Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • savoyad

8 riders, 8 places. We’ve never excluded anyone for that reason before @giggsmaster. No-one will come round and force you to ride. But no-one will encourage you to sit out like that either, it’s just not how we work this. And it would be 5B, 3C if you rode. Up to you!

Confirmed: @paino, @phil56, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @dangeourbrain, @sturdylad, @chrischarles
    Wavering: @giggsmaster

Racepass: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=QWNXYzFKQ2s1R2VBQmp3M0hhdjl1Zz09

Start delay TBC (this evening / tomorrow morning).

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

^Wot they said. We ride as a team @Giggsmaster. It’s not about a time or placings. You’ll get more opportunities for a ‘rest’ in a team of 8.

savoyad
    robbo1234biking

Oh good! A decent time delay for a change!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh good. Only 8 of us.

No real rides for me. Yay

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’m may have to cop out on this one, sorry guys and after all those nice comments as well 😁

I’ve been working evenings for the past week and half, so I’ve missed the last two Tuesday night races and last Thursday TTT. I was meant to be finished last night (Wednesday), but it has all gone a bit Pete Tong, so I’m expecting to finish the job off tonight (Thursday)! Just waiting to hear back from the customer in the morning and I’d think they would want me to complete. I’ll post when I hear anything.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Yep, confirmed they would like me to go back this evening!

I was looking forward to see how long I could hold onto the train before I was spat out the back.

Hopefully the warm welcome extends to next week😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well I don’t know about the rest of you but my legs are not very excited about this evening!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yesterday, I had my first day off biking or runnning this year. Could be good. Could be bad…

paino

I warmed up for tonight by a lap around the black at Kirroughtree. Ruined now. This might be fun.

sturdylad
    Free Member

3rd race on the bounce… And this one is a bit more lumpy.
    Will do what I can.
    See you all in the pen soon

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s everything open up there after the recent storms paino?

paino

Not really, technically the polite signs say there’s still a hazard so don’t go in. I sneaked in from the north side but had it on good authority that the forestry guys had done the clearing. Still 3 trees on the top blackcraigs side to detour around, but given the amount of chopping that’s been going on it must have been carnage last week. Apart from that it’s running really well. Nice calm day for a change. Bit different up here in Glasgow now…it’s wild out there!

sturdylad
    Free Member

Absolute b*stard!
    Laptop crashed the same time as Phil’s, got it restarted but Zwift wouldn’t work, 2nd restart wasn’t quick enough.
    Really sorry guys

sturdylad
    Free Member

Crashed 3 more times after that….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry about that folks. It’s not done that in bloomin ages 🙁

robbo1234biking

Well done all. Good ride that. Enjoyed it.

It’s a tough course that one.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Thanks guys for a great ride and for helping me survive those climbs. Did someone say 20%🤪
    Hope to see you all next week

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well tech issues aside I’m not sure I’d have done as good a job at holding on last night as Chris did anyhow.

I was way down on where I should have been in terms of average power last night by the time I finished but felt cream crackered and my legs are still rubbish this morning.

robbo1234biking

Its ok – 2 laps of Sand and Sequoias next week so nice and easy – just up the Titans Grove KOm twice!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

On the plus side I (used to) rather like sand and sequoias.

stevehine

What kind of numbers are you all putting out ? I’d be tempted to join; but I’m only just scraping the bottom of the ‘C’ so I fear I might hold you all up 😀 (I know you said it doesn’t matter; but…)

robbo1234biking

Hi Steve – all are welcome!

Last night we were 3.1 to 3.4 w/kg averages across the team. Best thing is to give it a go – we will get you across the line! 🙂

sturdylad
    Free Member

Just ordered a usb c to HDMI adaptor to try and run Zwift off my tablet instead.
    Will see how it goes over the weekend but if I’m still having issues I will bow out of the TTT as there is little point me taking a slot someone else can use if there’s no guarantee I’ll even make it to the start line.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I barely made it off the line last night, for the moment we’re not over subscribed so I wouldn’t worry and, if we’re getting to bigger numbers again we have previously run two teams anyhow so in either case you’ll not be blocking a spot

savoyad

Sign ups open and team entered. All welcome. Get your names down: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

It’s 2x Sand & Sequoias this week, great TTT course.

Thurs 7.40pm like usual.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in.

robbo1234biking

Here is the course for this week. As Savoyad says this is a good course for a TTT and we have also historically gone pretty well on this one (it is pretty long and people tend to drop of towards the end).

“Sand and Sequoias” Route Details (Watopia)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looking very unlikely for me this week now.

Bloody sore after my fall yesterday, and whilst I can turn pedals ok any serious effort is not rewarded and I think trying to keep up with folks is likely to do me more of a mischief.

If my ride in tomorrow is something of a revelation I may be back but otherwise I’ll see you all next week.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’m in, will have back up tech on standby too!

savoyad

Sorry to hear that @dangeourbrain. Get fixed. Hope it doesn’t take too long.

savoyad

7 riders so far: @paino, @phil56, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @giggsmaster, @sturdylad and @chrischarles

Any takers for that last space?

Here is your racepass: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=NDFibHhJbWxNbDFwQXdlVjhXamRPZz09

I’ll post the start delay later…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Should be ok in a few days with a little bit of rest I think Savoyard.
    Stiff as a board but pedaled in alright this morning, gentle pootle was fine but anything out of the saddle or pushing particularly is significantly uncomfortable, racing is not the order of the day!

Annoyingly I came on the MTB this morning following the slip yesterday and the big patch of muck I slipped on is gone. Buggers must have cleaned the path and trimmed back the edges at some point yesterday!

savoyad

Start delay 8.5 mins – so in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:51:30

In: @paino, @phil56, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @giggsmaster, @sturdylad and @chrischarles

Plus @mackem who is a maybe…?

phil56

Guys,
    apologies but I’m not going to make this evening. I thought I was well on the road to covid recovery, but for some reason I feel rubbish today – hopefully another weeks rest will see me right.

robbo1234biking

Hope you are feeling better soon Phil! Best dig out the stopwatch!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that @Phil56. Similar to my experience of it. You think you’ve got it beat and you then get the odd bad day. Hopefully just a bump on the road to full fitness.

Also, heal well @dangeourbrain. I’m sure I saw you outside your house on Millionaire’s Row on the Tuesday night race this week;)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw you outside your house on Millionaire’s Row on the Tuesday night race this week;)

Oh no, thems the cheap seats, the posh houses are on full with mill lane.

I don’t live on either 😂

sturdylad
    Free Member

Are TT bikes allowed?

savoyad

No!
    You need the draft @sturdylad. On a TT bike you would be working the whole time.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.