• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,841 through 2,880 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And it starts. It’s a nice weekend and Zwift riding isn’t that fun so we should do something else and I can ride in the evening. so I get to spend the day doing something and then start a 2hr ride at 8pm, no doubt to be complained at for being anti social in the evenings. Yay!

Just do one of the 4am starts or something 👺

weeksy

What’s the weekend socials then fellas?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Robbo Craig and I are putting a brief hour on this morning, I think they may be planning something for tomorrow too but I’m not sure on that as I’m taking advantage of the weather.

robbo1234biking

Sent you an invite for Sunday weeksy. We are riding the road to ruins but at a sedate pace for a bit of route recon. If anyone else wants an invite let me know!

kirky72
    Free Member

Could you send me an invite please, I’ll try to make it for recce if my Legs are okay after today’s mtb ride.

weeksy

Yeah I’ll play tomorrow fellas

mossimus
    Free Member

What time are you riding Road to Ruins?

forge197
    Free Member

I did road to ruins last week not a bad route, send me an invite not sure what I am doing tomorrow may tag along.

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks for sending through invite 👍

oopnorth
    Free Member

Discussing with Robbo about doing a jungle experiment on tomorrow’s ride. When we hit the dirt everyone crack on and I’ll try do a change to MTB as quick as I can then try catch up and see if I can put some distance into the group before I have to change at the end of the lap.

Should give us an idea if it’s worth it or not for Tuesday…

Rest of ride will be a chilled one as Robbo said.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Start is at 8am

robbo1234biking

This is more for the benefit of @oop north and @dangeourbrain but other might find it useful as well. This is how I run it with TrainerRoad controlling the trainer and therefore workout over ant+, Zwift just takes the feeds as dumb data and controls the speed of the avatar as you go along and gives visual entertainment. I dont like the way that Zwift controls erg mode and the zwift workouts dont have enough rest intervals in and there is no progresson if you follow a training plan. In erg mode it works best in the little ring in the front as cadence changes dont cause big speed differences at the flyhweel which the trainer has to react to which is when you get the yoyo effect.

This is the actual workout that I did which is the last in this stage of my training plan. Got a recovery week next week (not counting the race and TTT!). My training plan goes out all the way to the middle of next year and getting ready for Mountain Mayhem and Jennride.

See you in the morning! If anyone wants an invite post on here or message me! Cheers

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My training plan goes out all the way to the middle of next year and getting ready for Mountain Mayhem and Jennride.

Daft question but is MM already on sale/sold out? Always fancied giving that a bash

robbo1234biking

We had an entry for this year and I think we had the choice of carrying it over so it might be difficult to get on next year as I expect a lot of people will just carry it over (if it goes ahead).

phil56

@robbo1234biking – could you send me an invite for tomorrow morning please? Not a definite, but should be able to join

tpbiker
    Free Member

I might join in tomorrow, albeit with a mild hangover if allowed. Assume the pace won’t be remotely high?

weeksy

Sub 3 on climb is assured for me.

robbo1234biking

Sub 3 minutes?! That’s going some 😉

oopnorth
    Free Member

Hangover is mandatory on sunday rides! I’m starting preparing mine now 🤣🤣

Nick

Could I have an invite for the morning please, had my hangover this morning and cleared it with a simple ride over the Long Mynd, would be nice to get an early ride tomorrow before I need to do something called “jobs”.

robbo1234biking

Invite sent Nick.

I only have 2 beers in at the moment. No chance of a hangover unless I break into the wife’s stockpile of Buck’s Fizz for Xmas! Forget hoarding toilet rolls – apparently Buck’s Fizz is where it’s at!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Haha I didn’t kn8w people still had bucks fizz…do you have any Advocaat or babysham??? 🤣🤣🤣

robbo1234biking

Nope fraid not! Have got some vodka that I normally use for cleaning my brake discs!

It’s the only alcoholic drink she drinks actually. It is a family tradition with croissants for breakfast on Xmas morning!

weeksy

Hmmmm went in, invite didnt work. trying again

weeksy

And that highlights why I’m training longer rides at the moment. At 25 mins I start finding things hard!!!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Was interesting that, definitely a gap can be gained if you can change bikes fast, but as I said you need to keep the power down to benefit, first half of jungle was fast, last part was not as beneficial.

I’m not sure how much the rest of you were pushing to give a true result but to see time gaps with Forge etc means that it may gain me to reach another group if I’m split on the hill before the jungle.

Its going to be tough to keep the speed throughout the race, any advantage could be lost on the latter stages with the shorter punchy climbs. You need to be in a group and hold on!

weeksy

I can’t see my lapping any quicker than today’s efforts

robbo1234biking

Is the boardman big enough for you weeksy? I have a 53cm boardman and I am 5,9. I though you were 6ft plus?

I won’t be changing bikes but look like it might beneficial if you are already on your own at that stage.

weeksy

Good question Robbo. I’m 5’11-6. So maybe, not sure.

robbo1234biking

https://www.merlincycles.com/blog/buyers-guide-to-choosing-the-correct-size-road-bike/

This is more of a generic guide. Might be ok if it just for the turbo though.

Also I am pretty sure you declared your height for the race series as 4ft to account for the drag?!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 on a 56cm. It may be alright depending on the geometry. Some frames feel stretched for me, some don’t.

weeksy

Yeah my other road ones have been 56. That’s the only reason I’ve not pressed the button.

forge197
    Free Member

Good ride, @oop north I’ve was a bit off normal pace as I had to save some legs for another 5 miles riding and a 5k run and generally being knackered 😂.

That said definitely seemed a quicker on the MTB through the Jungle no way I was catching today. Be good to do again on fresher legs.

Probably can’t make another ride till October 😳

oopnorth
    Free Member

Right following my post on the other thread, who is up for a Sunday hills ride this weekend? DrP has requested a 7-30am start, so any requests for a route? Weeksy…no totally flat ones allowed.

We need a mix…how long? We could do a Watopia pretzel but it’s a biggy?? Or something like Big foot hills for nothing too huge. Or we could go stupid with a Ventoux or Alpe…
    Also London hills to consider.

Any routes anyone wants to tick off? I just have the stupidly long ones in Watopia now.

Once I know I’ll put out an invite.

DrP

I gotta be out the house at nine ish…. so I can only really stick about for 75 minutes….
    How long are your hills normally?

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Can be anything from 1 hour to 2 hours, usually around that timescale. We usually work around everyone’s restrictions or people jump out when needed if running out of time.

mossimus
    Free Member

Depending on Saturday beer consumption I could be in for a couple of hours at 7:30. What’s the planned pace?

oopnorth
    Free Member

Chilled, nothing like a Tuesday! We usually sit around 200w, unless we get on the France routes and all hell breaks loose! 😉

Mossimus, are you following me so I can send an invite once I arrange it?

mossimus
    Free Member

Yes following you. S copping on Zwift.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,841 through 2,880 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.