• This topic has 71 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Bottle of White Lightning anyone?
  • binners

that’ll be £10 please sir

If the price of the cheap strong stuff is going up, will alckies have to be become more discerning? Maybe trading up from their white cider to maybe a nice Argentine Malbec?

bigjim

No way, that was a student staple, 3 litres for £3 got two of you ready for a night oot.

binners

wrecker
    Free Member

So is alcoholism the preserve of the rich? Seems unfair.

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8CQRerBVA[/video]

messiah
    Free Member

Will this push more people towards other substances like smack?

mrchrist

So is alcoholism the preserve of the rich? Seems unfair.

No just the more dignified:)

wwaswas

Let them drink lube?

binners

Good point. E’s have been cheaper than a pint for years now

Harry_the_Spider

My father in law will be gutted.

It will be cheaper (and probably better) for him to drink diesel rather than his usual trampaign.

Won’t someone please think of the old guys who just like a quiet drink in front of the telly?

binners

wwaswas – never mix your drinks!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5EmCKbWS6c[/video]

😆

althepal

This is what the discerning alkies are downing these days..

emsz
    Free Member

white lightening, yuck even the chavs don’t drink that shit.

This all assumes that people get their alcohol from a supermarket, rather than Dave at his lock up, like the rest of us do!!

Harry_the_Spider

Good grief 😯 That Frosty Jack lookes like something you would use to clean the splattered bugs off the front of your car with.

binners

tootallpaul

Harry, don’t tell everyone, or the garage forecourts will be overrun by the more discerning alcoholics…

hora
    Free Member

I shuddered. We used to drink White Lightning alot at Uni. Drink about out of the bottle and pour in some blackcurrent cordial then go out.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

There goes the £9.99 a bottle whiskey special offers that are often on at supermarkets and offies around the country 🙁

D0NK

Cheap supermarket whisky at £16.10

eh? £16 cheap?

special red was the tipple of choice when we hung around on the park as kids adolescents, WL aka mange was scorned for being too cheap and too nasty

mcboo
    Free Member

I used to work in a bar in Perth where the pre-football sharpener on a Saturday lunchtime was snakebite and blackcurrant.

1 x bottle Special Brew
    1 x bottle White Lightening
    1 x splash blackcurrant

One fat idiot with diabetes used to drink them with CC and soda chasers. That was 22yrs ago, reckon he’s dead?

twotonpredator

good old white lightning.

I still have nightmares about the hangover I suffered after my mate and I decided it would be a good idea to make some snakebite with white lightning and kestrel super strength. it literally burnt a hole right through me.

it also reminds me of good times at uni. i vaguely recall they did a 50% extra free ‘millenium party pack’ to celebrate y2k. 3 litres of white lightning does not make a party!

wwaswas

I don’t care if my bottle of Vodka does cost £22 now, I’m still going to party like it’s £19.99

igmc.

binners

WAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!! 😆

Are you, by any chance, here all week?

derek_starship
    Free Member

That frosty Jack loooks like the perfect solution to that oil patch on my driveway.

Drac

I don’t care if my bottle of Vodka does cost £22 now, I’m still going to party like it’s £19.99

/applause

emsz
    Free Member

LOLing at wwaswas

binners

Post of the week? Gets my vote 😀

althepal

Frosty Jack has never seen an apple in its life.. I’d be surprised if it had even been in a factory that had apples in it at the same time!
    Horrible, horrible stuff. Even worse when it comes back out.

wwaswas

😳 You know when you steal a joke off twitter and don’t mention the fact when you post it somewhere else and then everyone then seems to think it was original to you? Well, that. 😳

I’ve decided to ‘fess up.

derek_starship
    Free Member

wwaswas – glad I wasn’t drinking coffee (or Kestrel Super) when I read that. I’ll try the veal if you’re here all week!

csb

Easy lube? “Nonsense, this is a far superior drink to meths! The w+*@^%$£ don’t drink it because they can’t afford it!”

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I still have nightmares about the hangover I suffered after my mate and I decided it would be a good idea to make some snakebite with white lightning and kestrel super strength. it literally burnt a hole right through me.

We tried this with Special Brew instead, it seemed fun at the time, but you’re right – one hell of a hangover.

mustard
    Free Member

Did Heineken not kill of White Lightening last year after they aquired whoever it is that makes it and decided they didn’t like it’s image?

konabunny
    Free Member

Wwaswas – awesome

bagpuss72
    Free Member

We used to drink diamond white and castaways mixed together in a pint glass ‘Blastways’ at college aaaaaaaaah the good old days…. now where’s my cirrhosis tablets…..?

chvck
    Free Member

We did it with frosty jacks and super tennants. Never, ever, ever again.

konabunny
    Free Member

Supercider like White Lightning always turned me completely psycho…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

yuck even the chavs don’t drink that shit.

My ex flat mate did. 😯 I moved out pronto!

sobriety
    Free Member

Weaklings, forget the blacks add port instead, Snakebite, SnakeBosh!

bigsi
    Free Member

The trouble is that its going to affect one of the few growth areas of the British economy, the small brewery.

The UK has seen an explosion in these over the past few years & many of there products range in strength from your standard 4/5% up to Imperial Stouts which can be over 10%!

They come in 330ml bottles and currently are more expensive but only a circa £2 more than say a 3.5% Pale Ale in a 500ml bottle. The Pale Ale could be drunk all night where as its unusual for someone to drink more than 1 Impy Stout in an evening but the cost will be about double.

So, is it really the strength of the product rather than the amount of the product that is the problem?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Bottle of White Lightning anyone?’ is closed to new replies.