Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks unlikely I’ll be about this week as I’m now due in Surrey Thursday.

savoyad

Argh, that’s a shame.

Any takers to ride the world championships?

1 lap of Greatest London Loop, 7.40 on Thurs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Argh, that’s a shame.

Oh you know Guildford then?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Ive got the Rona this week! to be honest dont feel that bad but Lungs a little tight so a hard TTT probably not the best thing to do!

yanboss

I’m in if kiddy bed time goes well

robbo1234biking

I’m going to pull out. Doesn’t look like we will get a team in any case and I am on a training course that didn’t finish until late yesterday and assuming the same today.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Looks like low numbers for tonight . I’m still wrestling the end of a cold so happy to skip to next Thursday? Looks like a fun course and would love to ride it as a ttt sometime.

savoyad

It’s @Phil56 and a blob of maybes.

It might work out. Any confirmations or new interest?

Just in case..

Time delay is 8.5 mins (in by 19:43 off at 19:51:30)
    Racepass: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=SkM3aFYyeVdnSUlNTEg4YjR4d3owdz09

phil56

I’ve entered in case anyone else turns up!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry guys. Dad’s taxi service is required.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’ve signed on, I’m hoping to get finished at work at home by 1900, so we will see, I’ll let you guys know later.

savoyad

There are three of you on the start sheet: @phil56, @giggsmaster, @yanboss.

You might think that’s not enough. @chrischarles did you decide against?

Anyone else fancy a ride (in the TTT World Championships) at 7.40 this evening?

chrischarles
    Free Member

Sadly I’m out guys as still fighting this pesky cold. Sorry to let you down . See you next Thursday

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’m home @phil56 @yanboss, are we going for it or are we calling it off for this week?

If we go for it, remember, I’ll be prob hanging off the back for the majority of the ride, so no help from me on the front.

phil56

I’m in the pen!!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Sorry Phil, it got a bit too late to get changed and run into the garage. It wouldn’t have gave me a good warm up.

Hopefully, we have everyone back for next week. I don’t think it would have been much fun for you dragging me round on your own anyway!

yanboss

What’s this warm up thing? I assume you mean the mad sprint to the garage trying not to drop the laptop 1 minute before the start.

Thanks for the pace setting @phil56. Proper threshold session for me up that hill.

savoyad

Ha, amazing that you rode as a pair! 2nd overall in the (unofficial) 2-up worlds! (And genuinely a fast time for the pair of you)

Hopefully we can get lots more riders out next week…

phil56

Well done @yanboss, thanks for joining me – that was way more fun than an ITT would have been! Enjoyed catching that team at the top of the climb!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Well done guys, sounds like an epic blast!

yanboss

Thanks for the organisation @savoyad Where are the results? Can’t seem to find anything useful on the WTRL website.

savoyad

Results are here @yanboss https://www.wtrl.racing/ttt/TTT-Results-beta/
    (You were really DNQ (didn’t qualify for any category, 2 riders isn’t enough). But there were a few teams out there making the best of it like that…)

savoyad
    scaredypants

I’m in – bit of a shambles currently, fitness-wise so I need the work but I might not make the full trip if I have to throw up!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I imagine I’m going to regret saying yes, first PT session in a very long time tonight and I think it’s likely they will hurt me. Lots.

savoyad

A team is forming. Still spaces, speak up..

Racepass https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=VCtxSjJ6NzZIdEczUE1RVTJ5Ymk4QT09

Time delay is 6 mins. In the pen by 19.41 and off at 19.47
    (Nb earlier pen time than usual…)

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’m out.

Unable to walk more than 5 paces, so the wife has told me no biking this week!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That doesn’t sound good, what did you do?

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Don’t know really. May have overdone it in gym on Saturday.

Painful lower back, have to get the wife to put my socks on (on me, of course!) and tie my laces!

I were off work on Monday, but stupidly went back yesterday and today, I think I’ve made it worse by sitting in van for 3 hours drive a day.

Staying off tomorrow and Friday, so fingers crossed.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’d love to say I’ll be there but haven’t been home from work before 7 this week.
    The joys of a business transfer right in the middle of the busiest time of year…

I could really do with the exercise too.

Have a good ride all.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s rare i, or indeed any sane person, will say this @giggsmaster but, your wife is right. Listen to your wife.

savoyad

I love the idea that you might ask your wife to dress you…and then climb on to the bike for a TTT and it’s rare i, or indeed any sane person, will say this @giggsmaster but, @dangeourbrain is right. Listen to @dangeourbrain.

the rest of you…it’s looking good.

We have 7 yes (one conditionally), and 1 maybe
    Yes: @yanboss (subject to the cooperation of children), @phil56, @scaredypants, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @dangeourbrain, @chrischarles
    Maybe: @paino
    Most of you have clicked the link: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=VCtxSjJ6NzZIdEczUE1RVTJ5Ymk4QT09

Plus @sturdylad threatening to get home in time, and @paul-s is prone to appearing out of nowhere. We should get 8 at the start today I think.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I love the idea that you might ask your wife to dress you…and then climb on to the bike for a TTT

I’ve never met giggsmaster or his wife but the idea of anyone being levered into a skin suit isn’t an idea I could ever love.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’m sure the wife would be drawing the line somewhere.

I think my dignity has gone out of the window this week and I think I may have had my 1st insight into growing old!

paino

In. Entered. See you in the pen.

scaredypants

Thanks for towing me round, all – very kind.

My knee is doing OK now I’ve had some beer & ibuprofen (and stopped riding, obvz).  How’s everybody else’s excuse ? 😷

robbo1234biking

You went well tonight scaredypants. In fact everyone seemed to be going well and we made some good overtakes. I think they last one just threw out our rhythm because of the additional rider who was in our shirt!

Thanks everyone enjoyed it!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thanks for this evening folks. Hard work as ever, finally starting to feel like I’m getting back to where I should be slowly but surely!

savoyad

Just seen 8 of you got round as a smooth unit. Awesome.

The sheet is clear for next week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

3 laps of the flat route in Watopia on Thursday at 7.40

paino

Looking good for Thursday…just me?

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.