Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • savoyad

@phil56 will handle it Paul. But he won’t need a fag packet. He’ll use his uncanny sense for the fastest time that week’s riders can get to the line all together.

djflexure

@phil56 Really sorry, but just got home from work and still feeling ropey from the Pfizer jab. I’m going to get an early night. Wish I wasn’t leaving you with just 4 but I wont be any use.

Have a great run out – its a nce course and I’m disappointed to miss it.

phil56

@djflexure – no problem, look after yourself.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Does STW have a discord channel?

robbo1234biking

Great ride MoreSTW. Everyone worked well together we went quicker on the second lap as well but the two laps were within 10 seconds of each other!

I averaged 320w for the last 8 minutes which is a PB so that was a great effort.

@savoyad
    on the results my time is showing 4 mins quicker than everyone else – is there something wrong or are the results taking there time to sort out? If my time gets sorted then we will be about 50th in Latte which is one of our best ever results. The longer ones seem to suit us!

drew

Thanks for organising us @robbo1234biking that was a really enjoyable outing. I was a bit apprehensive beforehand as I’ve not really done a lot since my last ttt three weeks ago and this one has a bit of a reputation. I’m not surprised you got a pb, you did did a lot of the pulling at the end. Your training is obviously paying dividends.

paino

It was just the 3 amigos in STW tonight. Phil’s borrowed trainer was still putting out Watts even though he’d stopped pedalling so was already over the line…tried to jump back in but no luck. WTRL has us as DNQ, which is fair enough as we knew from the start it would just be a training ride. It was hard work though, but we pulled out a 1:06.10ish which was pretty good for just 3.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Cheers @Paino and @Paul-S. That was….character building. Shame about Phil’s issues although I think it was a great non-result😉. It was fun overtaking a few teams on the way.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Thanks @Slowpuncheur & @Paino That was hard work, defo enjoyed the 3 of us overtaking full teams :-). Strava has me down for a 1:06 as well with 221W, I seem to have plateaued on power, not gone up for a while 🙁

The turbo had a blib and dropped for 1 possibly 2 seconds, and I came to a halt, couldn’t believe how quickly you dissappeared into the distance, so thanks for waiting.

How did MoreSTW do?

haloric
    Free Member

Looking at the splits we were ahead by a 3m 15 at 30km, but STW hauled that back and finished in 1:06:11 versus our 1:07:45

We had a drama with about 8k to go and got split passing a second time on a rise, Jack and I coasted to the finish.

robbo1234biking

My time seems to have sorted itself out so we came in 76th in Latte with 1:06:20 – that’s a good result and we beat our previous time on this course.

3 laps of the Innsbruckring next week so a bit shorter but the leg snapper 3 times!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

So…the 3 STW amigos were faster by 9 seconds? We’ll never know for sure as we were a DQ but interesting to see how we had a better second lap. It didn’t feel quite like that! I will say that it is far easier passing a team if there is only 3 of you!

haloric
    Free Member

I’m not sure what to think about the splits, since they have changed a little since last night.

Now MoreSTW were +18, +52, +47, +9

I’m pretty sure if we could have stuck together on that last pass we could have finished even stronger as 6 – rats !.

zilog6128

So…the 3 STW amigos were faster by 9 seconds?

indeed but you normally finish a good few minutes ahead!!

I’m pretty sure if we could have stuck together on that last pass we could have finished even stronger as 6 – rats !.

yeah probably could’ve done with more communication there, don’t know whether you two eased off slightly after passing the 1st team and therefore got stuck behind the 2nd one whereas I’d seen Robbo etc weren’t easing up so just barrelled through 🤣 We were flying after that though, made up loads of time vs STW, I was doing well over FTP just to hang on although for some reason that was fine… normally struggle with the longer ones as I have no endurance… even managed a sprint finish to just about fend off that last team who were closing & trying to pass us 😃

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@Paul_S had a trainer drop our which probably cost us a minute or so and to be fair, there were just 3 of us all the way around!

robbo1234biking

Robbo etc weren’t easing up so just barrelled through

Yeh sorry about that – might have got a bit of finish line fever about 5km too early!

Paul-S
    Free Member

I don’t think we were DQ’d.

According to this:
    WTRL Coffee Classes

We are allowed a team of 3, with a Max of 2 Cat ‘A’, I didn’t know about that.

P.

haloric
    Free Member

> don’t know whether you two eased off slightly after passing the 1st team and therefore got stuck behind the 2nd one whereas I’d seen Robbo etc weren’t easing up

We were still exiting the first team as you were pushing into the 2nd, we were not bunched as we hit the first one, were a little bit stretched, we didn’t ease up, put in even more effort, but could not escape the first team for a few seconds and then you were all through the 2nd and they were between us and you.

Probably would have been better to co-mingle with the 2nd team, or just hold behind until we were all together, then press on, than have tried to pass both at the same time, but thats the fog of war!. They were very close together, so anything might have happened.

zilog6128

or just hold behind until we were all together, then press on

yes definitely, something to bear in mind for next time!! Although tbf double passes are rare.

drew

Double passes are always going to be tricky, especially in undulating terrain. If we had eased up we might then have had the problem of the team we’d just passed backing into us. Just unfortunate timing I think, especially as you and Jack had put in the hard work on the hills by that point.

haloric
    Free Member

There was definitely the possibility of it becoming a three team cluster-tuck.

I’ll get my coat.

paino

@Paul-S initially we were DNQ’ed as WTRL didn’t see you on the results-only had the 2 of us.
    Now it’s showing us with a finishing position of 350th, just 15 places ahead of MoreSTW!
    It’s amazing how much tougher it is with 3, there really is no let up at all.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Interesting that:

I had joined team STW, but my name/tag did not mention it. Yesterday I changed my tag to include STW. I thouhght that it wasn’t supposed to be using that any more?

P.

haloric
    Free Member

Finally, be the man you’ve always wanted to be.

https://zwiftinsider.com/community-welfare-update/

Annoying that its coming in just as I’ve found the perfect 1kg/day diet, but we can’t have little Timmy being upset…

Probably trying to head off some sort of law suit.

At least I will no longer have to spend any time raising my eyebrow at team Tugaz riders, who are all under 68kg.

paino

Probably trying to head off some sort of law suit.

Exactly this.
    At least I’ll now have an(other) excuse for not podiuming.

savoyad

Teams are entered, and our spreadsheet is cleared for next week.

3 laps of the Innsbrucking, so loads of flat with the exception of a little leg snapping. It’s not long at all, 27km.

Enter here, I’ll get teams sorted:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

Our numbers are on the cusp of two teams, sometimes only one, but the power spread is pretty wide now so two teams will always be better. We’ll persist with two teams for now.

If you have views on the desirability of two small teams versus one big but varied team, speak up and I’ll bear it all in mind.

savoyad
    Paul-S
    Free Member

I’m in, but only if the numbers work for you all 🙂

P.

savoyad

any plans @speedstar, @karnali, @djflexure ?
    I’m not nagging, just making sure we get it right either way…

savoyad

OK…

STW
    19:43 +5.5 minutes
    Enter pen D here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=L3MyWW5ydVJVRUZ3MlVGUUtFRm9zQT09

@phil56

@munkeymadness

@Scaredypants

@paul-s

@mbs

MoreSTW
    19:40 +11.5 minutes
    Enter pen A here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=NzJlb3IvUzV2amk2WS9wd25FM2FmUT09

@robbo1234biking

@zilog6128

@haloric

jack

@drew

@slowpuncheur

There is still room in both teams. Just wave and we’ll slot you in somewhere.

robbo1234biking

Cheers Savoyad

I am going to plug our numbers in here tomorrow morning and see what is predicted!

https://zwift-ds.com/ttt-time-predictor/?fbclid=IwAR28U8JQNShsLsCmSz8BYvKHQBHP7MST4ZVge0Usk1eW354AZ7EOEZkqOz4

robbo1234biking

So 42:11 is the predicted time for tomorrow night. Nice and simple course in any case.

Turns as follows. As it is a relatively short lap we are likely to get tangled with some other teams at some point so will manage that as it comes. 3.0 w/kg up the leg snapper – keep the power down until we are 10-15 meters into the descent. Watch out for the bump at the end of that descent. Other than that just follow the rotations.

Rob – 60 sec
    Paul – 30 sec
    Ant – 30 sec
    Jack – 30 sec
    Zilog – 30 sec
    Drew – 30 sec

See you later!

savoyad

Still space in both teams if anyone wants to be welcomed as a reinforcement?

Did I spy @drp in the start pen for this morning’s time zone? I can’t find you on the results though…I don’t suppose you want another try this evening?

savoyad

Also sign up people! Racepass links above. Click carefully and join the right pens.

robbo1234biking

Cheers guys enjoyed that again tonight. We rode really well as a team – no gaps formed which going up and down the leg snapper 3 times was a good result. Once the results sort themselves out I think we will have about 41:30 so a decent time.

scaredypants

SORRY to STW team – couldn’t connect to discord (every now & then it seems to forget my password and none of their recovery methods seem to work). Sadly I’m a dozy git and in all the pissed-off excitement of trying to reset, I forgot that there was a race starting. Totally missed the start time and by the time I went back I was the only moron in the village start pen
    What a nob

robbo1234biking

So 69th/193 in Latte last night so not a bad result at all. Starting to get close to the top 25% now!

3 laps of Watopia Flat route next week – 30km total so a fast short one

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks for having me back More STW – after my dalliance with the fast lads. I really enjoyed that as I was a little apprehensive that the Covid vaccine might mean I was hanging on rather than contributing. I wasn’t quite firing on all cylinders.

After a few weeks away, it was noticeable how well you now ride as a team now. It seemed to go like clockwork. Hopefully, I’ll be back to doing longer turns next week.

haloric
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride, nice result, just 35 secs down on the (admittedly depleted) STW !.

I think we are almost ready for the sink and sprint technique the pros use.

Advance notice – I am out for next Thurs, enjoy the ride.

Ant

zilog6128

Yep, I really enjoyed that, pace was perfect (for me anyway 😃) – intervals were tough & definitely starting to feel them at the end, but the in-between time allowed decent recovery in the draft. We stayed together perfectly but that was probably helped by only being caught by one team, and having to make no passes ourselves!
    There were a few times we drifted into an almost perfect line formation and it felt like we were really flying along.
    I always feel we could possibly push harder on the hills because they never particularly ruin me, and a hill like last nights allows a good few seconds recovery after. Difficult balancing act though, and I appreciate it might feel different for the heavier team members!!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.