Home Forums Bike Forum Vauxhall combo xl

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Vauxhall combo xl
  • bikerevivesheffield

Does anyone here have one?

Xl

7 seater

fossy

There are some Berlingo/Rifter owners here which is the same vehicle.

bikerevivesheffield

Yep

bikerevivesheffield

Only after info on the XL version though

fossy

Like what ?  Might help if you have the questions to pose ?

bikerevivesheffield

Mainly down to the rear area

The rear 2 seats – they come out but what’s left – is it a hole in the floor or a strut stuck up?

Can seat 2 of the 3 middle row come out independently of the other 2 or just folded over

If folded, does role again in to the footwell like the previous gen Berlingo?

90% of the time I’d run it with 4 seats ready to be sat in with a 5th to be popped in the rear row. Is this possible?

Can the adblue issue be negated by a remap or is the petrol engine variant better?

Boot opening, can it take a bike with front wheel on or is it too low?

mesh

Based on my XL Berlingo:

Rear row leave small holes in the floor when removed, so effectively flat floor.

Middle seats independently fold flat, kind of concertina-ing into each footwell. So no problem to have any two up in the second row with one to added as fifth seat in rear.

Not encountered AdBlue issues in the three years we’ve had ours, FB groups I’m on suggest there are people who will map it out if that’s the path you want to take, no experience of the petrol in terms of viability with a fully laden car/van.

Can fit my enduro 29er in the back with rear seat out and one middle row seat flat, just wheeled straight in.

bikerevivesheffield

Cool, sounds good so far ?? pic of the bike in the car?

Ambrose

Why map out the ad blue?

mesh

20200913_102045

mesh

Not the enduro, but that’s 2x 26ers, plus two kids bikes, with one middle and one rear seat in.

kitchener
    Free Member

You’ll get pretty much any bike in. Had a 7 seater and a 5 too, was just moaning about the diesel on another forum. Some models have 3 independent mid-row seats that each go flat, some have a 60/40 split. Either way it works, massive boot.  There is an upper ledge by the ‘barn door’ boot that I catch my bars on every bloody time I chuck my main bike in, but that’s me being impatient when i’m heading out for a ride.

Boot is a nice place to sit with the door open too, i.e. when raining. The floor on the 7-seater has some gaps for the rear row seats to click into, they’re not big. The 5 seater doesn’t. But the steel frame removable seats are chunky hefty things to move about – not light at all.

Finally, avoid Vx main dealers. It’s like walking into the Apprentice, chancey bunch who are light on detail and experience.  The one at Macc is known for it.

bikerevivesheffield

Mapping the adblue out as it seems like it’s the source of issues

seriousrikk

When the middle seats are folded, how flat do they go, and how secure are they?

fossy

I’d recommend an ad-blue additive to stop crystallisation. I’m looking at a Pug/Citroen 2.0 HDI next year (Traveller sized).

mikertroid
    Free Member

The petrol engine has a wet belt and has a very poor reputation for self destruction.

Go diesel and nurse the adblue with additives or map out, whichever suits your conscience….

jwh
    Free Member

I have a 2l auto  vivaro elite lwb with 7 seats and the weird table console in the middle.

The seast can slide all the way from front to back – but they can only be in a seated position in some sections.
    They are easy to remove – although they never have any good handles on them.

electric doors are nice – but the slider occasonally stops it from closing :(

I’ve taken out the 2 2nd row seats and moved the 3 seater to the middle as it more usefull for me – the 2 seats live in my gaage until we do a long journey or require extra seating

When they are folded they are flat – but do no fold up and out of the way ( like in the ford tourneo custom – but they did not slide!)

With the 2nd row of seats in i can just get my s4 specialized stumpjumer evo in length ways with the bars turned. It has to go front wheel in first as the bars are too tall for the tailgate section.
    With the seats moved all the way forward – there is very little leg room.
    If i put the bike in on an angle the seats can remian in a good position

bikerevivesheffield

Sounds awesome ? but not a combo sadly

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.