Home Forums Bike Forum What colour should hubs be?

• This topic has 59 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • What colour should hubs be?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Do you always pedal downhill? :lol: arrgghhh, can’t get away from this bee!

ivantate
    Free Member

I used to be black with black spokes.

But if I have the luxury of buying wheels again I will give this some serious thought.

noltae
    Free Member

Whichever colour you choose invariably some short ammount of time later you’ll flirt with the idea that a different colour may have been nicer/ worked better . .

DezB
    Free Member

I think my Tripster’s road wheels look lovely. Black carbon weave front hub and silver rear. Certainly nicer than the dark brown of the Allroads!

So one of each is the answer :D

munrobiker
    Free Member

Black and silver are the only permissible colours for any parts that aren’t the frame or forks. And you really have to put some serious thought into the colour of forks if you don’t want black.

Hubs look better in black on modern mountain bikes, same for spokes.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Hubs should be the same colour as the headset and seatpost clamp.

Daffy

Depends:

I have black *6, pink *5, red *2, mango *2 and silver*5.  They all look great on the right bike.

andykirk
    Free Member

Sorry chaps it’s silver or nothing.

Otherwise you are adding a colour that is not necessary and it is then just fashion.

nickc

Hubs should be the same colour as the headset and seatpost clamp.

Top bearing is black, bottom bearing is orange, seat clamp us knackered and scratched, but used to be black…

So, silver then? 😊

funkmasterp

Black bike components are ugly and smell of penny pinching, depression and teenage goth’s bedrooms.

Metal is supposed to be shiney and to reflect the light.

Rusty has it. Are you all riding to a funeral?

malv173
    Free Member

Ooh, Ta11pau1, that Ti Orange is soooo beautiful! They’ve got one (number one, actually) in JE James in Sheffield. It nearly made me cry, as I’ll be very unlikely to ever afford one!

OP, sounds like orange would work for your build, but if you change frames regularly you may want to be sensible and go black. Plenty of other ways to add colour.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh like youd love the e4s on my Ibis.

Orange cause they were cheaper

Klunk
    Free Member

gold FTB

austen

Silver.  Bike wheels should be silver because they are lighter and faster.

I may have a skewed view of these things though, as I view black shoes as heavy and slow and are therefore banned (bike or non-bike).

swavis

Anything but silver, they just look crap. Like they’re off a such a cheap supermarket BSO that they couldn’t even be bothered to anodise the hubs.

woodster

Surprised so many people aren’t liking polished hubs. In an ideal world my Chris Kings would be the polished silver, but since I can’t afford new ones I’ve got the weird Pewter, slightly purple colour instead.

I really like the grey/blue colour of my Goldtecs on my fixie.

edhornby

problem with coloured hubs is that they never quite match the colours on the frame / fork so it looks like you tried and failed

I tend to go for black on an MTB because all the other stuff (rims, groupset, finishing kit) are usually black and the silver doesn’t work with the lairy colours on the frame

ashweee
    Free Member

On my new-ish transition scout I went for silver hubs and changed the rim graphics to silver too, really happy with the way it came out.

Not the best picture because it’s covered in mud.

rocketman
    Free Member

Silver hubs with silver spokes on black rims with white stickers and white forks is a good look *cough*

Me old Metropolis had highlighter yellow hubs

wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sbob
    Free Member

Clear or GTFO.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What colour should hubs be?’ is closed to new replies.