Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • djflexure

Fantastic – looking forward to it – did a short event tonight to make sure my legs can still go at a decent pace after a bit of a training block.Couple of questions

I’ve not logged in on the new system, will a link be posted?

Do you have a discord channel for comms?

What time are we off?

Is there any prearranged plan – 30s/ 1 min turns, ride order, w/kg target to be aware of?

Tx

djflexure

robbo1234biking

Savoyad will post up the joining link in the morning with joining instructions but the new system is pretty easy. Also the start delay.

Discord link here: https://discord.gg/p7pa4cEc

We will use the STW voice channel tomorrow night.

Plan…hmmm… we have been using a plan but as it is such a tough course tomorrow night for a ttt I think it will be a case of surviving the hills and recovering on the flat. Phil will shepherd us around.

What is your Zwift username?

djflexure

It’s Simon Bach – I’m on the STW Zwiftpower team sheet

robbo1234biking

Ah yeh – already following!

Lose track of usernames to Zwift names!

Welcome aboard!

djflexure

Tx – will fit in tomorrow and do what I can
    Have not ridden the course much so it will be a surprise 😀

savoyad

Confirmed team/info:
    STW Start delay 4.5 minutes – so in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:47:30

@paino

@phil56

@munkeymadness

@slowpuncheur

@robbo1234biking

@zilog6128

@haloric

@djflexure

Enter PEN D, via this link: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=clR6WDBFTDNjeXNRclpuRnFDSUdUQT09 (you must use that link! do not go directly to zwift).

It’s especially important now that you don’t pedal in the pen during the start delay. WTRL have tightened up their enforcement of what counts as an early departure. Stay still!

@djflexure
    I’ve seen you arrive on discord, we generally wear the bumbleebee outfit. I assume you know the start process. But ask questions here if you have them. No you didn’t squeeze me out, I usually ride in (what is today called) zone 1. The plan tonight is to trust @phil56. Feel free to sit in for a bit, or even the whole race, and get used to your new teammates. If you’re itching to get on the front, that’s fine too!

@phil56
    it’s @djflexure’s first time out with us, but he’s ridden before with another team.

Good luck. Try to stay together over the tops of the hills, we’ve lost time on here before by splitting on the climbs. But we’ve also gained time by satisfyingly pulling through and away from groups in disarray on this course.

savoyad
    slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@Savoyad. Done!

mccraque

It’s especially important now that you don’t pedal in the pen during the start delay. WTRL have tightened up their enforcement of what counts as an early departure. Stay still!

Even if you just nudge a pedal to stop your turbo going to sleep?

zilog6128

Even if you just nudge a pedal to stop your turbo going to sleep?

AFAIK moving within the pen is still ok, it’s just that going over the line even slightly early now incurs a serious penalty (at least 2 mins?) whereas before you’d probably have gotten away with it.

zilog6128

Good ride all! Pretty relentless course although you get a breather on the downhill. Ta Phil! 😃

djflexure

Thanks everyone – enjoyed my first STW TTT👊

haloric
    Free Member

Ouchie. Thanks for dragging me round Phil & others – was continually in the red it seems.

Hope we didn’t mess up some other teams, seemed to be a few odd stragglers near the end.

Ant

robbo1234biking

Thanks all I enjoyed that this evening. Second lap was on my limit on that steep hill.

Sand Sequoias next week (2 laps)

@savoyad
    I am not on the list of finishers – did I do something wrong on registration?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

That was a toughie last night. Good to have you along @djflexure. Sounds more straightforward next week.

savoyad

I think @robbo1234biking that maybe your zwiftpower account isn’t properly connected to your wtrl account. Can you check (in your wtrl profile)? If that is the problem, I know how to spot it in advance next time…

robbo1234biking

Should be fixed – one digit was wrong. See if you can see it properly now?

Good job you weren’t relying on me for the results!

savoyad

@robbo1234biking try clicking the racepass again: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=clR6WDBFTDNjeXNRclpuRnFDSUdUQT09
    The “old” you, but now with no name, is still attached to the team. The real you never was…It might fix itself retrospectively if you try that link again.

savoyad

Spreadsheet is reset, entries are open for this week. Thursday, 7.40pm

2 laps of Sand and Sequoias, 43km of flat desert and the rolling climb through Titans Grove.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome; just add your name to the sheet if you aren’t already there…

robbo1234biking

Im in – hopefully my registration works properly this week!

I seem to have pulled through into last weeks result now

savoyad

Yes @robbo1234biking our experiment with the new system, where you fix problems yourself and wait for the database to refresh, was a resounding success. I don’t know how far down the line they’ll automagically correct the results like that though. I like the chance to correct errors. I also like results to be final at some point…

Now you’ve fixed it, it’ll work from now on. And I now know how to spot that precise issue in future, so it will probably never arise again.

paino

Down as a maybe for Thursday…it may be the only day this week I can head out on the proper bike. Will know Wednesday evening, however if there’s 8 already then count me out.

mbs
    Free Member

Hi – I think I’ve registered in the spreadsheet for Thursday. No sure if it’s saved.

savoyad

It has saved @mbs

savoyad
    phil56

@savoyad apologies for being slow in confirming this week – I have something I need to figure out logistics wise before I can be definite. I should be able to confirm later this evening

Paul-S
    Free Member

I’m in, funny that, I was reading just the pre-review / description for it here:

https://zwiftinsider.com/wtrl-ttt-104/

P.

scaredypants

Sorry, sorry @savoyad – I’m useless

Oot again this week, but a new excuse 🙄 of bad back so all the riding I’m doing is gentle commutes this week. (obviously I also haven’t actually had a go at cleaning out my ?overheated turbo since I “failed” the other week)

djflexure

I’m deep into a training block and knackered but happy to turn out

phil56

I’m in – albeit on a borrowed turbo that apparently ‘works most of the time’!!!

speedstar

Sorry on lates this week so no can do 🙁

paino

I’m in

savoyad

We’re on 11, definitely enough for two worthwhile teams.

But also still room for more riders, of any category. Join us here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

savoyad

Teams for later. Still time for more people to join if anyone is lurking/wavering.
    Please make sure you use the right entry link racepass below!

STW
    Start delay 15.5 minutes, so in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:58:30
    Enter Pen D here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=T3J1b3NmeXZLbjdjand0QW9kTCttQT09

@phil56

@paino

@djflexure

@slowpuncheur

@paul-s

MoreSTW
    Start delay 11.5 minutes, so in the pen by 19:40 and off at 19:51:30
    Enter Pen A here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=SldSUEZ4d29EK3NLdTg4YXNvckx4UT09

@robbo1234biking

@zilog6128

@haloric

jack

@mbs

@drew

robbo1234biking

Nothing too complicated tonight. On the flat desert sections we will do pull rotations as we have done previously (aim for 280w):

Robbo – 60 seconds
    Martin – 60 seconds
    Jack – 30 seconds
    Ant – 30 seconds
    Zilog – 30 seconds
    Drew – 30 seconds

3 w/kg seems to work up the hills for us so once we come up out of the dessert we will switch to blob formation all the way through Titans grove at 3 w/kg until we get back out the other side and again switch to taking it in turns. Second time through titans we will stick with the same plan. Once through Titans if 4 riders are feeling good we will push on but will make that call on the night.

We did this as MoreSTW back in October and got 1:07 – lets try and beat it!

Paul-S
    Free Member

So for someone who has not used the new system before.

Just use the link to join the event, as that like is for Team STW.

Anything else that I need to do?

Ta P.

djflexure

Had my second Pfizer jab yesterday which wiped me out last night (first one was completely fine).

I feel OK today and will turn out for the TTT tonight but I see there are just 5 of us

#gettingtheexcusesinearly

savoyad

@paul-s you’ve done it right – but to recap for eveyone just click the entry racepass link for your team, which takes you to zwift via wtrl (where it attaches you to the team), and then enter the right pen.

Both teams are slowly appearing in the WTRL system now…

Paul-S
    Free Member

Is there a plan for my Team, or is it done on the back of a fag packet just before the start?

🙂

P

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.