OK, we’re set.
The team is @slowpuncheur @drew @robbo1234biking @zilog6128 @haloric @dangeourbrain @stumpy01 @mrhoppy BUT YOU MUST SIGN UP PEOPLE!!! Pen A here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=UWdzR0NGbkxaeVlQSmhOMDI5OWp1dz09
(you require a wtrl account, and a zwiftpower account for this to whisk you away to the right sign in screen)
You must be in the pen (“join the event”) by 19:40. No late arrivals.
Our start delay is +4 mins, so off at 19:44:00. I explain this below.
– dress up as a bumblebee. @robbo1234biking also enforces yellow wheels (if you have them) and socks. Or not socks, I can’t remember.
– do NOT ride a TT bike. do NOT ride a mountain bike. Ride a road bike, you need the draft. If you are picky about your equipment, choose aero.
– comms will be on discord, in the TTT (STW) voice channel.
– the start procedure is a hack, because zwift doesn’t have the functionality to support TTT. When it says “go”, DO NOT GO. On the contrary, you must be COMPLETELY STOPPED at this point, zero watts. Do not roll forwards (this risks a false start penalty). And wait your allotted time – in our case this week, 4 minutes. After that delay – follow the countdown on discord (or, if you lose comms, your own sense of timing) – you can GO. There is no in-game info about your start delay, or when it elapses. The team have to manage this amongst themselves. The only place you can safely pedal during this 4 minute wait is the pairing screen (not the menu, not the garage, the pairing screen). Make sure you get back out in good time to start pedalling though.
– there’s a lot of TTT experience in this lineup, so if you are new to this don’t feel any pressure to lead the charge. settle in, conserve energy, add to the draft, learn the ropes.
I think that’s everything. Good luck. Have fun. Any questions, post in the thread and they tend to get answered pretty fast.
And thanks for listening @dangeourbrain