Home Forums Bike Forum What’s up with our reverb axs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What’s up with our reverb axs
  • squealer
    Free Member

My son has got a reverb axs on his bike which seems to have issues!
    it started returning massively fast then after a couple of days started to sag when he sat on it and now also seems to be killing batteries – it’s killed its original one and also a brand new one we bought to replace it.

I’ve swapped a one up onto his bike for now but is it worth getting this axs looked at and who would I send it to to look at if it’s killing the batteries? Sounds like an electrical issue to me so not a service place?

My initial thoughts are that it’s one for the scrap pile but would be interested to see if anyone’s come across these issues before.

DickBarton

When was it last serviced?

squealer
    Free Member

Not sure to be honest, it came on a used bike we bought. Assuming worst case and it’s never been serviced I would guess it’s about 18 months old.

DickBarton

The drop is likely to be fixed with a service…the battery eating itself is hopefully a temporary thing that the service will help alleviate.
    Have you installed the latest firmware on the post and the controller?

squealer
    Free Member

Thank for the replies.

Yeah I thought that might be the suggestion.  I’m not sure I want to spend £100+ getting it serviced if it still might be killing batteries after that hence asking if anyone had encountered this particular issue. Anyone want a cheap reverb?!!

DickBarton

How cheap? And what size?

Unsure why I’m asking as I don’t have a bike for it!

clubby

AXS posts have a bleed port on the bottom to let air escape that should solve the sag. You need a special red tool for doing it, did the bike come with one?

Probably not solve an electrical issue. Pretty sure SRAM parts have a two year warranty. I’d be going back to the shop you bought the bike from and getting it sent away to distributor.

squealer
    Free Member

It’s a Second hand bike bought for my teenager unfortunately so no warranty.

I’ll guess I’ll ask one of the service places if it’s a known issue with the battery and if not then I’ll get rid of it.
    its £50 for a new battery and £110 for a service so its just not worth paying that if its not definitely going to work, I can buy a new cable pair for less than that.

DickBarton

Still give SRAM a call, they may goodwill it.

On the axs, I think the release valve is at the top, so remove the saddle and use the red key thing. I’m saying that, I’ve never had to do this so may be wrong (very likely to be wrong!).

Tracey

Try this first

DickBarton

Aye, I was wrong… maybe I was thinking of the cabled version, but follow the video, not my daft suggestion!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.