Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Chase HQ
  • bearnecessities

richmtb

Nice!

I remember being able to complete it on a single credit in the local amusements.

20p for 20 minutes entertainment wasn’t bad value

Northwind

What was it, change the controls to SHOCKED for infinite credits.

bearnecessities

Cheat Mode

keypress Redefine the keys as: S H O C K E D The word TEST will appear in the bottom right hand corner, now redefine the keys again but use those that you are going to play the game with this time. Now once the game has started press: 1 to restart the current level 2 to go to the next level 3 to see the end sequence.

And those that have a Multiface here is an extra cheat: At address 2074 poke 00 for infinite time. – submitted by Malc (CPC Zone Staff)

😉

martinhutch

Preferred this. Easier to play when drunk.

jekkyl

Let’s go Mr Driver!!
    One of the first games to give speech to the tiny Spectrum 48k speaker. Loved it.

jamj1974

Radmobile was another great arcade racer.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was never that keen on Chase HQ to be honest. Didn’t play driving games that much on the ST really – I suppose Buggy Boy and Test Drive were the ones I played most. Oh actually, no – Lotus Turbo Esprit but that was a cracked copy and kept crashing.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBaeYbsgVI[/video]

I thought that was brilliant, because I’d not long come from Harrier Attack and Manic Miner. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to my 12yo self with a Playstation and a copy of GTAV. I wonder what I’d have thought.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I prefered Deathchase on the Speccy. Or Ikari Warriors on the C64.

Load “” or whatever it was.

edit: Ikari Warriors was Amiga iirc

molgrips
    Free Member

Ikari warriors was shit, only mildly amusing with the cheat allowing you to romp through destruction.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Outrun was amazing at the arcade, but it was dismal on almost every home computer version I tried. Except the C64 version, which was passable.

Now, Lotus Turbo Challenge…had all three on the Amiga.

pondo

Ikea Warriors? That passed me by.

Only one old school beat me up you need – The Way Of The Exploding Fist. 😀

phiiiiil

I still have the theme tune to Lotus Turbo Challenge stuck in my head every now and then, although I haven’t played it in years. It’s quite funky.

Doop-doop-doobydooby-doo-doop…

almightydutch
    Free Member

Sorry but for me the car game of that era was Power Drift.

If you managed to find one that had the sit down car/tub on the hydraulic platform then the feeling of movement made the game come alive

aphex_2k
    Free Member

The Way Of The Exploding Fist.

IK+

Northwind

molgrips
    Free Member

http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/game/21611/rick-dangerous-amiga-atari-st.html

I look forward to showing my daughter what computer games used to be like in the old days.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Supercars2 was the best!

Top down, but plenty of “first off at the lights” and “I’ll get you for that!” emotion.

Pook

Supercars 2 was ace. Lived the little quiz bits in between too when you went to see your sponsor our the licence people.

PJM1974
    Free Member

IK+ For the win!

richmtb

Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga was ace.

Absolutely bastard hard though!

bob_summers

I was working for Sega coin op division when they developed F355 Challenge. It was pretty dull, but for me was the first game that was realistic enough that a proper driver could beat a gamer geek.

I preferred Crazy Taxi.

pondo

Boom – what a game that was. How on earth is it not on phones now?

richmtb

was working for Sega coin op division when they developed F355 Challenge. It was pretty dull, but for me was the first game that was realistic enough that a proper driver could beat a gamer geek.

My local arcade ran a competition for the fastest lap each week on F355 Challenge. I won it three weeks in a row and they cancelled the competition

I didn’t have a driving license at the time!

bob_summers

Monza? We had a fastest lap competition running in the factory, it got down to knocking 1/100s off each lap, and when we thought we couldn’t possibly get any faster they delivered a machine to Rubens Barrichello to play with. Within a few laps of firing it up, he was lapping faster than all of us 😯

He claimed not to be interested in video games, but who knows?

zilog6128

Boom – what a game that was. How on earth is it not on phones now?

Too hard, like all games from years ago. Imagine sitting one of today’s molly coddled wimpy “gamers” in front of R-Type. They’d be crying for their mummy in 5 minutes. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Imagine sitting one of today’s molly coddled wimpy “gamers” in front of R-Type.

Huh.. some of us played R Type and still play modern games… 🙂

stumpy01

richmtb – Member

Absolutely bastard hard though!

I was trying to remember what this was called. My mate had it on the Commodore 64.

I had R-Type on my Master System II. Great game.

What was the top-down spacecraft shoot-em-up on the Amiga that had Megablast as the music?? OOooooh! Xenon2 megablast. Thanks Wikipedia!
    And I just found this: http://www.abandonia.com/games/42

stumpy01

And this:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/934/Stunt+Car+Racer.html

think I might be perusing that site a bit over the weekend!!

jordie
    Free Member

Afterburner down the arcade was fab me and my pals pretending to be the next Maverick & Goose. Ah life was so simple bavk then. Any screen shots from the Speccy version if Chase HQ i think it looked pretty bad. Stunt car racer +1

bearnecessities

…and then this changed everything 😀

edlong
    Free Member

Weird. Not thought about Chase HQ for many years. Saw this thread earlier today. Went out on bike. Got passed by a black Porsche 928 which was “shifting”. Didn’t see it deliberately ram anybody, but still, there can;t be that many black 928s left on the road…

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Chase HQ’ is closed to new replies.