Home Forums Chat Forum Windows product key

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Windows product key
    matt_outandabout

There seems to be a few options: MS Store is £119…

Others are as low as £9.99 and most seem to have legit reviews.

Am I missing something? Suggest where to get new Windows 11 key for a new gaming PC…

gobuchul
    Free Member

I have used various key selling websites for both Windows OS and Office, with no problems at all.

Used Gamers Outlet and CD keys. I always paid with Paypal.

They are in a grey area, supposed to be OEM stuff I believe.

oceanskipper

Are you building the PC yourself? If not then it will already have a key associated with it and will activate once connected to the Internet – even if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it to W11.

mattyfez

I’ve actualy seen adverts for CDkeys no youtube i think, or it might have been one of the freeview channels, so I guess they must be semi legit, at least!

But as above, just buy a cheap one – you should be able to get one for about £5-£10.

I did actually have an issue with an office key from gamers outlet once – error that it was already registered and trying to get a refund was basicaly impossible so I gave up as it was only £3 if I recall.

But I’m running cheap windows keys on both my windows PCs, never had a problem. In theory I could wake up one day to a ‘this windows is unlicenced’ messsage, but in that case I’d just buy another cheap key and re-activate it.

Cougar2
    Free Member

cdkeys is legit.  I’ve used them for Xbox passes for years.

I don’t know about Windows 11, but you can activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 key which might give you a cheaper option.

matt_outandabout

Cheers all

thols2

you can activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 key which might give you a cheaper option.

That used to be the case but I think MS cut off the free upgrades. They officially ended years ago but MS just let it keep rolling. Happy to be corrected, but I think they killed it as part of the plan to ditch the legacy hardware and get everyone onto Win11.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.