• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • weeksy

Weirdly for the first time in these events I had other riders on the list too, usually just see the greens. Not today though.

Alex

I see everyone but the meet-up group in green. It’s helpful and I’m starting to recognise the names. Also useful to look at the map and see where everyone is.

Normally that’s weeksy coming through the pack like a shark through a shoal of minnows 🙂

Poopscoop

I should be good for Wednesday.

Tonight was pretty hard for me. Needed a wheel a couple of times but once back in the group I was doing ok… Then there was the sprint to the line. Me being me I stopped sprinting about 100m early as I thought I’d passed the line then realised the big balloon loop was actually there but hadn’t popped up on screen yet. Anyway….got to the line and totally forgot I still had to carry on pedalling,I was beasted.Lol

Carried on riding but couldn’t catch the group up so carried on freeriding and finished 3 laps.

Managed 676 watts in the sprint which is good for me, averaged 220 watts and hit 181hr…

So basically it turned into a race…for me anyway… In which I think I came last.Lol 😆

Thanks weeksy and all, was a good laugh. Hard work but thoroughly enjoyed it!

Bedds
    Free Member

Can you add me please to the next one?

Poopscoop

Weeksy needs your Zwift name too mate, unless your stw name is the same of course? Sorry if I’m teaching you how to suck eggs!Lol

Nick

Great ride tonight thanks, span out at 130 rpm trying to keep up with your tempo pace 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

Sorry, good point Poopscoop, Ian Beddis on Zwift 🙂

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

So look what Zwift has planned for future updates. Currently at Beta..

Zwift Clubs

Could make it easier to ride as a group and potentially have races etc..

Poopscoop

Looks good that.👍

tomlevell

For those not getting messages check you’ve got them turned on in the settings. On the RHS in the Menu in game under the Garage.

Poopscoop

Has Weeksy sent out Wednesdays invites yet guys?😀

weeksy

Yes. It was sent about 10:15pm

swavis

Yep, I’m in for the next one. Sounds like last nights got a bit competitive 😆

weeksy

Yep, I’m in for the next one. Sounds like last nights got a bit competitive

A little in the latter stages yes.

I’m still debating the route for this next one, so don’t take it for granted it will be what’s shown. In order for us to keep the group together we need a flat course, that much is clear from the rides we’ve had up to now.
    But that then just means it’s a watt fest all ride and not really a challenge/thought in some ways ?

I thought we had London but we have New York due to timezones.

We could do something flat, something hilly, anything in between of course.

My first thought was NY 6 train, mostly flat course so will have some chance on the groups etc, but then i thought it may be chaos, so maybe spread it about a bit and put in some Watopia with hills, people group up who can and those who cannot like me, just do the best they can within their own limitations. With anything hilly though there will be splits and pockets of riders, of that there’s no doubt at all.

So… It’s down to you fellas to an extent. Flat, hilly, bit of both, really flat like out in the desert or really hilly even like the Alp.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

What about “Out & Back Again”?

Zwift Insider Route Details

Flat start to warm-up, bit of climbing in the middle section and you could set the competitive ones off at the 36km tunnel?

Bedds
    Free Member

Hills and flats would be good I reckon.. or a blast up Alpe d Zwift 😳

akira

I’ll eventually make one of these, I’ll keep an eye on this thread and beg an invite when I can.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

slowpuncheur
    So look what Zwift has planned for future updates. Currently at Beta..

Zwift Clubs

Could make it easier to ride as a group and potentially have races etc..

Posted 19 hours ago
    REPLY | REPORT

I’ve just accepted my invite to Club Jarvis, at the minute it looks like a zwift specific strava feed but presumably the functionality will expand quite quickly.

Poopscoop

Thanks weeksy, I’m up for tomorrow, cheers for invite.

I’ll be making sure I don’t get dropped this time… I hope. It was the sprint that did for me.Lol

You doing tempo again? I need to Google what that even means in biking terms.

Any other riders class themselves as mid D Cat riders? FTP around 239ish? We can try and help each other at the back. Keep these race snakes in sight.😁

EDIT: Kudos to who rode the mtb last night! Who was it btw?👍

eskay

Tempo is z3, so different for everyone (unless they have the same FTP as you).

Poopscoop – because zwift is based on w/kg someone could theoretically have FTP same as yours but be an A or B (if they were say 50kg)

alansd1980

Have just followed weeksy using companion and hope to join tomorrow if there us space?

Poopscoop

Good point eskay.👍 Thanks for clarifying Tempo. By that definition I think I was in tempo for most of the ride.Lol

I should add I’m spot on 100kg at the moment with the ftp of 239.

Poopscoop

alansd

Make sure weeksy knows you are a forumite. Let him know your zwift name too.

alansd1980

Sorry,

Alandunlopstw Hopefully should be able to hang onto the back tomorrow!

Poopscoop

^^ You and me both mate. Great fun though.😀

I’m going to be a bit less… “ambitious” if there is a sprint section this time.Lol

Alex

I’d just like to get my excuses in early. Did a Z2 ride and my legs are dead. That last 15 minutes ruined me!

13 days consecutive riding – 10 on Zwift, 3 outside. I think I’ll be hanging with the bunch tomorrow!

eskay

Watch @Alex destroy us all

Poopscoop

Alex

I think I’ll be hanging with the bunch tomorrow!

Then the red mist will descend…😁

weeksy

Right, due to wanting as much of a grouping as possible. We’re doing NY 6 train. So fairly flat.

Poopscoop

Sounds good bud.👍

Oh, did anyone see a rider come past at warp speed whilst we are on the wooden bridge yesterday??

Alex

Then the red mist will descend

But probably not the red blood cells 😉

eskay

Might have been someone joining a ride late, you get flung to the front group.

Poopscoop

^^Ah, cheers!

scaredypants

Cheers weeksy, I’m in for tomorrow

as a (bit of an) at risk individual who’s still working at a hospital I’m sticking to not riding hard and won’t be “tempoing” at 500W for the final 10 minutes with the rest of you !

NY – that’s road bikes then, right ?

weeksy

Yup, ride what you like.

Sworks or cervelo here

stumpy01

Not gonna make this one.
    Gotta drop car off for MOT (not had news that they are shut, although will check).
    Probably drive car over and then do a 10km run instead of riding.

Will be more than likely up for the next one though….

Poopscoop

Hope this is ok Weeksy?

I set up a Discord channel tonight as I can’t bloody sleep.

Worth giving it a go tonight if anyone wants? Discord lets you use voice chat if you so wish.

Here’s the link to join. Just install the app on your mobile/pc beforehand.

The link times out after 24 hours.

https://discord.gg/YYaQmJ

Not used Discord much before so not sure how well it will work. Setup on my phone at moment but can install on pc if better.

I will be listening on it but not talking much as the fans drown out my voice! I need a headset or such.

Just an experiment really guys. Feel free to try.👍

weeksy

Hope this is ok Weeksy?

YOU don’t need permission 🙂 I don’t own the ride, i just click the button.

DrP

Really looking forward to this!!!

Have stuck new cranks/rear/front mech on the Tripster as the old 105 wasn’t shifting so great, and realised the chainrings have 8.2k km in them!!!!!

Aaannd ..I’ve got a turbo specific tyre!

Catch you all tonight!

DrP

swdan
    Free Member

Right, have followed who I think is Weeksy on the companion app, my user name is Dan Scarfe.
    Don’t think I can make tonight but will keep an eye on this and will hopefully be able to make a future one

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.