Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • sturdylad
    Free Member

Thought I’d read that somewhere! Better swap back then!

paino

Sorry about that guys. Really annoying cadence drop outs. Normal range is a comfortable 85-90 and every 30 seconds was dropping to half that, sometimes further, then the Wattbike would overcompensate and it would force me to put the power on as if I were climbing. Which would be fine if I was expecting it! Had this once before, an update seemed to sort it. Zwift suggest Bluetooth interference, but it was fine earlier this morning! Ah well, one of those days, as it looks like the boiler has decided to call it a day as well. Gremlins.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Well that ended well.
    So unbelievably frustrating.
    Rebooted the laptop and did a 10 min warm up and a 30min crit race with no issues.

I wonder if there’s any connection between the crashes and the fact I’m using discord and the companion app on the same phone. Seems highly unlikely but it’s the only difference between the set up tonight and how I races on Tuesday.

Anyway enough of my troubles, I hope the rest of you had a good race.

robbo1234biking

Well done out there tonight guys. We never seem to have any luck on that course and it is the worst course to have issues on.

A long evening but made it to the end!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Well finishing with 4 is better than the 3 last time we did that course! I forgot u were on a Wattbike @paino. I can see how it must have been a nightmare to get consistent power. Hope u get the boiler sorted. Still, a good workout for 70 mins.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys, I was always on my limit, but I suppose that is a good thing. Good pacing from you all to keep me in the pack.

Keeps my fitness going in the right direction. Hoping to get somewhere back to how I was during the first lockdown 2 years ago, always going to be hard, as I had all the time in the world back then!

In the end I did enjoy that, but never again on that course!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Good effort last night @giggsmaster. Hope it sets you up for the cross race

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’m not sure I’ll get anywhere in the placings, but it’s the taking part that counts.

I wonder if they will implement robbo’s handicap system?!

nixie

I wonder if there’s any connection between the crashes and the fact I’m using discord and the companion app on the same phone.

When I used to do this the companion app b became useless. I don’t know if anything together was too much for the phone but the companion constantly froze. Admittedly I have not tried with newer more powerful phone. I don’t remember it causing issues with the main game though. I now run discord on the zwift pc.

savoyad

Team is entered for Thursday. 1x25km lap of Douce France, so fast and flat.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Assuming i stay upright this week, I’m in. (Given the last week it seems that’s a much bigger challenge than it should be!)

savoyad

So far, just @robbo1234biking, @dangeourbrain and @chrischarles

Any more takers? It’s a good flat fast short course.

Speak up…

phil56

I’m a maybe at the moment – we were supposed to be going away for a long weekend, but the weather forecast is causing a possible rethink. I’m told there’s a ‘management meeting’ this evening after which I’m sure I’ll get told one way or the other!!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Go on then. never done one before…

haloric
    Free Member

I’m back in the game now, panto season is over, but I’m going to bow out of these – the timing is just a bit too late for me. I might try to find a team in an earlier slot.

I generally work from home and am ready to ride from 6pm.

Good luck all.

paino

Maybe from me too. Beavers duty tomorrow but tonight’s was called off due to the weather so highly likely tomorrow will be cancelled.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry. Away this week.

savoyad

Welcome @freeridenick . Hopefully we can add to @robbo1234biking, @dangeourbrain and @chrischarles to join you. Keep us posted @phil56 and @paino. Defo too late @haloric?

Anyone else?

Racepass: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=ZE5FeFVRY3h5RW8rZEowLzZYVUxxZz09

Start delay is 9.5 mins – so in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:52:30

@freeridenick
    – here’s the info you’ll need…

– you need a WTRL account. If you don’t have one, get one here https://www.wtrl.racing/registration/
    – ride a road bike. dress up as a bumblebee
    – the start is hacky workaround. When it says GO – DO NOT GO! Instead you must stay stationary (i.e. don’t pedal) in the start pen for the team’s allocated start delay. This week that means sitting there for 9.5 mins. You’ll see other teams going at 30 second intervals while you wait. Don’t go with them. You can do this with a stopwatch (the onscreen clock helpfully disappears on go as well..) but even better…
    – …comms will be on discord. Click here https://discord.gg/u2tc7d6Q – it’ll be in the STW TTT Voice channel in there. It’s possible without, but much easier with. Someone (@phil56 or @robbo1234biking) will take charge on the road
    – there’s no pressure to contribute much first time out. sit in the bunch (this helps others by adding to the draft) and get a feel for how it works.
    – any questions, ask away!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’ll be game for another hard workout this week @savoyad, here’s hoping is a little shorter than last week!

phil56

I’m in

robbo1234biking

Should be around 35-40 mins tomorrow. We do the rollers section first as well when fresh so makes it easier.

savoyad

Excellent news @giggsmaster and (for us, but I realise not for you!) @phil56

Yes – the start is yesterday’s start (the first 8 or so km in fact).

sturdylad
    Free Member

I hope to be able to join in again this week. The usual tech issues aside!
    Might just forgo the big screen and use the tablet right from the get go

freeridenick
    Free Member

@savoyad
    Thanks, will sign up on WRTL
    With discord do you need a headphone ?

phil56

@freeridenick Headphones work best, but I just use the simple ones that came with my phone

freeridenick
    Free Member

OK guys. Think I’m all ready
    Signed up for WTRL
    Can see the event for 19.43 in my companion app
    Discord installed on my phone.

savoyad
    Paul-S
    Free Member

Have to nip out and give a lift, hopefully back in time, sorry if not 🤞

paino

I’m able to jump in if needed, let me know if you’re not going to make it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry folks, I’m going to ditch for this evening, something (potentially good in the longer term) has come up but it needs to be dealt with tonight.

robbo1234biking

Looks like you are in Paino for Dangeourbrain!

paino

Cheers @dangeourbrain.
    See the rest of you in the pen.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hope you all enjoy

Paul-S
    Free Member

I won’t make it back, sorry.

Now also feeling well sad as was looking forward to it to make up for a rubbish day ☹️☹️☹️☹️

sturdylad
    Free Member

Great ride tonight everyone, thanks

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Aye, nice team ride. I was hanging on at the end. Spot on motivation from Phil though, kept me in check.

Another FTP increase 204w to 208w, getting closer to my magical figure from 18 months ago.

Cheers guys.

freeridenick
    Free Member

yep, that was tough but good fun. felt harder than tuesdays race I thought but numbers show otherwise!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I often find the numbers from the TTT make it look like a lower effort than it was. I guess it’s the up/down nature of the effort Vs a solo race where you tend to be at high output a lot longer but the pads and troughs are smaller and shorter.

robbo1234biking

My first ever TTT was on Douce France back in August 2020. There were 4 riders in the team and I was absolutely hanging on with an average of 265w and we finished in 36:36.

Last night we finished in 34:53 and I averaged 312w so a massive improvement over 18 months.

Well done everyone 🙂

Next week is the WTRL TTT World Championships. Some teams take it very seriously! The route is Greatest London Loop so fairly short but does take in the big hill.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Next week is the WTRL TTT World Championships.

We’re in fancy dress right?

Next week’s will be my last for a little while probably. Work is going to be crazy in March so I’m not going to plan to be up to much.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.