• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m good for 8am or 8-30am, so no issue for me. Probably better to be earlier though.

DrP

I’d like to join…but got the kids this weekend and not seen them in half term, so will opt to play with them rather than you lot!!

Enjoy!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll send an invite tiger – what’s your zwift id?

(I’m guessing magneto?)

IvanDobski
    Free Member

So it sounds like zwift meet-ups will now have a results sheet at the end following the latest updates – should make life a bit easier for any race events we do.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I believe chat / messages will also be for those involved in the meetup, no more random messages being picked up when you are near other groups.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

no more random messages being picked up when you are near other groups

That’s a shame, they’re usually the most interesting messages. 😉

Tiger6791

Yep

Magnetodog

forge197
    Free Member

I won’t be riding this Sunday will be tomorrow, hope to hit 500 miles for the month, well I’ve only got 17 to do so I should do, but Sunday I need a rest as tomorrow will be my 10 consecutive day of either running or cycling!

Have a good ride, and hope to join one next week.

piemonster

I’m skipping this one, already too warm in the bike room.

The towels would need towels.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Slept in and missed the start…damn.
    Shame you can’t join meetups once they’ve started.

Hope it’s a good one and not too hot!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that was a lot harder in practice than on paper, though I feel markedly better for a bowl of porridge with way more golden syrup than is sensible.

oopnorth
    Free Member

It’s a fair effort isn’t it? No big hills but they are short sharp efforts so you always end up trying to beat your PB.

robbo1234biking

Yeh that was a good way to start a Sunday in a strange way! Tuesday social anyone?

Tiger6791

Wierdly enjoyable. Feeling tired now

DrP

I’d be up for Tuesday..1830….

DrP

forge197
    Free Member

What time would a Tuesday Social be?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Tuesday social sounds good.

weeksy

Want me to set up?

Edit, done

robbo1234biking

Good work weeksy. Haven’t done a sprint social for a while now.

weeksy

I’m hoping to be ok. Had a monster high side out riding today when chasing a kom, got a rut wrong and ended up over the bars and have a dead leg along with cuts and bruises lol

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oooof. Hope its nowt bad.

I’ve had a few oh-bugg-oh-i’m-still-upright moments with rutts the last week or two.

Not sure how much is me being very rusty and how much is the very hard ground being much more edgy than normal

weeksy

Nah, worst bit is the dead leg, I think I landed on my phone.
    It was daft really as I’d arguably slowed too much in the 5s before to get the Kom as I was in the wrong rut, but thought I’d try still, front went up the ridge but back wheel span in the ridge and spat me off, silly mistake really. Hey ho

scaredypants

thanks for the invitation weeksy – I do still intend to join some of these but working ’til late this Tuesday so ALL my watts will have to remain unleashed

robbo1234biking

@dangeourbrain – did you try the elastic band and do a workout on this mornings commute?

Looking forward to tomoz night all!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ah I didn’t this morning robbo, tbh I clean forgot about it by 7am (or because!)

I did take a look though and finding a workout which doesn’t need more time than I tend to have in one session seems rather difficult and I don’t fancy trying to do actual training at 6am so I can be done in time for work.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I could have done with an elastic band on the sprints, my legs were not working this morning, a combination of too many hills recently and the heat in the pain cave.

@dangeourbrain
    not sure if I’ll be on tomorrows commute club, I’m considering a longer distance ride as I won’t be riding Wednesday this week, so trying to make up for a missed day, plus I thought there wouldn’t be a ride tomorrow with the evening meetup taking place.

Lets see how I feel in the morning, I might need a short ride.

robbo1234biking

Do you want to try sticking it on tomorrow mornings meetup to see how is works? Saves you waiting for me on the hills hopefully!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I may well do that – to be honest tomorrow is a near perfect match distance:climbing for my normal commute so I absolutely expect I’ll just dawdle along in hr zone 1 like do on the real world

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

see how is works?

Bit of a look suggests you move at average group speed, so if you’re putting in 1w and someone else 100w you’ll move at the pace derived from 50W.
    If there’s just the two of us signed up by the time I get up tomorrow I’ll switch it on and see how it works out.

neilarn2

Cheers for the invite all good hopefully will try and keep up this time!

take it it’s the bees kit?

weeksy

Shouldn’t matter now but I do like it when everyone is in same kit I must admit.

Bad news from my side is that I ain’t riding. I’ll sort the meet up but riding is a no.

Have a proper dead leg, my arms are aching and I think I’ve got whiplash too. So I’m taking some days off in afraid. But you lads know the route, know the sprint points etc. You’ll have to play without me

neilarn2

Bees it is then, shame you can’t ride, better to play safe than cause further damage.

stumpy01

Not sure if I’ll make tomorrow or not…I struggle with the sprints and the weather is very warm for sitting in the garage…exercise seems to have taken a bit of a backseat for the last couple of weeks…dunno why, really.

I’m in. I’ll bring my weak little legs out for a sprint, just to see Pees piss past me like I’m standing still again!

Edit, and I hope you feel better soon Weeksy. Thanks for putting this together again, these rides have helped to keep me more sane than not through this shit.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you’re still a bit sore weeksy. Hope it’s nowt more than a bit of a bump and tiredness

Garry_Lager

Thks for organising Weeksy and hope you recover quickly.

I’ll be on it but can’t get too involved in the sprints, trying to recharge the cannons 🙂 Maybe a gentle loosener early doors but no more.

Did a steady C gp ride on London this evening and the ride leader did a sub ten sprint which was good going. He was chatting about it and clearly knew the game, but even with a lot of draft or a powerup that seems like a good benchmark to hit.

mrhoppy

Looks like I’m not going to be able to make tonight, I’ve been given jobs to do once I’ve finished work.

phil56

I’m planning on joining still – thanks for setting up Weeksy and hopefully heal soon!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

sub ten sprint which was good going. He was chatting about it and clearly knew the game, but even with a lot of draft or a powerup that seems like a good benchmark to hit.

Jeeebus. 200m in 10 seconds, 20m/s. That’s 72kph. On the flat, In a “cat C.” That’s about 1500W with draft and power-ups if not more, solid for 10s (it’s closing on 2000w according to bikecalculator.com based on a 45kg rider).

That’s not a good benchmark, that’s superhuman, that’s Cav’s best 5 second average…

Garry_Lager

Reckon it’s very doable in the game for anyone with a decent sprint (obv real life would be a different story) – the aero powerup and draft make a huge difference. Think I’ve done a 10.1 or a 2 before and that’s with my TT bike on the turbo which is awkward to throw down a sprint effort on.

I have sometimes put down max efforts through the group and not gone very fast, though – I’m not sure if sprinting through 100 bodies is a guaranteed mega-draft, or whether you need more of a trad lead out with everyone accelerating. If people are slowing down in the big group wouldn’t the zwift sticky draft then act to pull you back?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.