Home Forums Bike Forum Yeti SB115?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Yeti SB115?
  • chestrockwell

Continuing my quest to search out the various xc/down country/whatever bike for next n+1 I’ve come across a few of these at what seem like reasonable prices.

Anyone got one and can give real world feedback? Seems an older design but that doesn’t necessarily put me off. Heard it mentioned that they’re not that light but also that a light build would be pretty easy? As a retro fan I’m obviously swayed by the name even if they don’t have the best warranty rep.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have no relevant experience whatsoever and I also have a lot of 90s nostalgia for Yeti but I wouldn’t.  Dated geometry, high maintenance suspension set up and a Silverfish premium on the parts you inevitably need to replace would have me running a mile.

butterbean
    Free Member

Even by Yeti’s own mediocre standards for building a sub par bike for ‘real world use’ this one manages to be an even lamer duck than their usual efforts.

A quick Google of SB115 SI Link issues will tell you all you need to know.

chestrockwell

Ah, no wonder it’s cheap!

slackboy

Anyone got one and can give real world feedback

I’ve got one and love it. Mainly because

I also have a lot of 90s nostalgia for Yeti

I’m not hard on my bikes and mainly do xc pootling so I’ve never had an issue with it.

That said, I’d probably get a transition spur or sb120 if i was replacing it, although prices have gone silly since I bought mine in 2021.

I’m running a 140mm fork up front, rather than a 120mm

PXL_20240729_182338150

Daffy

I was in precisely the same place and ultimately bought a Transition Spur.  It’s an awesome bike which continually impresses me with both the capability of its short travel and its ability to climb.

The only slight niggle I have is that my baggies occasionally get caught on the upper linkage, but I can wear either longer shorts or bibs and it’s fine.

chestrockwell

Cheers guys. Spur was on the list but maybe a bit more trail than I want? Anyway, that’s for a future thread when I’m in a position to buy!

It’s a gravel bike / XC hardtail replacement so wouldn’t be subjected to much abuse. We’ll see…..

honourablegeorge

Rubber_BuccaneerFull Member
    I have no relevant experience whatsoever and I also have a lot of 90s nostalgia for Yeti but I wouldn’t.  Dated geometry, high maintenance suspension set up and a Silverfish premium on the parts you inevitably need to replace would have me running a mile.

Love that Silverfish service.

“Postage will be $15”

“£16 for a tiny part? Can you just send it regular post”

“No, sorry, we can only send by courier”

“Fair enough, here you go”

…..

“That part didn’t arrive, can you give me a tracking number”

“No, sorry, we sent that regular post, no tracking”

“Can I have my £15 back then?”

<silence>

Daffy

The Spur builds up very light (~11kg with 2.4″ tyres, AXS and a dropper) and is very nimble with a pretty short wheelbase.  I replaced a Yeti SB95c (140/130mm) with the Spur as I wanted something more XC, but not race XC to take me back toward my earlier MTBing on Rocky Mountain ETSX, SC Superlights, etc.  It hasn’t disappointed.  I feel like it could probably match the Yeti in most circumstances and would annihilate it in overall speed.  It feels so capable.

chestrockwell

Nice!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.