Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • You come across a car parked like this what would you do?
  • martinhutch

The owner might not have the fitness /ability to move it.

True, some of the Utd squad are looking a bit slack these days.

Drac

I’d have rode past probably not even noticed that another car had parked on that spot again. Maybe they were wild camping.

DezB
    Free Member

Rocks were obviously put there to stop people parking there

This. Do those saying “Well, other people have parked there” not think that the rocks were originally put there to stop entitled **** in the their cars churning the grass up??
    Just lately I’ve noticed **** in cars parking in spots all over the south downs – ON the SDW and on bridleways, one (a Skoda) was parked on the entrance to a BOAT that’s a blind turning off the road. Completely **** blocking the entrance. Pisses me off.
    But yeah other people do it so it’s fine.

rickmeister

I feel sorry for the Butler who will have to hoover mud from the deep pile beige carpets and scrub the Hunter wellies….

MoreCashThanDash

I don’t think anyone has said “others have done it so its ok”. Quite a lot of us have said that others have done it and it’s not just a Bentley thing.

Deciding not to get wound up by other people’s **** behaviour is often the only coping method we have left!

Drac

I don’t think anyone has said “others have done it so its ok”. Quite a lot of us have said that others have done it and it’s not just a Bentley thing.

Exactly. The answer is to put the stone back when the space is empty maybe a bigger one.

franksinatra

I don’t think you would have done anything of it was a knackered old Ford. You just have an issue with it being a very expensive car

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d get a car price sign from a Fiat Punto, stick it on the windscreen, then buy the Bentley and drive it home.

iamtheresurrection

I think it’s an uglier side of our society that people automatically assume people with money are bigger dicks than the rest of us.

Hard to comment without seeing the whole layout but if they hadn’t parked there, somebody else would have – looks well used.

It probably is insensitive parking, hard to tell for sure, but whoever rolled the rock back has a huge chip on their shoulder.

footflaps

I think it’s an uglier side of our society that people assume people with moneys are dicks.

A lot of them are though.

Although to be fair, our new breed of massively over paid footballers are treading a completley different path…

martinhutch

True, stone-roller should have checked to see if it was Marcus Rashford before acting. He has the Queen’s blessing to park wherever he wants.

chestrockwell

Exactly. The answer is to put the stone back when the space is empty maybe a bigger one.

Exactly this.

Parking in a space clearly used by others but also pretty obviously not meant for parking is ignorant. Specifically going out of your way to block them in (or put shit on the handles, mud on the window, etc) marks you out as an utter c**t.

I don’t think you would have done anything of it was a knackered old Ford. You just have an issue with it being a very expensive car.

This too. Plenty of it on here, see any number of threads. Ugly attitudes. Who cares, live and let live.

funkmasterp

Break in and park it straight. It’s on a slight angle now and that’s just bad form.

oldbloke
    Free Member

There might have been poetic justice involved later. A couple in some small BMW parked on the muddy grass below Tarn Hows last week and got stuck. Proper spinning the wheels until dug in stuck. Didn’t seem to want any offer to tow them out and seemed more amused than worried about it.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Is this in access to the disabled car park above tarn hows?

Were they displaying a ticket or national trust badge?

Frozen sausages, bombers or chuck a can of red bull at them

shortcut

I’d just ride past probably make a comment to my riding buddies and get on with my day.

blurty

You’ve behaved like a knob moving the rock. Seeing the ruts it looks like plenty of people have parked there before the Bentley driver. What if it’s an old dear who can’t move the rock?

Sanctimonious jealous pillock.

alpin
    Free Member

Was at a Biergarten a few weeks back.

Some Tesla pulled up taking up two spaces. My mates sprung up and and moved their vans to within about 2cm either side of the Tesla. Other guests saw what they were up to and all seemed to approve.

I consider moving the rock back into place a good deed. Just need to now wait for them to return.

footflaps

Sanctimonious jealous pillock.

DezB
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash
    I don’t think anyone has said “others have done it so its ok”

They have and they’re still saying it.
    To me, it’s **** all to do with it being a Bentley and everything to do with it being a car.
    Maybe postierich is different.
    But I’m away from this thread now.

Drac

Some Tesla pulled up taking up two spaces. My mates sprung up and and moved their vans to within about 2cm either side of the Tesla.

Your mates sound awesome.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I think it’s an uglier side of our society that people automatically assume people with money are bigger dicks than the rest of us.

I’m not sure that is the case here. It’s the model of car as much as the cost of it. I have nothing against normal Rollers & Bentleys in general, but that 4×4 thing is inutterably loathsome. Most other heuge cars have something about them, a presence, a top speed or a beauty.

That thing is just a butt ugly ignorant way of showing how much money and how little class you have.

In this case I think it is a perfectly valid assumption to say that the person driving it is a bigger dick than the rest of us.

[Partly tongue in check, but partly I genuinely do think that]

chestrockwell

It seems to me that the answer to someone acting like a dick is to act like a dick yourself. Who knew?

Drac

Alternatively they could be the nicest person you’ve ever known but have no taste in cars. Just look at the Nissan Juke.

slowoldman

I would take a photo of it and stick it on a forum somewhere asking what others would do.

MoreCashThanDash

I think it’s an uglier side of our society that people assume people with moneys are dicks.

A lot of them are though.

Prejudice and bigotry against rich people is still just bigotry and prejudice.

brads
    Free Member

I’d think, whoever put that rock back in front of that motor is a right prick.

martinhutch

It’s OK, I went along the same road later and this was happening.

car

Drac

😂

singlespeedstu

Came here to post about price ticket swapping but see thegreatape has beaten me to it.
    Could have had yourself a bargain again there Rich.

finbar
    Free Member

Well I for one would like to say nice job on moving the rock back postierich, I’d possibly not have stopped at one.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d shake my head and carry on my ride.

People are dicks, some drive big cars, some don’t, but nothing you will do will stop said people being dicks, and getting pissed off about it just puts a dampener on your day.

franksinatra

Some Tesla pulled up taking up two spaces. My mates sprung up and and moved their vans to within about 2cm either side of the Tesla. Other guests saw what they were up to and all seemed to approve.

So would that then mean that your mates vans were also straddling two spaces each?

matt_outandabout

What they should do is park on the road and block emergency services being able to get past, of course.

You only need a Peugeot for that.

(For those who don’t know – the Ambulance and MRT were coming down off the hill. The cars had parked after the emergency vehicles went up to deal with casualty, blocking them in.

nickewen
    Free Member

How was that one ^^^ resolved MOAB??

trail_rat
    Free Member

quite sure it* would have been left alone had it been a T5 looking for a space for the night.

*bentley

matt_outandabout

How was that one ^^^ resolved MOAB??

I believe (and this was only Facebook post) that the Ambulance and MRT transferred a patient. They then waited while police and MRT took a walk along to the falls to find the car owners. They have been prosecuted – it is a public road, it just has a gate as there is no cattle-grid, there is farm and 3x houses up there.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just look at the Nissan Juke.

I’d rather not thank you.

footflaps

The best one was the farmer in Seathwaite who just drove his tractor and trailer through the cars obstructing his road…

https://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2017/11/14/police-probe-after-great-gable-remembrance-day-walkers-cars-damaged-at-seathwaite

nickewen
    Free Member

Glad to hear they were prosecuted MOAB. You would have thought all of that yellow paint arranged in twin lines indicated it was a bad place to park.. Selfish **** arseholes.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘You come across a car parked like this what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.