Home Forums Bike Forum which portable jet washer?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • which portable jet washer?
  • ninkynonk
    Free Member

I don’t have ideal bike washing facilities at home so its easier for me to wash my bike immediately after a ride. I had a dirtworker but its now packed up, when I first bought it a few years ago it was pretty much the only one available but now there are several types on the market. Are they much of a muchness or is there one that’s top of the pile?

cheers

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Over the years I’ve had a Dirtworker, Mobi and now an Airace (here) washer. Each one has been better than the previous.

hammyuk
    Free Member

5lt high pressure spray from Homebase – spend the change on goodies 😉

zangolin
    Free Member
    manmurray

Another nomad 18v here. Good so far (only had it a few weeks mind).

legend
    Free Member

Not the brand-x one. The pump, pressure and gun are fine, but the connectors are really nasty and can get easily buggered.

Drillski
    Free Member

I’ve a dirtworker which is good, but buddy has a new nomad which has a built in cleanable filter, which means he can use pondwater/river etc in it without buggering it up. Handy on occasions. Mayhem anyone?

somafunk

What sort of pressure do you get out of the 18v nomad?, is there actually that much difference between the nomad and the usual Hozelock pump sprayer?.

therag
    Free Member

Only got expierence with the moby 17, bought it a few weeks ago and I’m really impressed with it. It’s still running on the battery which hasn’t been recharged yet since delivery, washes 2/3 bikes on a tank of water and has plenty of reach on the leash. I’m even using it to wash my van. Oh and they’re on offer on crc.

manmurray

Impressed with the nomad pressure-wise. Had a couple of properly muddy rides this/last week (Bedgebury especially), got 90% off without muckoff etc. Hose connector looks a wee bit fragile, but ok so far.

timmys

What’s up with the Dirtworker? The guy who used to distribute them is ultra helpful and might well be able to sort you out with any parts you need. In my case I thought I needed a new pump but his advice sorted me out without spending a penny. Previously he’d sent me a load of o-rings and a better designed cap at zero cost. He now distributes the Nomad’s so you can message him via their site; http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk (He’s also posted here on occasions I think).

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mobi from when they were £50ish from wiggle and for that I’d say its great value. Double that – I’d go for a sprayer / plastic sheets tbh.

The Mobi’s been ace though- mine failed under warranty and was replaced instantly with one email to wiggle (they seem to own the distributers? but I could be wrong) before I even sent the used one back. So 5 stars from me.

jedi

i have had 2 and the y both broke at the connectors after a month of use. 🙁

jimc101
    Free Member

If you have a Chas Ohlson store near you, they do a version of the Mobi V17, their version having used both this, and the Mobi version, I prefer the Chas Ohlson spray gun attachment, + it has a 2 year guarantee, which is a year more than Mobi give.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Oh no, it’s the ninkynonk! Had a mobi for 18 months, no issues at all.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

pretty sure mobiwasher the company has gone bust, or just decided to stop trading?

the website doesnt exist anymore and it looks to me that CRC are selling off all their old stock at discount prices…

FWIW i have a mobi 15, its a great piece of kit, i wish id have got the 17 now thouhg, not because of the size, but because its an all in 1 unit, i really really hate having to plug stuff in clambering through the car etc when im filthy and wet….

so ive bought a hozelock 1.5ltr handheld pump action spray gun, (which is just as powerful when pumped to the max) and i take a spare 2lt coke bottle and fill up if need be….

usually in winter though, its filthy and wet so no need to hose it down first before cleaning, so at the min i just muc off the bike, scrub a bit then hoze down with this 1.5ltr hozelock spray gun, its mint, not so powerful it damages anything, but its get it clean…..

using the full 1.5 and a spare 2litre of water in a coke can is plenty to clean one bike….

that said, i wish somebody would design a 5ltr small all in one electric power washer, id defo take one if they did! 15 – 17ltrs is massive amounts and its too big to get in my car with all the other stuff i have…a nice portable 5ltr one with no cables would be puuuuuurfect!

footflaps

Nomad 18v here, only problem is it is so powerful it drains the tank is no time at all, often before I’ve finished a single bike….

DrP

I’ve been happy with a cheapo 8l garden sprayer from wilko’s.
    Probably not as powerful/high flow as the Nomad, but cheap, reliable, powered by ‘the guns’ (pump powered) and good enough to clean 2 bikes (pre spray with muc off type, leave a few min, then simply spray the crud off…)

I’m happy…

DrP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i agree with drp – given i own both types, if you pump it up enough they are easily as powerful (or should i say plenty powerful)….

im using a 1.5ltr hozelock handheld one, which doesnt sound alot, but with a spare 2ltr coke bottle of water its absolutly plenty!

probably in hindsight i should have got a 5ltr garden one, so i dont have to take a big bottle extra of water, but the principal is the same, they work just as well as powered ones IMO…

i’ll probably get a bigger one now, and save my 1.5ltr one for summer when its not needed as much

theflatboy
    Free Member

i got a black and decker one, which is very good and very powerful. more powerful than i was expecting, as i found when i sprayed it directly on my leg and flayed a nice 4 inch gouge into my calf…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i got the mobi one recently and so far so good. Just the right pressure to clean muck off a bike without being too high pressure. Being able to use it off the battery pack is really useful and the battery lasts surprisingly long – although there is no low battery warning which is a bit of a downside.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘which portable jet washer?’ is closed to new replies.