Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • You come across a car parked like this what would you do?
  • sirromj

Note on the windscreen suggesting they retire the services of their current chauffeur?
    Written in a mixture of chicken semen worm blood and ox shit on horse bollock skin.

timber

@reluctantjumper close but so wrong. Strong rant.
    Hold ups are with planning authority and Welsh Assembly.
    Popularity has also gone through the roof, would need a multi-storey now for the busy days.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

^^ In all honesty,I think the op probably has more of a life than many on here, including me.😁

I doubt that very much.

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks guys for a very entertaining thread! I particularly liked the thought of someone going up there with a packet of frozen sausages and a hammer 😆

reluctantjumper

@timber – my info is directly from a friend in the NPA, they work in the office that authorises works but happy to be proven wrong. They say all the permits are issued and they just refuse to start the work.

Agree on how stupidly busy it is there these days though, so many different places to go within the park and avoid the crowds.

ElShalimo

Is the car still there?

tonyg2003

I’d look at it and think. “That’s not very well parked and ride on”. The same if it was a VW T5/6 etc that you see crappily parked sometimes.

martinhutch

Is the car still there?

I’m sure that the natural Lake District order has returned and the offending vehicle has been engulfed by a giant cairn with a tearoom attached to it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Agree on how stupidly busy it is there these days though, so many different places to go within the park and avoid the crowds.

That is the great thing about these honey spots. All the unimaginative people squeeze into a tiny space and leave vast open spaces for everyone else to enjoy (without them). It’s a small price to pay.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Please point to a part of the U.K. that’s a natural landscape.

Can’t.

Now ask the tarn hows Bentley driver to do the same.

Drac

Now ask the tarn hows Bentley driver to do the same.

I’m not sure the Bentley driver made such melodramatic claims as you.

jag61

Flash my headlights and wait to be asked to join in ?🤢💋💋

postierich
    Free Member

Scruff never cleaned it! had a good go always seems to be damp when I attempt usually at night avoiding the walkers. The bit at the top is the tricky bit!

Rich

timber

@reluctantjumper BBNPA have finally agreed planning on half the project (believe the toilets are outstanding still). However they are not the only stake holder involved and their slow approach has led to the passing of various opportunities to progress more quickly. 3 archaeological reports, because no NPA archaeologist would trust their predecessors report and staff retention is poor. 11 years since start of application, granted last Autumn from memory.

Welsh Assembly have been slow to action their part and late in the day found an early assumption to be wrong. NRW and Welsh Water have actions pending over the toilet block adding further limitations to work. So many intertwined issues, but none of the associated parties would act until planning was given. The only people quick to act were Trunk Roads who turned up early on and put the feeder lane in – which no one was expecting as it had barely been discussed.

If only it was as simple as punching a hole in a wall and putting down some rubble.

Edit to add, National Trust don’t own the lay-by but the woods and hill beyond the boundary walls and fences at the back of it. Storey Arms Centre enclosure is Cardiff Council.

reluctantjumper

That would fit in with my info then, BBNP have issued work permits but the other parties can’t start work due to other issues.

Either way it desperately needs sorting out before a death happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘You come across a car parked like this what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.