Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • wwaswas

skimmed that roadbikereview forum post.

rollercoaster.

6 years to get a court judgment then the implication that the frame builder faked their own death to avoid paying up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Press release or not stw and pinkbike should probably do some editorial and ask them where people’s bikes are.

wwaswas

That’s not the sort of journalism you see from the Bicycle Media.

Del

You’d think they’d at least have some awareness of what’s going on though, and not make themselves party to it?

AlexSimon

sb
    Alex Simon… my frame? What the **** are you on about????
    This ilustrates my point exactly! Pointless jumping to (wrong) conclusions.

You’re right. Please accept my apologies. I remember you posting a link to a frame for sale, but now I see that you said it wasn’t yours. Again – sorry.

longmover
    Free Member

I will happily kick them whilst they are down. What really gets me is all the people waiting for frames whilst they doing new drops, bringing out new models and spouting their fighty attitude on Instagram yet when they are confronted about their absolutely awful service they block people. They dish it out but can’t take it, I for one would love for them to actually try to justify their actions in a setting where they can’t just delete negative voices or block people.

chiefgrooveguru

“10 grand …guitars”

Were you thinking it was 10k from one purchaser? It wasn’t, it was lots of amounts of a few hundred odd to maybe 1k from lots of bassists. It ran on for years, he kept ‘selling’ to new people.

mick_r

Must be a titanium thing. Some of these guys have been waiting over a decade…..

https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/matt-chester-714775.html

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Using PayPal express and Stripe for Payments, Transfer and Refunds is not cutting it. We keep getting *random* (wink wink nudge nudge) holds from PayPal on funds.

So, paypal and stripe have cancelled Sicks merchant accounts then?

mickmcd
    Free Member

Were you thinking it was 10k from one purchaser?

No I actually though 10 grand from lots of people each, I am about as musically talented as a big brush so don’t follow those circles but I do follow a guy who machines guitars out of solid ally so figured 10k a pop might be plausable.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Thread still going strong!
    Things turn from “unhappy” to “very unhappy” right now.
    Trash grade? Sick is an T-shirt maker and nothing more?

tomhoward

So, paypal and stripe have cancelled Sicks merchant accounts then?

Or sick don’t want them awarding refunds without their say so?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a bit like when the dodgy takeaway that no one really uses puts a sign in the window saying “Sorry, we’ve got a problem with our card machine. Cash only”

The only problem is that their cash flow is so stuffed, they can’t pay the card fees.

Not that such a thing is happening to the most happening bike brand on the UK scene…

scottfitz
    Free Member

They dish it out but can’t take it, I for one would love for them to actually try to justify their actions in a setting where they can’t just delete negative voices or block people.

This! As a owner of a sick frame this is the reason I wouldn’t buy another one.

For context 2 of my friends also have sick frame, 2 of the 3 of us are happy with the frames we purchased but the way they treated/communicated with the 3rd* is dogshite.

*he hasn’t posted his story/saga on STW.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Still kicking off over on PinkBike forums

cokie

Was just doing analysis on Socialblade for something unrelated which reminded me of Sick, so i had a quick look at their profile.

Turns out they’ve gained a bit a bit of traction recently and continuing their substantial growth. All publicity is good publicity, right? Meanwhile the Pinbike saga continues

joecantello
    Free Member

@cokie this is great to see.
    I’d just like to say well done to the Singletrack and Pinkbike trolls on boosting Sick’s reputation.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d just like to say well done to the Singletrack and Pinkbike trolls on boosting Sick’s reputation.

It’s a bit like going to see a Jackass movie, not laughing with them, laughing at them.

butterbean
    Free Member

Firstly, as number one fanboi, congratulations on digging up an old post.

And given by the hammering they have been getting on Pinkbike, when their reputation is at gutter level, I guess the only way is up. If only success in life was measured as a number of followers huh? Mind you, with the latest bits on on there dragged up from Dumber & Dumber’s past, we can assume most of the IG followers are bought, or bots. In other words, a sham, like the hundreds, and hundreds of frames they have sold already, and the hundreds awaiting delivery.

Have they already gone pop now anyway? There has been radio silence for weeks. Given their total narcissistic desires, that’s literally a lifetime for them.

Or maybe Dim has got lost in the massive warehouse of frames they have.

Poopscoop

I heard UBYK are talking over Sick?😉

That’ll improve matters no end.😆

mashr

I had noticed that their insta hasn’t dropped a banger in over 2 weeks now (and a couple of comments on the last post are good uns)

Gotama
    Free Member

What happened to the Singletrack article that Hannah was supposedly writing on Sick? I don’t buy the mag so it may have been published in there.

bigyim
    Free Member

He did a live video stream the other week. But couldn’t be bothered to sit and listen and he didn’t save it afterwards. Their latest post has a comment at the top slagging them off which hasn’t been deleted. Doesn’t look too healthy for sick

joecantello
    Free Member

@butterbean
    I love it how you call me “No. 1 Fanboi” because I own 1 of their bikes. So I take it because I also own a Knolly, a Chromag, a Santa Cruz and a Cinelli then that makes me a fanboi’s of all these brands.

GROW THE **** UP YOU SNIVELLING TROLL

simonloco
    Free Member

Having read the whole thread & from what i’ve seen/heard from other sources i’m surprised anyone would associate themselves with the company or defend them in any way, what’s the deal Joe?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tattoo, check shirt, cap. Far too cool for Singletrack Joe.

joecantello
    Free Member

@simonloco. I’ve bought one bike off them. Ever since then I have been trolled and received loads of homophobic abuse. All because I own one of their bikes.

butterbean
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here.

joecantello
    Free Member

@butterbean. Good to see you can use Instagram buddy. The shot was taken a year or so ago when I did some voluntary work for Sick at some shows. Nothing ever happened past that and I don’t even work in that industry anymore. As there’s a lot more money to be made in car sales.

martinhutch

He must think highly of them to look after their customers for them after just buying one bike. Kudos.

scotroutes

superfli
    Free Member

ROFL!

martinhutch

And good to see that he’s moved into a more trustworthy line of work.

dannyh
    Free Member

I did some voluntary work for Sick at some shows

And yet on the Instagram blurb they seem to be mapping out some kind of job progression – bit presumptive for voluntary work, no?

newworldlobster
    Free Member

murder she wrote eating a sneck

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Much as I can see the conflict of interest here and think it’s fair to call it out… I’d warn this (year old insta posts) is very much starting to look like the sort of thing that had the other thread closed folks so, before it gets that far, it might be wise to back off Joe, especially if as he says, there has been homophobic bullying too (don’t recall it personally and I’m not about to go looking).

[not a stealth mod but can see the way this is going]

honourablegeorge

Wonder which bike he bought – the prototype he was showing off in this article?

First Look: Sick Bicycle Co. Titanium DFA And A Look At The Future

Or the hardtail here?

https://www.instagram.com/sickbicycles/p/Bpcah1Pgp1z/?hl=af

vinnyeh

my god, rereading that article a year later…

sick-o-fan-tic.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They really don’t look too good do they?
    I’ve been researching a piece on crowdfunding and the editor has been rising his eyes at them.

funkmasterp

Netflix should do a series based around this. It could include the gnarpoon T-shirt’s

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.