Viewing 40 posts - 6,201 through 6,240 (of 8,695 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • ElShalimo

Thanks @kilo and @tthew

That PRX auto is lovely

igm

I would do a photo @ElShalimo, I even took one of the Alpinist on my wrist. I just have no way of posting it on here.

ElShalimo

I use https://postimages.org/

Use the direct link method

Kryton57

igm

igm

No kilt though.

igm

Deleted

igm

This is the strap I used

Clanville Vintage Horween Chromexcel Leather Dress Watch Strap – Black

Difficult to photograph shiny things well.

igm

Bit of post processing…

ElShalimo

@igm – that’s lovely

igm

Not the most expensive watch I own, but definitely the prettiest.
    and my wife got me it for my 50th.

walowiz

@igm great looking seiko, like that a lot.

Kryton57

That Alpinist is lovely!!!

Under the pretence of testing out postimage, what do you reckon, NATO or Jubilee for upmarket beach wear:

Nato:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ojG8gF]IMG_3706[/url]

Jubilee:

Ah yes postimage is easier…

kilo

what do you reckon, NATO or Jubilee for upmarket beach wear:

wtf is an upmarket beach / upmarket beach wear? Why is it even a thing? Wear what you prefer.

Kryton57

😀

Looks good when coming out of the pool and sidling up to a bar in a fancy hotel?

It was a tongue in cheek post hinting at my earlier weeks indecisiveness, I was playing with Flickr vs postimage. Perhaps a bit too subtle.

Kryton57

Re the Aplinist – is that a full size Alpinist or the 38?

kilo

Looks good when coming out of the pool and sidling up to a bar in a fancy hotel?

There’s not a watch, let alone just a strap, that could help me with that manoeuvre!!! 😉

ctk
    Free Member

@kryton57 the ChrWard is really nice. Get rid of every other watch and wear that one all the time. 😉

ElShalimo

I ordered a Tissot Visodate (quartz) the other day in the sale to see if it was as nice as a Tissot I had in the 90s.

It’s a nice watch and with a better strap, it would be lovely but the second hand doesn’t line up with the minute markers. A cheap Citizen will do that all day long!!  Very disappointing – the stock image shows is slightly out. My OCD can’t cope with that.

igm

Re the Aplinist – is that a full size Alpinist or the 38?

It’s the 38mm (the one I linked to on the last page) but no rotating bezel so you get a big clear dial even on the smaller case.

derek_starship
    Free Member

That Tissot looks cheap and a bit nasty TBH. And you don’t need OCD to be upset by the misalignment issue. Send. Back.

PS What’s with the awful font?

igm

Is it a one movement per second or multi-movement per second second-hand?

Makes all the difference.

Except for the font. The font is awful.

CountZero

Let’s be honest, nobody needs them these days, we have them because we like them.

Might be true for some, but I find it a PITA having to drag my phone out of my pocket, check to see which way round it is then check the time, especially if I’m wearing a longish coat, when instead I can just look at the timepiece I have on my wrist. TBF, at least with my current phone it has an always-on-display, so it doesn’t have to be woken up to see the time, but wrist watches were specifically developed during WW1 so that troops didn’t have to fish around for a fob-watch in a button-down pocket. Why has utility taken a backseat to fashion? Is it because then everyone can see what a superduper whizzy, huge phone you’ve got? Why not have it clipped to your belt, make it even easier for everyone to be slack-jawed with amazement… 🙄

I’ve worn a watch for around sixty years, it’s far easier to see the time with one than a phone, especially somewhere like a dark cinema or theatre, where a sudden bright light will annoy people.

/edit – the Hardex crystal on my Seiko SP043RK has some significant scratches on it, I’d very much like a decent sapphire with A/R coating fitted – who’s the best, reasonably priced option for getting it done? It’s running fine otherwise, it’s actually not been worn an awful lot, mainly because of running machinery and then working around cars a lot I didn’t want to risk bashing it, it’s a fairly large case, and a bit vulnerable. Now I’m no longer working, it’s now getting a lot more use. It’s probably my favourite, due to the Sinn-like clarity.

neilnevill
    Free Member

The automatic visodate is a lovely watch.

ElShalimo

I think it’s a heritage font

The auto versions look great on YouTube

Kato

https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watches/new-watches

2023 Rolex

Thumbs up for the 40mm Explorer 1

Thumbs down for the horrendous OP with the bubbly dial

Harry_the_Spider

Thumbs down for the horrendous OP with the bubbly dial

What were they thinking?

Kato

Certainly no future classic that one!

Kryton57

Just popped in to say the Casioak has been returned.

I turned up at an industry thing today to bump into one of my ex colleagues. He was wearing a new Tissot Seastar chrono – bloody hell it was enormous!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Thumbs up for the 40mm Explorer 1

I’d 100% order one of these for my 50th b’day present to myself, if Rolex could just stop being assholes and actually make them available to buy at published retail prices rather than all skulduggery they insist on.

ElShalimo

Certainly no future classic that one!

Mr Blobby will like it though

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Sourced the correct bracelet for my Omega to replace the janky aftermarket one it came with, at great expense. Well worth it though, feels lovely.

watch

also a watch

wait4me

^ that’s a beauty.

polarisandy
    Free Member

<a href=”http://

Oh dear, joined the watch thread.

Kato

Lovely Omega!

I do like a Visodate but I prefer the older 40mm ones that had much nicer dial next.  Still have mine. Was my wedding watch so is a keeper.

Kato

@polarisandy Speedy friends!  Absolutely love mine

@Blazin-saddles
    that is literally my perfect watch.  Thought an OP would satisfy me but it didn’t

polarisandy
    Free Member

Nice watches Kato. Enjoying it.

nicko74

Watch buying/ selling question for the assembled experts – specifically when looking at secondhand watches. How do you get a measure of *actual* prices for watches, like a popular Rolex, or a nice Tudor or something?
    Taking a Tudor Heritage Chrono, for example, Chrono24 has a lot listed at about $4k, but they all just sit there unsold for week after week. Clearly there’s a lot of sellers who think their watch is “worth” $x, and so stubbornly hold on at that valuation despite it not selling. Anecdotally a mate reckons the actual price to buy/ sell them is closer to $2.5k.

For things on ebay, you can search for sold items, to see what the actual selling prices of items were; is there anything similar for the used watch market?

boblo
    Free Member

Picfest!

Just had my Sub serviced at Calibre. A1 so far, just need to confirm timekeeping. It was gaining 15s per 24hrs before.

Result:

Service:

nicko74

Excellent that they take photos! Looks mint, too

Viewing 40 posts - 6,201 through 6,240 (of 8,695 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.