Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Then slowly work your way away from this model, into one where you hold stock and customers don’t have to wait or gamble any more.

Only if your a slow dull old fat grandad MAN!!! Time to embrace the disruptive economy where the rules of common sense don’t apply 😉

cokie

Seems to me that they don’t want to take the risk with the capital expenditure or holding stock.
    Having the drop model means they can order the numbers based on orders received, so zero risk to them. Just slap on an additional few weeks* waiting time and take a lower margin, then people seem to accept it**.

– * Months/years
    – ** unless they aren’t transparent and lack CS

hols2
    Free Member

Wow that looks like a proper gopping BSO with those wheels.

Words fail me. Holy Christ that is an ugly POS.

AlexSimon

Only if your a slow dull old fat grandad MAN!!! Time to embrace the disruptive economy where the rules of common sense don’t apply 😉

lol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That looks like an old cannondale

thenorthwind

How many times when designing that frame did they think “ooh, that’s a bit flexy/snappy, better stick a brace in”? It’s practically a space frame!

tomhoward

Having the drop model means they can order the numbers based on orders received, so zero risk to them.

Until there are problems/delays and folk start asking for refunds…

willard

Leaving aside the retro 80’s mag-esq wheels for a moment, there’s something that just looks wrong with that frame. It’s too slack and, to me at least, it looks like the sag of the rider would make it like riding a downhill specific lowrider.

Apart from the chain length, is it really much different to this:

Rosetta Sport LA

hols2
    Free Member

Apart from the chain length, is it really much different to this

I think children would find the Harley quite stylish.

nicko74

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the old Taiwanese business model used to be save up enough for a batch of frames, generate a little hype on the way while they get built, then as soon as they are on a boat, start taking orders. As soon as you’ve got some firm orders and you see a pattern of which sizes/colours sell, then you place your second order which should arrive 2 months after the first frames hit the UK. […]
    Then slowly work your way away from this model, into one where you hold stock and customers don’t have to wait or gamble any more.

I’ve attended a fair few startup events, met various entrepreneurs etc, and it’s really noticeable the extent to which this sensible model is being absolutely binned. People, generally younger people, want their business to be successful instantly; and they keep being told that it’s the new normal. It’s totally mental; but they see companies like Uber (losing $3bn a year), Netflix (losing $2bn a year), even Faraday being lauded as the future of business and think they can run a business like that in the real world.

DanW
    Free Member

* This neglects the fact you can delete unfavorable comments 😀

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Words fail me. Holy Christ that is an ugly POS.

Yes. POS for sure.
    Looks ill.
    Sick…

tomhoward

* This neglects the fact you can delete unfavorable comments 😀

Only on their own social media. Might explain why some of their newer stuff doesn’t make it out of their IG.

mickmcd
    Free Member

POS = point of sale?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Are you making the Sleipnir frames mickmcd?  Will there be one at the bike show on 29th March? (I ask because I think you mentioned having blocks of aluminium and I just assumed they would be for the Sleipnir)

tomhoward

Are you making the Sleipnir frames mickmcd? Will there be one at the bike show on 29th March?

I’d be surprised if anything/one was there. iirc they managed to find an excuse to pull out of the last steel is real event, saying all their bikes were stuck/lost in America…

Poopscoop

Tubes and hardware before going to production.

Finished product.

** Note, pics may be the wrong way around.

PrinceJohn

Well – it’s not long low & slack… just slack.

It looks horrifically short too.

Drac

It looks horrifically short too.

DanW
    Free Member

I’d be even more p1ssed off if I had given them money to see them trolling everyone now with the cost and hideousness of those Spengle wheels. The large charred sections of the frames are a unique touch

mashr

Spengle wheels, NX groupset, nailed it.

tomhoward

I *think* the wheels are a promo thing funded by spengle, could be wrong though.

Bez

Well, who could blame the marketing brains at Spengle for wanting to ride on the coat-tails of this feelgood success story?

tomhoward

Well, who can blame Spengle’s marketing department for wanting to ride on the coat-tails of this feelgood success story?

They are exactly that, according to Instagram, as anything negative is deleted… it gets folk talking too. What was that saying about bad publicity?

Tbf, given their, let’s say challenging looks, they are probably falling over themselves to get pics out there of any bikes with them fitted, never mind ones with a cult following.

bedmaker

I’m not one to worry about how my bike looks, function rules. I habitually ruin bikes with mudguards, bags, odd bars, Ergon grips, etc.
    I’m riding it though, not trying to mak it look Instagood.

Buuuut, that is one ugly looking brute up there. Personally, the red grips, red anodised bits and reddish wheel decals, all in different shades, are the icing on a very unappetising cake.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

POS = point of sale?

Yes.
    Or no.
    Better:

POS song

alanl
    Free Member

Ii doesnt look strong enough to me at the headstock. Far too much force going through the head due to the long rake and short head tube.

PrinceJohn

Is it me – or does that bike look like it’s been photoshopped into the background?

stevied
    Free Member

Is it me – or does that bike look like it’s been photoshopped into the background?

Yep, I thought that too..🤔

hols2
    Free Member

I’m not one to worry about how my bike looks, function rules.

Yes, but as far as I can tell, no professional reviewer has ridden any of their bikes and written about the experience so I’m assuming the functionality is in the same ballpark as the looks.

wwaswas

Don’t come on here with your ‘very experienced journalist actually quite liked it for doing it what it was designed for’ links.

Rubber_Buccaneer
    Poopscoop

Would his review have been as good if he never got the frame to actually review?

That’s a better way of thinking of it. 😉

tomhoward

I don’t have a problem with the bikes themselves, the ones that exist anyway(sick don’t make them, remember), just the appalling way the company is run/people are getting mugged off.

hols2
    Free Member

Thanks for the links, I obviously need to upgrade my Google skills. Reviews pretty much as expected – pretty niche product with too many compromises for all-round riding.

dirkpitt74

My mate has a Ghost Wulf – which is actually pretty good.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I also find comparing the reviews quite interesting, very much a reminder to try stuff for yourself.  Both reviews are of the same bike yet

Bike Radar

the skinny, curved, A-frame seatstays give the back end the smoothest, most forgiving ride of any hardtail I’ve ever tested

Enduro Mag

Too stiff at the back, very harsh chainstays

tomhoward

Hadn’t seen the enduro mag review before. interesting the Guy said its the comfiest HT he’s ridden, where enduro said ‘Too stiff at the back, very harsh chainstays’.

Maybe Guy is more comfortable with something stiff.

Edit, beaten to it!

jameso

Bike Radar

the skinny, curved, A-frame seatstays give the back end the smoothest, most forgiving ride of any hardtail I’ve ever tested

Enduro Mag

Too stiff at the back, very harsh chainstays

… comments on rear end compliance and which tubes are responsible, on a bike with a tiny rear triangle like that? I think the variation in perception says it all.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.