Viewing 40 posts - 2,321 through 2,360 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • savoyad

I’m seeing @dangeourbrain, @paino, @phil56 signed up, but not @djflexure (yet).

Anyone else fancy a lap of Greatest London Flat at 7.40 this evening? All welcome.

Don’t get caught out – the finish is not the London Loop finish, it’s back up on the Mall. There’s still quite far (10km?) to go after the escalator.

djflexure

I have signed up now
    See you all later

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Do we still discord BTW?

djflexure

Presume so – I’ll be on

nixie

I’m a slim chance as a last minute addition. If it looks likely I’ll join a bit later.

Edit, looks like I should be ok to join. Have joined pen.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well you lot weren’t very kind for my first ride back 😂

Cheers for that. I think.

paino

Blame nixie. It’s never normally that fast 😆

Edit: 76th in GC. Not at all bad

nixie

I was trying to reign it in and do longer pulls rather than hard 😂. Best will etc

But yes that hurt a little.

I’ve lost a bit lot of form recently since we got a dog. Desperate to get it back.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I don’t think blame is the right word. I enjoyed it in a type two way, I’m just very out of zwift drafting practice* so seemed to be falling off the back every time I tried to drink or breathe.

Must say though I’m glad I chickened out and drove to work today, I’m not sure I’d have survived that if I’d pedalled to work and back too.

*I wasn’t ever good at it but tonight I was flatly terrible.

djflexure

I think I take the prize for being useless. Felt hard from the off and just drifted deeper into the red. Not been on Zwift for a bit but I I have seen my FTP drop a lot (measured on the trainer). Strange thing is I’m doing 300k per week of mixed riding and going well outdoors.

savoyad

Everyone competing to claim the title of rustiest?

Nice ride. Timely arrival @nixie.

I’ll pop an entry in for next week, 2x ocean lava cliffside.

nixie

@dangeourbrain not sure how long you’ve been off zwift for but the draft model did change earlier in the year. I found it easier to drop off the back after the changes.

Pretty sure I won’t be in next week. Heading out early Friday for a long weekend riding so killing my legs probably not the best plan.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

not sure how long you’ve been off zwift for but the draft model did change earlier in the year. I found it easier to drop off the back after the changes

That sounds familiar, though in honesty my drafting on Zwift has only ever been middling at best. Mainly I think my near death last night was a very small drafting thing, a fair bit of a you’re all faster than me thing and a lot of I’m just not used to a constant effort thing very fit.

That said the asshole kicking 6w/kg as we began to pass him coming out of the underpass and then the pass just as we came onto the mall – where I seemed to be loosing ground to you and the solo at 500 odd – nearly ruined me. I honestly thought I was going to fall off with about 1800m to go.

savoyad

Enter here for Thursday, 7.40pm: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

2 laps of ocean lava cliffside, all welcome.

savoyad

It’s not looking particularly promising for tomorrow – just @phil56 so far, and I doubt he fancies an ITT…

Any last minute rush? Post in the thread and sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

robbo1234biking

Sorry 2 days before Jennride! Quite fancy a go on that course as well.

Wondering how much Phil would charge to tow me around the lakes?

phil56

@robbo1234biking When a few tickets became available for the Jennride last weekend I did seriously look into joining in – but having never done any bike packing before it felt like a bit to much to organise in a week!

robbo1234biking

Put it on the list for next year Phil! It’s a good event.

mrhoppy

@robbo1234biking you can’t use Jennride as an excuse. I’m getting dragged round by my team tomorrow so if I can do it so can you. 😂

djflexure

I’ll try and do the TT over summer to get some power back but having an easy week for JennRide , doing it as a pair with my son so can’t afford to go in tired

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

..but having never done any bike packing before it felt like a bit to much to organise in a week!

You wouldn’t need sleeping kit @Phil56. You’d be home and hosed by teatime!;)

speedstar

I’m going to start training for road again so could be interested in some Thursday TT action. I’ll try and stay on top of this thread.

savoyad

OK, it hasn’t worked out this week. We’ll try again next week though. I’ll enter the team and post later in here for riders.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Apologies if it’s bad form to borrow riders, but if any of those who had been keen on a ride tonight still fancy a spin, we have space for B cat riders and perhaps 1 A cat in our Platinum League Frappe team. Any questions let me know here or just join up straight up on the Team Electric Spirit Discord.

phil56

@tenacious_doug I’ve PM’d you

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Thanks for stepping in Phil! Still a couple of spare spaces if anyone is interested.

nixie

@tenacious_doug Shame you can’t use some of your A+ riders. They were damn impressive in the ZRL league I was in.

savoyad

It’s not bad form at all to borrow riders @tenacious_doug.
    In fact, if @phil56 gets a PL ride and you get a fuller roster, everyone’s happy.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’m gutted that all these months on since stw regularly took part in the weekly TTT events, I’ve felt unable to put my name up for consideration, given I much prefer Zwift TT events over races. Since the winter race series organised by robbo ended in Feb(?), my form has been all over the shop, with a cold and both Covid jabs plus a knee injury hampering my training for weeks at a time since. Sadly that’s resulted in ~5Kg weight gain, inconsistent 20min efforts close to what I could manage beforehand and I’m not sure I’ve tried to do a sustained 40min+ effort since that winter series.

I was feeling a bit more positive after an unexpected TT effort last Saturday morning, but since Monday I’ve felt fatigued again after last Tuesday’s second jab.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

@tenacious_doug Shame you can’t use some of your A+ riders. They were damn impressive in the ZRL league I was in

Thanks! Don’t fancy our frappe team trying to keep up with any of them!!

savoyad

Entry is in for this week. Thursday, 7.40pm, 2x Beach Island Loop, first time this course has featured.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome, including newcomers! I’ll post lineup, racepass etc Weds or Thurs if we get enough interest to field a team…

mrhoppy

I don’t want to steal people but I have spaces for B/C riders this week in my team at 6:20pm if anyone is interested but struggling with the 7:40 STW team. Bung me a PM if you want a ride.

speedstar

Sorry, had nursery-induced lurgy so tentatively getting back on the bike. Might be able and keen next week.

savoyad

Any interest this week? 2 laps of Tempus Fugit, so 37 flat km. Thursday 7.40pm.

I suspect it’s fading out for summer. Prove me wrong here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome.

savoyad

Shall we have a break for the summer? We’ve gone past my secret threshold for not enough interest now!

If anyone feels the urge, just resurrect the thread or start a new one. Tag me and I’ll be happy to do the entries if you want. But don’t feel obliged to come via me.

Otherwise, I’ll come back – maybe in September – and see if there’s enough interest to get something regular going again.

phil56

@savoyad sounds like a good idea – and thanks for all your efforts in organising us all year, really appreciated.

robbo1234biking

Thanks savoyad! After the school holidays sounds like a good plan. The evenings have been too nice for indoor rides (although this week my wife is working every evening so I will be forced back inside!)

mrhoppy

If anyone does feel like an occasional TTT in the mean time give me a shout as there is usually space in my team at the moment.

retrorick

Hopefully I’ll be back in September.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

By early September, I’ll be feeling the need for the TTT again. Until then, I will be enjoying the long evenings and dusty trails.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,321 through 2,360 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.