Home Forums Bike Forum Wedding ring – not wearing but keeping on me when cycling?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Wedding ring – not wearing but keeping on me when cycling?
  • mick_r

Another for the married a long time and never had one camp. Mind made up as a 17 year old apprentice, working with a guy with a teardrop shaped ring and a missing finger (he’d been up some racking looking for something and jumped down…..). Also ditched wearing a watch at work having snagged a few. 

zerocool

This reminds me that I need to find mine. We moved house in July and it must be in a drawer somewhere. The wife’s is on the same leather cord, she hasn’t worn hers since she was pregnant 6 years ago and her hands swelled. It’s only with mine so that it didn’t get lost. I’m not a ring wearer really, my dad nearly lost his hand in an engine shortly after he got married due to his ring and so I didn’t grow up with men wearing rings. 

cookeaa

Never understood…

franksinatra

Flipping thing around. I’ve been wearing a platinum ring for 20 years and never really given it a second thought. I’ve not suffered any terrible injuries. I’m not pervious about wearing it but it’s never occurred to me to take it it off 

ElShalimo

15 years for us in January and my digit looks like Reeksy’s but the ring does come off with a little encouragement.

I’ve been considering getting a brushed Ti ring for my right hand but was slightly worried about the practicalities. However I work at a desk and am a crap rider/climber etc so it’ll probably be okay

Has anyone got a SS ring? I saw one recently and thought it was nice

scotroutes

Each to his own I guess.

SSRINGsig

Are you the baddies?

ElShalimo

Stainless Steel

Half a Kiss ring is no good to me

Speeder

Mine (Ti obvs) is currently in the van. I take it off when riding as a find it uncomfortable. It’s been in there for a while as my finger has nearly recovered it’s normal shape. Was tempted by a silicone substitute but haven’t gotten around to it yet. the wife hasn’t commented, not sure she’s bothered either way.

iainc

a long time ago I was working on a drill ship in the North Sea, a chap came down the stairs behind me in bad weather, lost his balance, hand was on handrail.  When he got up his ring has removed pretty much his full finger….  I have never worn mine when on the bike, or doing anything sport activity related.

zerocool

I really wanted a ti ring (because it’s ti, the dream of all MTBers) but the jewellers said that they can’t be stretched or resized like most other materials, so we went with palladium (I wish I’d just got a steel ring to save money, but at least it looks just like a cheap plumbing washer so if I lose it I can sneakily replace it for about a quid😉).

freeagent
    Free Member

Growing up my Dads wedding ring was always on his car keys – it is pretty deformed due to being removed in hospital after crushing his hand between a cast iron bath and the wall whilst renovating their first home.

A few years ago we did a 4×4 trip across Morocco and to cut a long story short my mate partially degloved his finger after catching it on a bolt, and i had to hacksaw the ring off prior to a 5 hour drive to hospital.

My wedding ring now lives on my car keys – just like my Dads.

My wife rarely wears hers either – she’s a science teacher and is convinced she’s going to loose it down the sink in a lab at some point!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.