• This topic has 4,400 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,401 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • ourmaninthenorth

Wonderful. All of you.

*wanders off to decide to make* (after I’ve made time)

maccruiskeen

Ebygomm…..I WANT!! Can you buy them?

WANT WANT WANT!

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

A berm at my local trail.

A fool of myself falling off my bike.

Bunnyhop

ebygomm – I’ve seen many sock puppet type toys at a few craft fairs, however yours really are well made and I too would like one.
    the tortoise is realy lovely.

ebygomm
    Free Member

technically anything sold as a toy in the uk has to meet ce standards, not feasible to carry out the testing required for handmade things

molgrips
    Free Member

I made a long shoulder-level shelf for my garage which replaced a shelving unit ‘transforming the space’. I am still excited about what is effectively a new room. I will post pics when I get home.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m building a new bike – a sort of dream bike with a only few compromises.

maccruiskeen

technically anything sold as a toy in the uk has to meet ce standards, not feasible to carry out the testing required for handmade things

Don’t want it as a toy. I consider it an objet

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Last thing I successfully made was a foetus just before Christmas.
    Well, I didn’t actually make it, I just supplied a small ingredient 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Top.Dog
    Free Member

JB’s championship winning car for my sons Scalextric set

Haze

Aracer, that looks far too neat compared to the ones we used to build.

Nice transition though, looks sweet for popping a few ollies off 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

that looks far too neat compared to the ones we used to build.

It’s actually a lot more basic than what I found on Instructables! Birthday present for my 5yo son, before he injured himself using bits of wood on bricks.

passtherizla
    Free Member

aracer what’s the kicker for? I have several of different sized kickers I’ve made over the years, very useful for skating stuff thts way too big to ollie on to… great fun.

aracer
    Free Member

For a 5yo boy on a bicycle.

Here’s the best picture I have of it in use – 5yos won’t session jumps for the photographer!

portlyone

Bespoke “Buzz” word bingo sheets for our team meeting (50+ people)

porter_jamie

Flywheel puller for a mates rev and go. Nice bit of screwcutting if i say so myself!

domwells27
    Free Member

Jamie – Very nice indeed. Manual’d or CNC’d?

porter_jamie

All manual. I have a cnc, but for a one off it’s quicker on the manuals.

tang
    Free Member

This is an excellent thread, creative and inspiring. I made a batch of panir cheese yesterday,

StuF

I put this together for Mrs F to show off some of her photos

deborahfaulkner.co.uk

porter_jamie

Made a washer for a thomsom post bolt because i managed to lose one.

yunki
    Free Member

porter_jamie

quick and dirty freewheel tool to get a white industries freewheel off. the bought one didn’t work, the dogs didn’t quite line up properly and it kept slipping off.

idea is you take the axle out and the ‘boss’ bit goes in the id of the freewheel and helps keep it concentric. worked perfectly. rough looking finish because i had to handball a radius on a manual machine by turning x and y handles at the same time – couldn’t be bothered to program the cnc for a one off!

cynic-al
    Free Member

machining is fun.

richmars

This morning, me and my mate Husky made a chair and a coffee table.

zokes
    Free Member

I made the driver of this Nissan Patrol rather embarrassed when he realised the person out of our group who had the snatch strap was driving what he termed ‘a toy 4wd’. Needless to say, I wasn’t particularly gentle yanking him out…

Not sure it really counts as making anything, but I thought it was manly enough to qualify

willard

Just repaired the aerial on my car using a multi-tool and some Sugru. Got to love formable silicone, got to hate lugging kayaks onto a roof rack.

crankboy
    Free Member

My son’s less impressed than I’d hoped .

porter_jamie

vintage racing car valve rocker

colournoise

A new veg/fruit garden.

slainte 😀 rob

ourmaninthenorth

And for a contribution to my own thread, a gate to prevent Toddler North escaping down the side of the house.

Must creosote it and the (40 year old elm) fence. When it STOPS RAINING!

kayak23

..and so, it is with a heavy heart, that I must accept, that my sock monkey is…… a bit s7it…

McHamish
    Free Member

I made our current kitchen…well ripped out the old one and fitted the new one.

Should have taken pictures of before and during…ripping out the old one practically destroyed the kitchen walls. Wouldn’t notice it now…given that the only things I make at work a poorly thought out and inapproproate jokes during meetings, I was quite please with myself.

Maybe I should take a picture of me in the kitchen
    looking smug.

When I was at college doing engineering I made a pressure air driven piston out of aluminium, it produced the highest RPM. Haven’t got any pictures of that, but I think the college should have put it in the trophy cabinet in the main reception…they refused though.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

No impressive machining skills were required for this (in fact I displayed no skill when making it whatsoever)and it is functional rather than impressive but I felt quite pleased with what I could do with a cheap fork clamp and a bit of old fence post:

Fits in the back of the car lovely and appears to work OK.

porter_jamie

“alpine link” for a marin

joao3v16
    Free Member

An egg sandwich.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Last thing I made was either a Lego car or a Lego tank last night, both as simple as poss. to show junior how Lego sued to be before they had all the custom shapes, and how imagination works wonders.

No photos as he took them both apart for his next project.

Dancake
    Free Member

An Electronic drum module. Did the PCB with a sharpie pen; took ages.

100_3194 by Dancake2010, on Flickr

I even wrote a blog about it 😳

psychobiker
    Free Member

This is the last thing I made, over a year ago, but hoping to start a new project soon.

Full build thread here. http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=611781&highlight=making+an+archtop+guitar

Enjoy

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.