Home Forums Chat Forum wire mesh stock fencing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wire mesh stock fencing
  • erictwinge
    Free Member

you see fences like this everywhere!

fence

i never imagined it would be so difficult to purchase.

i found a few places online, but they want more for delivery than im spending on materials and i have to wait up to 6 or 7 working days.

where can i walk in an buy this stuff off the shelf please?? nationwide stores or anywhere in greater manchester area…

Kuco

Most farm suppliers stock it. IIRC we got our last lot from a company called Mole Valley Farmers, don’t know if one is in or around Manchester.

mrsheen
    Free Member

A little bit further than Gtr Manchester but they might be able to help:

https://williameyre.co.uk/timber-fencing-gates/

CheesybeanZ

Local timber/fencing merchants.

dafydd17
    Free Member

Round ‘ere it be called pig wire. Comes in 50m rolls from the local farmers’ supply shop, 3′ or 4′ depth. Not too dear if you don’t go for the green coated stuff (which isn’t any better, just looks flash).

Kuco

Round ‘ere it be called sheep netting :)

joshvegas
    Free Member

It’ll all end up being patched with bailing twine anyway. Just start with that.

timber

Search for a fencing supplier or farm supplies, may have a local one, otherwise Wynnstay and Mole Valley are some of the nationals.
    If you don’t need a full roll, bung a fencing contractor some cash for a part roll. Or might even sell a whole roll, they’ll be getting a good price on it as they buy bulk.

Edit to add that farm supplies aren’t great at online, lot of stuff is assumed that they have, so give them a call or drop in. You won’t see it in the showroom, it will be in the yard out back. Heavy stuff, especially the 200m rolls. 50m an easy lift.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wire mesh stock fencing’ is closed to new replies.