• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,481 through 3,520 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I was thinking on this and was considering putting Yorkshire Pump room 8 forward as an option, but 2 laps as one wouldn’t be long enough for a Sunday Hills. 2 laps would be around 50km with a good mix of flat and some sharp hills, nothing too bad.

I’m easy if someone wants to tick off a badge, I’ve only got the 3 worst ones to do, we have the Mega pretzel coming up next weekend so we may not want to do something too stupid this week.

I’m ok with Surrey hills as well, as I think a few still need that one, I can always drop out if needed as I may not be able to do the full thing due to time.

Anyone want to create an event and send out invites, just in case I need to bail early?

mrhoppy

My plan is to try and do 2 1000m+ rides this weekend, I need to tick off Achterbahn so that was one and other than that I don’t have much on my list to tick off.

I’ve not done Surrey Hills for a while and it should be fairly quick so might not be too bad.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure I’ve got a big one in me [oooo errrrr] this weekend so going to do muir and the mountain for a quick run out on Saturday morning if anyone fancies joining me for an hour or so about 8 or 8.30 I guess.

savoyad

Ooh I might well fancy that @dangeourbrain. Include me in the invite and I’ll do my best to join you.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure you’re following me @savoyad, I can’t see you in my list

robbo1234biking

Sounds good to me. I can prob do two shorter ones on Sat and Sun. Not like we are doing much! My son does want to try and complete Star Wars Lego on the PS4 this weekend but think we have time for that!

Nick

I’ll try to join on Saturday – I have a lot on so if I want a longer ride I need to get up earlier, if I want more sleep then an hour at 8 would work

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll dispense mass invites for Saturday then, I ‘d not expected [m]any bites to be honest!

robbo1234biking

What was the decision for a Sunday Route?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

What was the decision for a Sunday Route?

I’m sure I recall seeing mega pretzel, coffee stop, Uber Pretzel mentioned. Something like that anyway.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Mega is next wkend I believe.

Ive set up Surrey hills for Sunday at 8.02am, some had requested it for a badge hunt.
    I may not be able to stay for the full distance but will do as long as I can.

If I’ve missed anyone and you want to join…shout!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Next week? Ah, drat, that means I’m around for the mega and I really didn’t want to be.

I’ll rsvp yes for Sunday but I’ll be honest I’m doubtful I’ll be along. Very much planning a hangover and a lie in on Sunday. Means I’ll likely be hungover and awake at 6am mind so you might see me.

oopnorth
    Free Member

You could always do like me and bail early if needed, plus I set the start time especially for you Brian, to avoid the crowds 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You could always do like me and bail early if needed,

Not sure bailing early solves either the hangover or the lie in 😉

plus I set the start time especially for you Brian, to avoid the crowds 😉

I saw that and actually wondered if I’d sent myself an invite somehow

weeksy

All a bit early for me…

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks @oopnorth. I’ve responded and look forward to the autumnal beauty of the surrey countryside.

@dangeourbrain
    Can you ping me an invite for Saturday please? I’m 50/50 at present. My condition on Saturday morning may well depend on who does the weekly shop later and therefore whether I get too excited in the supermarket’s booze aisle.

oopnorth
    Free Member

All a bit early for me…

Weeksy, your window of opportunity seems to be getting ever smaller 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@slowpuncheur are you following me? Everyone I can invite has a green tick…

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yeah. Ignore me, I’m being daft. Already had the invite! Doh.

weeksy

Weeksy, your window of opportunity seems to be getting ever smaller

Not really. I’ll ride all weekend, but i’m not getting on the bike at 7:30am to ride. Unlike most, i can ride all day at weekend without any problems, i could do 8 hours, whereas most seem to like to get things done so they’ve got the day free.. With lockdown, the ‘free’ isn’t important, it’s not like we’re going anywhehre or doing anything. So i don’t need to start at dawn 🙂

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

But it’s the best part of the day @Weeksy. Cold, dark and wet outside:) For me, the broadband is better first thing with a teen and pre-teen still in bed. I also quite enjoy a mid-afternoon 40 winks at the weekend these days. Feels very European/like I’m getting old *delete as appropriate*

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

With lockdown, the ‘free’ isn’t important, it’s not like we’re going anywhehre or doing anything. So i don’t need to start at dawn 🙂

I take issue with this. I need to get t he zwifting done early so I’ve got all day to go out on my bike, I can’t very well zwift and ride at the same time can I?

I also quite enjoy a mid-afternoon 40 winks at the weekend these days. Feels very European/like I’m getting old *delete as appropriate*

Ah the senioresta.

forge197
    Free Member

I am not zwifting this weekend I have 3 stages of the Tour of Africa to finish tomorrow as been away thinks it’s about 65 miles and 6000ft of climbing over three rides….. and I’d like to do a run Sunday. I’ll be up for a Zwift ride next weekend though 🙂

robbo1234biking

Next Saturday is pencilled in for the Mega @forge197.

Thinking I will do the Uber between Xmas and New Year as there wont be as much visting of family (if any) this year.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thinking I will do the Uber between Xmas and New Year as there wont be as much visting of family (if any) this year.

Exactly, you’d not want to waste the opportunity to do something hateful out of nothing more than a sense of obligation and the pavlovian need to feel miserable for hours on end between Christmas and New year.

forge197
    Free Member

Next Saturday is pencilled in for the Mega @forge197.

Yes I will do a bulk invite over the weekend for the Uber next weekend, I’ll not be offended it no one else wants to do it 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

I have a sent out an invite for The Uber next week, if you want to do it and haven’t had an invite you’ll need to follow us and I’ll add you to the meetup list “P D [STW]”

robbo1234biking

Cheers all for this morning. Useful for me to calibrate the handicaps for last race of the season. 1min30 off my epic KOM best but didn’t break the 27min barrier – will leave that for the race!

Not sure on Uber forge – might stick to the Mega!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah I’m also only up for the mega…uber would be too much for me right now.

It was supposed to be the mega next week isn’t it? Or am I confused…?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Uber? Woah there! I can do the Mega next week and Uber around Christmas sounds ‘fun’.

Sorry I slipped off the front this morning. So apparently u can’t use A when descending. Rolled around to the finish but couldn’t see u guys or see messages. See u tomorrow

robbo1234biking

I think forge is doing an alternative to the mega. I still plan on the mega. Is 7.32 ok for start?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Good for me. We’ll need the extra 30 mins!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Don’t worry about rolling off the front these things happen. You just have to get the beers in since you’re first to finish.

Was a good turnout this morning folks. Thanks for coming. I did repack ridge for the first time afterwards. That was different!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Paul the A button only works on flat or up…if you use it when going down it will wait until you stop descending. I found that out in race series 1 when I tried to change to the MTB on the descent into the jungle…it cost me 10 seconds.

Yeah I’ll have a go at the mega next week as well…will be taking it easy though.

savoyad

Great ride this morning, thanks all.
    I really like the epic KOM (although I’m not much looking forward to seeing it at race intensity). The tower is never much fun. Slow motion cycling.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I think when I know the tower is coming, I always hold back…to keep something in the tank.
    Today I just seemed to be going backwards…

Was a good ride and good fun racing on the downhill off the epic. I think that is when my weight becomes an asset 🤣🤣

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Somehow I think I’m getting fitter, then I ride with you guys and reality hits big time…. 😢😀

robbo1234biking

You had a good race on Tuesday giggsmaster.

I know there isn’t going to be an easy answer to this but can you see your personal bests on Zwift segments? I know zp shows them but assuming that is only for races that are registered in Zwift power.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I have to say I looked at the list of riders the morning and thought it’d be quick. Was a faster than normal start for us @giggsmaster so don’t worry about it. There were some impressive times up the KOM.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Weekend rides are all about taking your own pace giggs, there’s always someone at the back and we do try make sure no one is left soloing unless they want to be.

Also don’t worry about not being “fit” compared with everyone else. You (I hope) do this for your own enjoyment* and benefit if you feel like you’re getting fitter and quicker that’s a win, regardless of not being able to keep up with DrP and the magic power meters.

*things like the Pretzel aside, obviously no one enjoys that.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,481 through 3,520 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.