Home Forums Chat Forum What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 4,505 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • kayak23

Me girlfriend loves to cook from recipe books so fashioned a flat-pack recipe book stand for her.

fruitbat

Nice work Kayak 🙂

Alex

There’s so much fantastic stuff on this thread. This isn’t even mine. I asked a mate if he could build a frame for a map I’d bought my daughter. He came up with this

Recycled Picture Frame by Alex Leigh[/url], on Flickr

Recycled lawnmower pallet dried with a blow torch and then waxed. The hessian is from the local coffee roasters. We did have to buy the board behind the map but that was a cheap offcut. Jessie (daughter) loves it so much she inisisted we put it up before she’d actually finished decorating 😉

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Well that was an awesome 2hrs thread-read!! : )

AlexSimon

Hylian Shield
    Made with my 10yo – foam sword next.

LukeHurst
    Free Member

My classic mini inspired watch.

Specs;

– Modified 316 Stainless Case
    – Custom machined and printed dial
    – Custom engraved deployment clasp
    – automatic mechanical movement – modified slightly

A Chronograph is underway and I am thinking of starting a website to sell a few different custom watches.

Luke.

fivespot
    Free Member

Nice work Luke. I too have been tinkering in the watch world. Making a few vintage style watch straps from American Horween leather.

LukeHurst
    Free Member

fivespot – They look great. Have you considered making and selling them?

fivespot
    Free Member

LukeHurst……..Yes :-), sold a few on eBay, strangley most have gone abroad

AlexSimon

Just completed a bit of a mammoth one.
    Took waaaay longer than I expected.

Sink unit made entirely from 15mm Birch Ply.

Lots of firsts for me.
    Never used a router for finger joints (had to make my own jig) or indeed made finger joints before.
    Never used a router without the table before.
    Never laminated bits together. Had to laminate the top and the sides.
    Never made my own doors.
    etc.

Very please with how it all came out though.

Sink unit under construction by Alex Simon[/url], on Flickr

sink-unit-10 by Alex Simon[/url], on Flickr

sink-unit-4 by Alex Simon[/url], on Flickr

sink-unit-11 by Alex Simon[/url], on Flickr

A few more photos in the Album

JoeG
    Free Member

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Still the best thread ever

fivespot
    Free Member

Is the Singletrack mag for reading or just in case you run out of tissue 😆

richyb78
    Free Member

AlexSimon – That’s really really nice.

kayak23

Lovely sink unit that. Love ply edges.

AlexSimon

kayak23 – Member

Lovely sink unit that. Love ply edges. Thanks kayak! I’ve wanted to do something with them for a while, now I’ve got to make 2 matching bathroom wall cupboards, so maybe I’ll be sick of them soon 🙂

IainAhh
    Free Member

Loving your sink unit Alex. Nice style and fine work.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yep really nice sink unit.

I made some workbenches in the garage. They’ll get doors eventually and be filled with crap.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Sheath for a whittling knife

qwerty
    Free Member

Not as high tech as some, but…

[/url]Two 9″ boards for the local cyclocross race. by martinddd[/url], on Flickr[/img]

See them at http://www.lovecrossed.co.uk 29/01/17

😀

AlexSimon

Nice work Querty – Is that a Rapha camouflage pattern to try and thin the field 😉

kayak23

Made me girlfriend a new door for her allotment shed as the old one had rotted from a leaking roof.

It’s made from beech, salvaged from an old work bench and the window is Oak with bits of broken red glass set into clear resin.

It’s not actually legit tongue and grooved, but thin ply applied to thick ply for that effect.

She likes kind of wibbly wobbly imperfect things (not sure how I should feel about that…) and so I tried to make it a bit bendy, wavy, wobbly style…

The view out.
    Broken glass in resin and a bent wire grille on the outside.

AlexSimon

She likes kind of wibbly wobbly imperfect things (not sure how I should feel about that…)

Gives more room for deterioration lol.
    You’re not the only one. My wife doesn’t like that bathroom cabinet I made – too crisp and contemporary. She keeps asking me to make stuff from driftwood, but we don’t have room to hoard stuff on the off-chance.

kayak23

You just have to make beautiful crisp and contemporary things for her, then leave them outside for 12 months… 😆

dan1980
    Free Member

I made a dog lead….

AlexSimon

And a nice photo too!

jairaj

Alex that sink unit is lovely. Its right up my street, if your wife doesn’t like it I’ll happily have it 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What the Japanese call waby sabi kayak.

Speeder

Here’s my contribution to the thread. Ok I didn’t “make” it in the true sense of the word, that I have to credit to some guy in Taiwan, but I did design it and I’ve just polished it.

Meet the URP Moto disc brake belt drive BMX prototype in its raw state. It’s getting built up at the weekend and will be hitting the track for testing soon.

letmetalktomark

Need more details on that Speeder 8)

Speeder

I’ll put some decent shots and flesh out the details once it’s built and ready to go but for now I’ll say the brief was to design a frame that could accommodate a disc brake, through axle and allow the use of a belt drive without having to split one of the stays. Oh it also needed to work in both aluminium and carbon and have some form of chain/belt length adjustment.

The solution was to use the width and clamp the chain tug between the chain and seat stays. It’s got adjusters and 140mm post mounts integrated into the tugs and can accommodate anything from a 10mm bolt to a 20mm through axle at the traditional 110mm BMX hub width.

I call it the Möbius dropout.

colp

I made underfloor heating for our guinea pigs.
    Motorbike heated grip matts under their bedroom floor sandwiched by ply.
    These are fed through an eBay Chinese thermostat with an external probe sensor, set at 11c.
    That’s fed by a spare 12v/2a power adapter.
    Keeps their floor dry and their bedroom at a constant temperature in all weather.

kayak23

I made underfloor heating for our guinea pigs

There’s a nice irony in that somewhere. Traditionally they are kept under beds for warmth in Peru etc. Not for pets mind 😯

bubs

I built a two chamber bat box from a single plank of sawn wood this afternoon and then fitted it high on the side of our house after using power tools at the top of a sketchy ladder. Given I don’t normally know which end of a hammer to use I am pretty chuffed with the end result – I just hope the local bats will be too later in the year. I definitely need to build stuff more often.

tjagain

Its a DIY bathroom and I did pay someone to do the tiling but I did the rest and am rather proud of it. Its also very difficult to photograph
    IMG_0002 by TandemJeremy[/url], on Flickr

IMG_0001 by TandemJeremy[/url], on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

That’s come out v well tj. You should be rightly proud of that.

tjagain

Thanks.

welshfarmer

A couple of months back now I had to rebuild this trailer after it collapsed bringing silage bales home. It needed a complete new bed and supporting frame so I took the opportunity to lengthen it by 18″ and widen it by 12″ to make a bit more useful and a bit more stable on the banks. Took a fair bit of trig to work out the new position of the tipping ram I can tell you! I also made a rear extension to carry extra bales but that isn’t fitted in the photos.

tjagain

Trigonometry eh? A few years ago I needed to do some and could I remember how to do it? could I heck! thats good

Albanach
    Free Member

Trailer looks class but the farm and view behind look even better!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 4,505 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.