matter down to such petty and trivial analysis, but if that is what it takes for you to comprehend, I’m only too happy to help.

I’ll be back to boggle your mind with some more background to Rifkind in due course…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Obvious avoidance of the question is obvious.
    Asking you a couple of simple question is singularly [ see what i did there] the most pointless thing on the internet
    Forgive me I have learnt this time to just let you spout your true facts*

* see if you can work it out will you….chuckles

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Blimey, you were on fire yesterday…

Being as it’s not a question relevant to the topic and what I’ve written in the 1st place is accurate, I’m going to move on~ we could fart around straying off topic and arguing over nothing, but it’s not really fair to other people who may have valid comments on the subject

So, back to Rifkind as promised:

I’ve already mentioned his role as chair of ArmorGroup during the Iraq war and the potential conflict of interest when he requested the CIA torture report.

Of further concern to his role on the Intelligence and Security Committee are:

a) He shared directorship in a company with John Chilcot (who will hopefully be releasing his report before yet another war starts)

b) His Cousin is/was Leon Brittan

Until the Chilcot report is released, we’ll have to give them the benefit of the doubt, however, b) certainly raises questions…

This account came from documents taken by police in January 2013 which had been compiled by social workers from NAYPIC:

This along with several similar abuses and brushes with the law mean it is reasonable to assume intelligence services had an extensive dossier on Leon Brittan, not to mention other figures involved in the paedophile ring which used Elm Guest House, Dolphin Square, Military bases and other venues.

No doubt if Police had been provided with these intelligence documents when the scandal was 1st revealed publicly in 2012, there would’ve been many more high profile arrests of the political elite by now.

Rifkind could’ve ensured justice was served, but it appears he chose to protect the establishment, rather than the public interest.

The fact that Rifkind 1st came into Thatchers cabinet as a result of the Westland affair is interesting and raises questions over this deal when he was defence minister

Furthermore both Leon Brittan and an Heir to Westland Helicopters were both named as attending Elm Guest House on documents provided to police which only adds to the intrigue…

Admittedly, the Westland angle is a more tenous link than the fact Rifkind and Brittan were cousins and Ministers in Thatchers Cabinet.

The odds of Rifkind not knowing of Brittan’s involvement in child rape are slim.

Of course, far beyond this, the footage that has led to Rifkind’s standing down raises questions over the many deals he has conducted over the years.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Yowsers, Jack Straw is doubtless one of the devil’s own

What will the future hold if such Orwellian trends continue?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the Rifkind/Straw/Bottle of Chips thing yet?’ is closed to new replies.