Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • What’s ya flooding like locally?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

To be honest we dont see that much round away but this morning out part of the derwent valley is a smidge wet. One of the busiest commuter sections where the A6 meets the A610 at the Hurt Arms is fully under water, some hero had a go at it at some point is going to be getting a costly hydrolocked bill for his transit.

Only ever seen the derwent up to the bridge in belper once before in 25 years of being around the town.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

South Downs near me, courtesy if you believe the local news, of the EA cutting back and not dredging the river mouth.

docrobster
    Free Member

Sheffield is slowly sinking. Rotherham and Doncaster have drowned

docrobster
    Free Member

scotroutes

Soft, white and fluffy.

First day we’ve had snow down to street level this winter.

funkmasterp

None existent here in Macclesfield.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Beautiful blue sky morning, hasn’t rained for a few days here.

nickc

Not too bad really, Road between here and Tod was/is shut (haven’t checked this morning), and Mythomroyd had extra flood defences erected, but the flood siren didn’t go off at all. Stopped raining here in the afternoon though luckily. Out on the bike later to have a look at the damage.

Poor folk in Sheffield got walloped though

neilnevill
    Free Member

Feel sorry for Sheffield Rotherham etc, looks nasty. SE London…. My garden is a swamp but no flooding!

eddie11
    Free Member

Randoms driving into flood water is not heroic

lunge

Birmingham here, no flooding at all. We often get a bit at the bottom of my road and even that was clear.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not sure if we missed the rain or not but it was -3 and clear skies on our clubrun last night in Reading, was quite surprised to see flooding on the news!

globalti
    Free Member

Nothing here in Lancs

avdave2

South Downs near me, courtesy if you believe the local news, of the EA cutting back and not dredging the river mouth.

As far as I’m aware it’s not cutbacks but a plan to stop the futile battle with the sea and to allow the area to return to a natural wetland. Sure the lovely meandering bends looked nice enough but it’s a pretty sterile environment compared to what it might become now.

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge

Beautiful blue sky morning, hasn’t rained for a few days here.

+1

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’m not sure the locals in Alfriston and Litlington see it that way.

rone

Boats and stuff in the middle of Worksop.

crazy-legs

A couple of the usual spots around High Peak area – little dips or poorly drained sections which always flood – but I’m the other side from Sheffield so we’re alright really. It was miserably wet though all day.

Manchester was gridlocked last night. Combination of shit weather, a football match at Old Trafford and numerous small accidents. M60 was solid both ways as I crossed it on the train last night.

squealer
    Free Member

Loads here. There is usually a playing field the other side of this bridge

squealer
    Free Member

And here’s someone on a jet ski on the playing fields!

NewRetroTom

Soft, white and fluffy.

Similar here!

Tracey

Took Abigale over four hours last night to get from Sheffield to home, 16 miles. The Parkway was stood with the volume of traffic trying to use alternative routes to the M1. When she got to the M1 they had closed it north bound due to surface water and were diverting into Rotherham which was flooded. She managed to keep to the high ground and get back to the MI at J35 and then off at J36 and onto the Dearne Valley Way which was also flooded.
    She did have to add to the volume of water at at one point in the journey

bikebouy
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware it’s not cutbacks but a plan to stop the futile battle with the sea and to allow the area to return to a natural wetland. Sure the lovely meandering bends looked nice enough but it’s a pretty sterile environment compared to what it might become now.

Down here on the coast we’ve been told that the best option is to let the sea control itself. They’re still dredging the main channels and chucking the silt/sand on the seafronts, but other than that initiatives like Medmerry will be the norm from now on.. Not too sure about the Swage from West Wittering to Itchenor, a few years ago they spent about £1m on building out the sand dunes but we’ve heard (my sailing club other side of the harbour) thats the last time they’ll be doing it…

tthew

Chester Greenway flooded this morning, which was a surprise. Deep enough to cover the wheels on my bike, by the time I realised I was already in it. 😁

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Severn was over last weekend and a few local roads were out of action but it’s receding again now.

squealer that’s not Hereford is it?

squealer
    Free Member

squealer that’s not Hereford is it?

Correct.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Crikey that is high. I’ve seen the fields flooded a few times but not right up to the footbridge level.

In laws are close to the Wye – fortunately about 15m above it, although local access has become limited. Didn’t realise it had gone so high though.

MoreCashThanDash

Warnings are for the Derwent to peak around lunchtime, at levels close to the 1965 record. OP may have posted prematurely

verses

The junction by the Hurt Arms at Ambergate you say?

the-muffin-man

We are going to walk down to the Hurt tonight for a drink – might pop my wetsuit on! 🙂

Currently watching the floodwater get closer to my office door in Matlock.

the-muffin-man

Hurt Arms again in Ambergate…

the-muffin-man

Stanley Fearns in Matlock…

midlifecrashes

Flood

Drains unable to cope in Doncaster, half the street flooded, I’m landlord to two of these, it’s been a long night and seems like a long day already. Waiting for loss adjuster now.

Edit: dunno why it’s not showing for me, the img tags look normal and imgur is usually allowed

sharkattack

These two pictures are about 30 seconds from my house in Sheffield. Luckily we’re perched on a hill.

Two of my mates are determined to drive from Sheffield to the Dirt Factory in Manchester after work tonight. Forecast looks dry but I hope we don’t have to sleep on Snakes Pass.

midlifecrashes
    ssboggy

Stanley Fearns in Matlock…

That’s getting a bit close to your work place muffin-man!

There’s no flooding up here at Kelstedge

the-muffin-man

…you wait till it snows ssboggy!!! Have fun on Slack Hill! 🙂

ssboggy

…you wait till it snows ssboggy!!! Have fun on Slack Hill! 🙂

Might need to buy a fat bike 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Forecast looks dry but I hope we don’t have to sleep on Snakes Pass.

Well I wouldn’t go that way if I were you

sharkattack

Guess our first visit to the Dirt Factory will have to wait! Thanks for that, they were just going by the weather forecast and google maps.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What’s ya flooding like locally?’ is closed to new replies.