Home Forums Bike Forum WRPT. The Suns Out And The Colours Look Great Edition.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • WRPT. The Suns Out And The Colours Look Great Edition.
    chiefgrooveguru

moxie

Woodland sun

This morning was my second consecutive early Sunday solo singletrack right – last weekend was literally the first ride I’d ever started in the dark and watched dawn break, despite years of doing the other end of the day. Too much family life getting in the way and I do prefer riding with others but I’m rather liking the early solo thing.

Glad I changed the rear tyre to my winter one after last week’s uphill wheelspin moments. Pretty muddy in the woods, and plenty of wet leaves on wet roots moments of getting loose…

It’s funny how when I look at photos of solo rides it always looks like I’ve gone for an XC bimble even though I’m usually just lapping singletrack, trying to hit the turns etc as fast as possible. Never any action shots!

P.S. Yes, that is a mud prevention sock on my water bottle…

welshfarmer

Out with the pup up on the Blacks. Glorious weather and colours. A last hoorah before the cold and grey of a Welsh winter set in.

IMG_20241026_151350~2

welshfarmer

@daverhp Looks like Alum Pot? If so it was my first SRT trip way back in the late 80s after a quick demonstration on a tree in the Ingelton caravan site. Did the direct free-hang North-West route. Think it was a 60 meter drop. Pretty intimidating and took a good 30 minutes to prussik back up!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.