Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • You come across a car parked like this what would you do?
  • Premier Icon postierich
    Free Member

Came across this Bentley parked at a local beauty spot, a large rock had been moved for them to reverse on to sodden grass causing quite a bit of damage to the grass . Was pretty annoying to see!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jZei3Z]122765337_10159099996276474_3665490210234754006_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Premier Icon kelron
    Free Member

Put the rocks underneath.

Premier Icon cloudnine

Put the rocks on the bonnet and Hammer frozen saugages up the exhaust pipe.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

From the car and the parking it’s likely to be one of our ruling elite reminding us that we are all in this together.

Detail the car and move on, humbled to be of some small service.

Premier Icon breadcrumb

That’s the most off-road action that 4*4 will ever see!

I’d of repositioned the rocks back in front of the bumper.

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

Well the obvious not damaging thing so do is smear that mud all over the windows…

Perhaps spelling a message of your displeasure.

Premier Icon cogglepin

Piss on the door handles.

Premier Icon tails
    Free Member

Looks like that parking spot is well used not just one off damage. Hope you’d have posted up if it was a Suzuki jimny Parker there.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

Work out what law they have broken and report it.

Premier Icon jim25
    Free Member

I would of carried on with my day without much thought given to it

Premier Icon Daffy

Send that photo to Bentley for their marketing.

I too would’ve taken a photo, but not to bitch about it. It looks like the stone was moved long before the Bentley got there.

Premier Icon bedmaker
    Free Member

Owning that particular car* most likely marks the owner out as a bit of a knob.

However, if they want to drive into the countryside and park in a well used spot to walk the dog I don’t see any problem with that.

If you’re so worried about a wee patch of grass, you should see what farmers do to the stuff on an industrial scale every year. It’ll blow your petty mind!

*two local to me, both owned by knobs.

Premier Icon ElShalimo

Is the car the local beauty spot?

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Put dog shit on the inside of the door handles.

Premier Icon ajantom

I’m always amazed on the amount of money people are willing to spend on butt ugly cars.
    It’s like some of the ‘premiere marque’ manufacturers have a competition to see who can design the worst car that people will still buy.

Premier Icon towpathman

It’s just a car parked on some mud, that was clearly mud before the car was parked there. If it was a Defender, the responses on here would be quite different.

Premier Icon nickc

Or a T5/6.

some mud, a car. Am I supposed to be outraged?

Premier Icon SuperScale20
    Free Member

Nothing I am not a traffic warden does not seem to be causing danger to anyone.

Premier Icon orangespyderman

People complain because these things are only ever driven in city centres, then complain when they’re parked in the mud. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Agree that if the driver made that mess in one go parking there, they made a terrible job of it, but also agree it’s much more likely that they’re one of a number of people who use that bit for parking.

Did you see the stone being removed for them to park there, or are you just supposing because you’ve made a summary judgement based on the car that’s there?

In any case, to answer the question in the thread, my answer is nothing at all.

Premier Icon piemonster

You can see more than one tyre tread in the mud.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

Pah! It’s two years old, I’d have left a £50 under the wiper as they are clearly poor

Premier Icon willard

Passive aggressive note under the wiper I think.

Ultimately though, if people are willing to park like **** and do things liek that, they are unlikely to give a shit about anything you say.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

Assume the stone was moved long before and many others have done the same. OTOH, if the owner has picked that rock up and moved it, he’s quite a bit bigger than me so he’s entitled to park where he likes.

Premier Icon falkirk-mark

That looks as though a few cars have been parked there I don’t think that the Bentley owner had moved the rock TBH. Parking is still a bit shit

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Some typically STW judgements on stereotypes 🤣. I know two Bentley owners, both lovely, down to earth, albeit successful, guys.

As others have said, I wouldn’t think the Bentley owner moved the rock, it wasn’t the first there. Owners of other, less prestigious brands can be idiots too.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1

Premier Icon andybrad

I’d have thought “oh look a Bentley ” and ridden past

No issues with where he’s parked or what they are driving.

As for smearing stuff on the car. If you were to do that I would hope that either you were caught in the act by a police person and charged. Alternatively the owner caught you and beat 7 shades from you.

Premier Icon andybrad

How old was the owner?

Premier Icon postierich
    Free Member

Totally agree that cars had parked there before!  Parking spot above Tarn Hows, the rock was put back in its original position he/she looked pretty much lodged at the rear! Might make him/her consider their parking choice next time.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jZei5n]122855450_10159099996331474_2586219802432319520_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Premier Icon Dickyboy

Get the **** out of there in case the owners come back from disposing of a body and think I’ve see something I shouldn’t 🤔

Premier Icon falkirk-mark

I think putting a rock in front of it is a worse thing to do than him parking there (assuming the rock was already moved when he got there which it looks like).The owner might not have the fitness /ability to move it.

Premier Icon davros

sf2

Premier Icon argee

I would have just ignored it, as others say, looks well used for cars, the people inside have at least found a place that is in keeping with parking around the area, they are out for a walk or whatever, i would have just went on without thinking about it.

Personally the last picture makes me angrier, someone has taken the time and energy to get offended and then put a massive rock in front of the car, potentially ruining the car occupants day, it’s not a good thing.

Premier Icon martinhutch

You’d be in a permanently outraged state if you got wound up by dickhead parking in Lakes hotspots. Every passing space and verge is fair game in the holidays, it seems. Bentley or not, that’s a particularly bad example . Unfortunately I think it’s a 4×4, so will probably manage to blast itself free of the slop.

Get the **** out of there in case the owners come back from disposing of a body and think I’ve see something I shouldn’t

Dispose of a body at Tarn Hows? There are so many dogs off the lead that it would be found within minutes. 🙂

Premier Icon jekkyl

Considering the earth will still be there after the car leaves I would do nothing at all.

Premier Icon timbog160

This seems like a bit of an odd thread all round. It’s a terrible place to park, but that would be the case whatever the car. Putting the rock there is a bit of a **** move imo.

Premier Icon johnx2
    Free Member

I’d clock the ‘make america great again’ personalised plate, think ‘****’ and wonder why they’d chosen a European brand car.

(Editing because it’s asterisked something commonly found in the middle of Wastwater.)

Premier Icon Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

the rock was put back in its original position he/she looked pretty much lodged at the rear! Might make him/her consider their parking choice next time.

What they should do is park on the road and block emergency services being able to get past, of course.

Premier Icon scruff
    Free Member

Rocks were obviously put there to stop people parking there.

Mind my own business and get on with my day

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.