Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • chrischarles
    Free Member

@dangerourbrain I guessed as much as it’s nice and dry outside🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼‍♂️ Outdoors for me tonight with hopefully a TTT next week.

haloric
    Free Member

Was due out on the mtb tonight but got called off last minute..

I thought I’ll do one of the few remaining badges.

A few days ago I did Legends and Lava (via appletv), which showed on the UI with a distance countdown whilst I was watching a film on the laptop. Near the end I realised that I should be finishing at the top of the volcano, which never appeared, and despite doing the distance did not get the badge – I now remember it did a sneaky u-turn right at the start which I thought was just its special way, but now turns out to be a bug.

Tonight I did Climbers Gambit, checking the route was correct as we went. With about 4k of the final climb it did a u-turn on me again, and abandoned the route. (53 mins in, thanks).

Why am I telling you – I’ve got to bitch about it somewhere, and its not worth its own thread !.

Enjoy the evening off.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Any TTT tomorrow or are we on hold until end of summer ?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not for me Chris. I’ve got the dreaded lurgy, fortunately on the retreat but whilst a ride on the turbo would be very good if I’m up to it I’d struggle to keep up with a snail, let alone you lot.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Just wondering when the TTT Zwift rides will start again ?
    Chris

paino

Not sure about the others, but I cancel my Zwift in the summer months. Probably pick it up again in October.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Sounds a good plan Paino. See you in October!

robbo1234biking

Is anyone interested in joining in a TTT on Thursday? There have been a few changes so you can now ride TT bikes (with draft effect) and you go of from the launch pad conveyor belt type thing used for indivudal TTs so no more stopwatch starts. Temperatures have dropped a bit by then as well.

@slowpuncheur
    @dangeourbrain @chrischarles @haloric @phil56 @scaredypants @giggsmaster @savoyad @sturdylad @paul-s @yanboss

phil56

I’d be interested

haloric
    Free Member

I’m on an outdoorsy ride on thurs, but if that fails then yes, but I won’t know that until probably the same afternoon when they inevitably bail !, so not much use.

Yes, the TT changes at least look positive, would like to see some other changes.

ZRL starting soon too, not got a team for that yet, been postponing a decision.

scaredypants

getting over COVID here – not that I’m really ill but today’s commute was my 1st bike ride(s) in nearly a month

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’d be up for trying it again

chrischarles
    Free Member

I would love to have a go. I may be away with family and should know definitely by Tuesday. Please put me on list if space. What time does it kick off?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll not be about until next month with one thing and another but up for getting back to it then

retrorick

I’m going to stick another bike on my trainer and hopefully rejoin in October. 👍

robbo1234biking

Sounds like we have the making of a team then!

It will be Zone 15 so setting of some time after 19:30. At least that is the time we always used to choose.

robbo1234biking

OK so we have the rough makings on a team. If we dont have 4 confirmed by 9pm Wednesday then I will call it and we can try again next week (so people can make alternative plans).

In There didnt seem to be any caveats to the below:
    robbo

@phil56

@sturdylad

Maybe

@chrischarles

@haloric

@scaredypants
    (give it a go if you want – there arent any expectations on pace etc)

@slowpuncheur
    ?

@stumpy01
    ?

If it helps make up your mind the course is 2 laps of the Flatland Loop in Makuri so relatively short and little climbing.

“Flatland Loop” Route Details (Makuri Islands)

TT bikes are allowed and would likely suit this course quite well.

https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/QzVnczlHS1RPZm0vSHUzU0RIdk1wUT09

sturdylad
    Free Member

Apologies I didn’t realise it was this Thursday, I’m still on holiday and Zwift account suspended!

stumpy01

sturdylad

Apologies I didn’t realise it was this Thursday, I’m still on holiday and Zwift account suspended!

@robbo1234biking
    – looks like its one out & one in then.
    I can make Thursday evening, but looking a bit doubtful now as still at only 3 people (you, Phil & me)?
    I’ll need to dig out what needs to be done (is it just click on that link?) & probably reset some passwords (WTRL & Discord) as I’ve not used them for ages.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Count me in for this Thursday TTT Robbo. Looking forward to using TT bikes and working as a team again👍🏻

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yeah. I’ll join. Forecast rain up here. I won’t be dropping any wattage bombs😄

scaredypants

Ahm definitely oot, but thanks for the offer all the same
    My first full-gasser* is likely to be second week in Sept – cross race, so I’m gradually working up to that

*I was within 30 places of a podium last year so I can only imagine MASSIVE things for me this time round

robbo1234biking

That’s 5 of us then. I don’t think anyone is going to be on form although we will likely sneak into a lower category. Just use it as an event to get some fitness back and have fun!

robbo1234biking

Looks like we are good for tomorrow with 5 people.

Does everyone still have the discord link for comms? Unless you chose to leave the group you should still be on there.

haloric
    Free Member

Deffo out – took a OTB tumble on the CX bike and a brake hood to the groin (note to self, dusty=less grip) . Light duties for a few days.

Enjoy the new TT bikes,

robbo1234biking

OK so the team for tonight is:

@phil56
    (road captain – assuming you don’t mind resuming duties)

@chrischarles

@stumpy01

@slowpuncheur

and myself

The best bike for this evening will be a TT bike with fast wheels. There is no need for a countdown or stopwatch anymore. We will use the launchpad which will set you off at 20mph but you will need to be spinning as the countdown reaches zero. The TT bikes will have draft and working in a line is more efficient than being in a blob now so dont worry if we are a little stretched out. Dont let the gap get more than 2m though.

We will use the TTT (STW) Voice Channel on discord. Hopefully everyone is still in the STW discord group.

Our start time is 19:32. The countdown on your computer will count down to this start time not the event start time. There is no need to join the pen miles in advance anymore which leave you free to do your warmup. You are also welcome to warm up in the pen without using the pairing screen as this issue has been removed.

It is prob going to be a bit scrappy as no one has ridden one for a while. Don’t forget your bumblebee kit!

Article here on the changes:

WTRL+Zwift Roll Out TTT Experience Upgrades

chrischarles
    Free Member

thanks for the update and arranging @robbo1234biking looking forward to riding with everyone again and the new format. I promise to try and hang on !

v7fmp

whilst tempted a few times when you boys were doing it previously, i never got involved.

but i am TTT curious! I am sure its all explained in here somewhere, but can i have a brief explanation of how it works. I see a mention of discord chat, how does that work?

If its easier just to link me to a page than type it all out, thats cool.

my zwift membership is currently on pause/cancelled, but happy to re-start it earlier than planned.

stumpy01

Rob – I am back on Discord – had to log-in after a password reset but all good.
    I suspect I will be the group yo-yo & apologise in advance. I’ll try to keep position, but my power in Zwift always seem to lag actual power by several seconds which can make it hard to judge efforts (or perhaps I’m just not very good at it).

I think I’ve got a better TT bike in my Zwift garage than the standard one.

@v7fmp

For the TTT, I think you need to:
    – be signed up to WTRL who run the races
    – be signed up to zwiftpower, which I imagine you are
    – be signed up to discord, which is used to communicate during the race (basically Phil shouting at everyone else ;o) )

It sounds a bit faffy, but is actually very easy to get sorted.
    I did a few last time around, but found they killed me for my 6:45am Fri morning workouts. We’ll see how it goes this time around.

v7fmp

@stumpy01 – good stuff. I have discord already, so i assume i just need to log into a certain channel? Also guessing you can have music playing as other will hear it or i wont hear the orders being shouted?

All signed up to zwift power.

will take a look at the WTRL site and try sign up.

What happens during the races? basically flat out with everyone taking a turn at the front?

stumpy01

Yeah, there are 2 discord channels TTT (STW) and something like TTT (more STW) for when there are two teams.

I think we all set Discord to push-to-talk so we don’t all just hear heavy breathing and gasping.
    Not sure about music. I think I had it turned off as I use my Bluetooth speaker via my phone and wasn’t sure how discord would interact with that.

With wtrl, once you are signed up you can follow the link Rob stuck on earlier to join the team (I think that’s all you need to do).
    During the race, Phil tries to shepherd us into a cohesive unit and people take their turn on the front via discord.

robbo1234biking

I can play music on my phone and discord comes over the top but depending on what devices you are using it can be awkward.

Other than that just give it a go. We aim to start together and finish together so if someone is struggling we aim to help them finish rather than worry about finishing as fast as possible. There might be occasions where someone is completely gone and we will make the decision to carry on but the general ethos is to work together.

You thinking of riding tonight? more than welcome. Zwift has the free 25km trial but it used to be once you had started a ride it wouldnt kick you out until you had finished that ride so in theory you could do it without signing up to Zwift for this week. Dont know if that still exists though!

savoyad

@v7fmp if you are TTT curious, just give it a go! And it just got a lot less complicated, starting today. The start used to be a hack, but now it’s an actual event mode in zwift.

STW discord server is here: https://discord.gg/CHbYwYe6 it’ll be the TTT voice channel on the left.
    You need a WTRL account here: https://www.wtrl.racing/registration/ for the entry links to function / the race system to know you.

v7fmp

good stuff.

i cant make tonight, but will put everything in place so i am ready to go as and when.

cheers chaps

v7fmp

Bugger! i think i have accidently signed myself up to the TT tonight, but i cant make it…. how do i remove myself :facepalm:

Edit: its ok, i worked it out. Apologies!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hey @v7fmp hope you can join us this evening. It’s the first one for ages so getting around as a group is the only target (it is most weeks to be honest). Having raced against you on the race series I know you’ll be totally fine.

Edit: Doh!!

chrischarles
    Free Member

Great to be back on the TTT again. Thanks all for dragging me along the last 6k 👏👏
    Looking forward to next week.

stumpy01

It was a good ride!
    Still really struggle with power lag on the turbo trainer. I struggle to hold position as I’m either taking off the back or surging through the front
    Need to investigate if there’s any settings I can change or whether it’s just a technique thing.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Didn’t get an email notification for the mention on the thread, have to check out my settings.

I’ll be up for the TT in the coming months, just need to set the garage back up for purpose.

Hoping to jump on the cross season bandwagon to get fitness in the right direction ready for the Tuesday race series.

robbo1234biking

So this week is 3 laps of Hilly Route Reverse. I cant make this Thursday but thought we could see what interest there is so if you would like to ride then declare yourself in on this thread. Final decision will be made on Wednesday evening.

The improvements last week were really good. My only complaint was the start all felt a bit muted with no one counting down so we kind of just rolled out of the gate and it didn’t have the same intensity etc. We soon got back into the swing of things and stayed together well as a group.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.