Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wow – Free Speedboats!
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

http://nottingham.gumtree.com/nottingham/86/32790086.html

The front ouf our house resembles a bit of a scrap yard, with all my classic VW projects and vehicles….the neighbours hate them 🙂

Thinking about getting these – if only I had the room!

🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aaaw, i thought this was going to be a post about bullseye!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

A good few years ago, a mate of mine lived in a block of flats. Downstairs, in the car park, sat a lovely little speedboat. It never went anywhere, mind.

The family had won it on Bullseye. Trouble was, not having a car (or much money, I don’t think), they didn’t have the means to actually use it. It just sat there, for a few years, with kids jumping all over it, and eventually disappeared. I have no idea what ever happened to it.

So, it wasn’t a myth, after all. Somebody did actually win the speedboat!

MrNutt
    Free Member

anything under 16ft bounces too much unless you’re just gonna use it for fresh water.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is fresh water less “bouncy” then? 😕

Stoner
    Free Member

MrNutt: meet Mrs Stoner’s current project under development

3.9m and planes flat at 8knots or something. Irons out massive swell and waves. Completely revloutionary design. Proto is a lot of fun. Coming to a marina near you later this year…

http://www.c-fury.com/

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh! Can I have one? PLEEEEEEEAAAASSEEE????

I could zip up and down the Thames on that.

Go on, I’ll test it for yers!

vdubber67
    Free Member

I was thinking about combining one with the 1200 Beetle engine in the garage….then someone pointed out that it did say SPEEDboat in the description… 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

Stoner that looks like it could be fun to chuck it around a bay on a choppy day! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is fresh water less “bouncy” then?

Yup. It generally doesnt have 6ft waves on it 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s an amazing craft – and Im no Captain Birdseye but the design of it is really something special.

The catamaran hull acts as a shock absorber while the hydrofoil and other patented gubbins gets it to plane. Ive seen it turn a flat 8m radius 180deg at over 30 knots 🙂

It makes for a very fast but comfortable ride unlike ribs under 6m.

Also its as sporty as a big jetski, but you can fit the whole family on board. Yours for 12k with a yamaha 60bhp 🙂

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Very nice, but it’s a bad time to be coming to the market at that price!

Stoner
    Free Member

The price isnt much of a problem when compared to the rib/jetski cross over markets – it’s more than competitve when put up against them. The market itself isnt great, obviously, but there’s a lot of interest from the non-private sector. Also looking at the yacht tender market too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my basic understanding of hydrodynamics says that will be planing at well under 8 knots surely (about 6.8?) ?

Not that new and revolutionary, plenty of very similar looking concepts on sailing dingies, imagine a cross between the current generations of moths and a laser vortex. And the tunnel idea was sumbled upon by the vikings to give longboats some stability.

Stoner
    Free Member

you’re talking to the wrong guy about the design specifics (8knots was afigure near the top of my head – I think the video tells you the proper speed – I cant watch the video here). But since there are 3 patents on it (and you cant patent something the vikings came up with! 🙂 I know that there’s gubbins going on which makes it handle uniquely for it’s size compared to both ribs and jetskis.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I wanna see vdubbers collection of VW projects, got any Pics.

I used to have a few V-Dubs myself….

MrNutt
    Free Member

Stoner, does she have a PDF that you could send to me, I know folk in the high end yacht circles 😉

adminatoldghostsdotcodotuk

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Stoner, give one to me, and I’ll ride it about some of the marinas round here, get it loads of exposure. Plenty of wealthy boaty folk, who might be interested.

I’ll do this for free, too. Can’t say fairer than that.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mr Nutt – will email you to take this offline.

Fred – chippy east end boys are not going to sell this 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wow – Free Speedboats!’ is closed to new replies.