Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • What’s ya flooding like locally?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It was bad in Shropshire about a month back, fine today though

scaled
    Free Member

Chorlton brook this morning – the water is normally ~20 ft lower than the path that’s underwater on the far side there…

Mersey was looking pretty lively, and that’s after the flood gates were opened at 1am

toby1

@sharkatack – I hope there’s a cycle lane under all that water #cyclingonthepavement! 😉

Hope people aren’t suffering too much, we’ve had about as much rain as the flats of Cambridge can take this week, much more and I’ll need a bike/canoe hybrid for work!

aP
    Free Member

No flooding here, quite impressive thunder and lightning and drizzle. It’s still 29C though at 22:38

IvanMTB
    Free Member

… and it is raining again in Worksop.

Seen one idiot thinking his car is a submarine this morning and trying to go under Kilton Hill Bridge. Of course he get stuck…

Center of Rotherham, next to post office had about 80-100cm of water this morning, but apart of that more-less ok. Not sure how it is like further afield or closer to canal/Don.

Heard some people get stuck overnight in Medowhell…

Cheers!
    I.

the-muffin-man

JCB For Sale in Ambergate – good condition, bit of water in the electrics!…

dawson

Another one from Worksop here. Really bad in the town centre.

(not me pictured I hasten to add!)

theboatman
    Free Member

Raining at present here in Darley Dale, but the river Derwent isn’t expected to peak till later. There has been some discussion of water being released from Ladybower and Derwent last night due to the pressure up there. Was sad to realise that the coastguard helicopter that was searching up the valley before lunch was looking to recover the glass that got swept away at Rowsley in the early hours.

sadexpunk

pretty bad in lincs, plenty of roads closed and idiots still trying to get through and need rescuing….

out of interest, is there an up-to-date site for road closures anywhere? one of my lads and his mate and girlfriends are flying from birmingham airport in the morning, so A46/A453/A42/M42 to airport parking. any sites for them to look at for closures/re-routing etc?

cheers

sharkattack

@sharkatack – I hope there’s a cycle lane under all that water #cyclingonthepavement!

There is, and luckily it’s about 18 inches higher than the road otherwise he’d be swimming.

It’s weird in Sheffield tonight. I just got home from work in 9 minutes! Wish everyone would stay home more often.

maxtorque

Watch out cycling (and walking) through dirty water you can see the bottom through, because it’s not unheard of for the rising waters to lift manholes covers………

docrobster
    Free Member

Watch out cycling (and walking) through dirty water you can see the bottom through, because it’s not unheard of for the rising waters to lift manholes covers………

Yeah that happened on the a57 snake pass yesterday evening. Several cars got flats on raised drain covers

MoreCashThanDash

Sadexpunk – I’ve been using the county council website to check road closures here in Derbyshire.

AA/RAC may have a wider list.

Kuco

No flooding here but rivers & brooks are high. The team has been very busy clearing trash screens, culverts and bridge holes to keep water flowing freely.

h4muf
    Free Member

@Muffinman That’s my firms JCB! Bloody hell!

wrightyson
    Free Member

@h4muf that get washed off the bridge at shining cliff?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Derwent has burst its banks in derby in the last couple of hours, managed to evac mrs ws just before 5 from the garden centre at little eaton.

Daughter however, you know the one, the one that passed her test a month or so ago reckoned shed be fine getting to the cinema. Left 90 mins ago, on her way home now 😂

project
    Free Member

Due to years of tory cuts we dont have any flooding up here on Merseyside, just a few damp patches, from mps going to loose their well paid so called jobs in Decemebr

pictonroad

South Downs near me, courtesy if you believe the local news, of the EA cutting back and not dredging the river mouth

The temerity of them. How dare they not spend public money on protecting an artificially created floodplain with no-one on it from flooding.

Sigh.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I will say, having just got back from the P&H in Litlington that the flooded roads seem to have pretty much halved their usual Friday evening business and Alfriston is pretty dead apart from lots of 4×4 response and EA vehicles so there is some indirect effect on people here.  That and all the low lying homes in Alfriston.

crazy-legs

Yeah that happened on the a57 snake pass yesterday evening. Several cars got flats on raised drain covers

I rode over Snake Pass earlier this evening. All passable with a bit of care – actually I reckon it was easier by bike than car.

colournoise

Not been too bad in this corner of East Northants. Just a few small puddles on the trails in the local woods.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Off out to brave it this morning. Hopefully the roads around derby have improved….

matt_outandabout

It’s not. And that there is is now solid frozen.

h4muf
    Free Member

@Wrightyson Yep, 4CX and a roller not a year old. Fecked.

maxtorque

They are tough old beasts, might not be an ex-excavator with bit of careful lubrication! (oe-err missus)

midlifecrashes

Well I’ve spent the day removing flooring and skirtings, mopping out and getting the dehumidifiers going in one house. Same again tomorrow in the other, if it’s moat has drained. We still don’t have flowing drains and likely won’t until the Don drops a few feet. We had a laugh when my tenant compared it to the Titanic on Look North last night though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

@h4muf bet Chris and Kev are extra chirpy on monday morning! Was that a duck I saw outside the hurt arms on the aerial photo? Was it helping out? Did the vintage event go ahead today?

h4muf
    Free Member

@Wrightyson yes,it went ahead.
    They’ll both be in a bad mood in the morning!

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What’s ya flooding like locally?’ is closed to new replies.