Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • Klunk
    Free Member

love the idea of a super hardcore hardtail with dirty great big ugly front mudguard #sosickman

forked
    Free Member

£80.00 to test ride them? Strewth.

It’s not really a worry for the likes of Specialized et al, but when you’re a brand with the image and exclusivity of Sick Bike Co. then there’s the real possibility of people taking liberties.

I think what they were trying to dissuade with the £80 fee is the average Singletrackworld-man turning up, only to then use the bike for a photoshoot that’ll enhance his Instagram.

A similar practice has been happening in the fashion industry for some time now.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/return-clothes-online-shopping-instagram-outfit-of-the-day-retailer-uk-a8486471.html

nuke

I think what they were trying to dissuade with the £80 fee is the average Singletrackworld-man turning up, only to then use the bike for a photoshoot that’ll enhance his Instagram.

You think the average STW man is likely to want to do this??? 😂 Given Sicks main social presence of late is IG with all their thousands of followers, i think thats where you should be pointing the finger for those they want to dissuade… although, if it raises Sicks profile, i doubt they’d want to dissuade it 🤘

longmover
    Free Member

They are probably charging £80 so they can repaint it after every ride due to the paint having fallen off.

scuttler

repaint it after every ride

New paint new model!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

when you’re a brand with the image and exclusivity of Sick Bike Co

Struggling to think of another brand with such an, erm, exclusive image…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So exclusive our customers don’t even have them 😉

mickmcd
    Free Member

Delorean

Drac

iDave.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I’m confuddled by the demo bbike thing..
    normally a demo ‘rental’ means the customer gets that rental cost back against a purchase.
    How will it work in this case.. or just more people spending money on things that may or may not exist?

sharkattack

I’ve seen the Delorean comment a few times now. The main difference between John Delorean and anyone from Sick is that he was incredibly successful before he launched his particular lead balloon.

scuttler

Did Delorean have a tattoo parlour aswell? Delorean definitely a cooler surname than Chaos. No idea if either is made up.

dinde111
    Free Member

Ordered gnarcissist Luxe titanium from sick bicycles on 23.03.2018. It was a very lengthy, confusing and somehow worrying process as it seemed like no one knew what was going on. Been following them on social media and knew they’re just starting off at the time and things are going to be bumpy. Been told it’s 40 day lead time from the day I paid. Promised manufacturing updates, pics etc. All very promising and great but obviously that never happened.
    I’ve been very patient and understanding and wasn’t bothering them with “Where’s my frame” messages as some customers did that they were complaining about on social media.
    I asked and paid, and they agreed to add a personal touch (few numbers etched on the tube) on the frame that later turned out that one of them forgot to put it in the build manifest. So, that wasn’t happening.
    After placing the order I first queried about the frame on 21.05.2018. That was 60 days after the payment. Was told they’re waiting on the shipment and usual customs delays. After this they’ve directed all queries to then established customer service that I contacted on 30.05.2018 trying to find out about my order. Been told its all finished and waiting to be shipped to them from Asia and then to its customers but Jordan said that mine was in their hub and should be with me any day. During this time I asked Jordan a few times if there was an update on my frame on his live IG streams and he was surprised that the frame wasn’t with me yet. Told me it’s there and will be with me any day.
    Haven’t heard anything from them and queried about my order again on 28.06.2018. Was told by customer service that all outstanding orders are now made and going through process of QC, dispatch and shipping. Basically was told that it’s all ready to be shipped just going through final checks.
    … And I haven’t heard anything since….

On 16.01.2019 I queried about the order again.. Didn’t get any reply and on 22.01.2019 I requested a refund.
    Few days after that couple of customers raised their personal issues in dealing with them on private sick cartel group on Facebook and after unable to manage unhappy customers they’ve archived the group promising to sort this out ASAP. A few weeks passed and no contact from them.
    For next month lots of emails been sent in trying to get some kind of response on when the refund is going to be issued but they have just been beating around the bush. On 25.02.2019 I sent my final demand for my refund before I’m filling court proceedings against them.

… Haven’t heard from them since..

Yesterday they posted on IG about opportunity to demo a couple of their bikes and I queried if people that they owe money to would be able to demo them too.. No response. When I went back to search sick bicycles through IG search they wouldn’t show up…
    So,.. now they’ve blocked me from their IG page with no valid reason, owe me a lot of money and not responding to any messages..

.. This is turning out to be biggest fraud and scam of a century..

.. How do people like this sleep at night…

tomhoward

#hater

stevied
    Free Member

How do people like this sleep at night…

Comfortably in a silk sheets on a very expensive bed in a large house funded by other peoples money is my guess.

big_scot_nanny

I must admit that after ordering 2 Gnarpoon T-Shirts, I did get some pangs of guilt: kicking someone when their down, in-jokes almost like bullying, doing things behind their back…

However, consistent stories like that above just beggar belief – how can these guys still be in business? how can they still be allowed to be taking any money at all from the public? this is nuts!

sb
    Free Member

If you’ve not been done over by them then let it go, dont worry about it! Like 95% of the posters on these sick bicycles threads should do!
    I just really cannot get my head around how many grown(?) men are kicking off with ABSOLUTELY NO **** REASON!!!
    Oh, apart from living in the same area as Sick I’ve absolutely NO affiliation with them.

Drac

If you’ve not been done over by them then let it go, dont worry about it! Like 95% of the posters on these sick bicycles threads should do!
    I just really cannot get my head around how many grown(?) men are kicking off with ABSOLUTELY NO **** REASON!!!

Yeah it’s the I’m alright Jack attitude that makes us great again

tomhoward

U OK hun?

We’re not the ones shouting and screaming, sweetpea.

stevied
    Free Member

ABSOLUTELY NO **** REASON!!!

People have paid up for things that have not arrived and then been ignored/blanked when asking where their stuff is.
    Hardly a reason to kick off I suppose 🤔

franksinatra

This is turning out to be biggest fraud and scam of a century..

Perhaps a slight exaggeration, everyone knows the round earth theory is the biggest fraud and scam.

Anyway, stop fannying around and submit a claim through small claims process. You are not going to get your bike or refund so start the legal process instead. Why are you waiting, nothing is going to change?

AlexSimon

Oh, apart from living in the same area as Sick I’ve absolutely NO affiliation with them.

I take it you’ve sold your frame then?

1) If it wasn’t for threads like these, someone else might lose money.
    2) They give as good as they get and have made sweeping comments about the forum as a whole many times in the past. Many of the antagonistic posts on here are as a direct result of their own attitude when conducting themselves on this forum.

big_scot_nanny – to be honest, I don’t really see the t-shirt as a dig at Sick – just making the Gnarpoon name into a lame forum joke once again instead of a bad news story.

sb
    Free Member

The fact is it’s not your problem in the slightest if you haven’t been done over!!! Why feel the need to stir it up? Just smacks of school bullies. Or sheep.
    And Tom Howard you appear to be the type that will bitch and reply to anything at the drop of a hat…. why?

sb
    Free Member

Alex Simon… my frame? What the **** are you on about????
    This ilustrates my point exactly! Pointless jumping to (wrong) conclusions.

Drac

The fact is it’s not your problem in the slightest if you haven’t been done over!!!

Not at a personal level no just like if someone has their bike stolen isn’t. That does not mean it should be ignored just because it wasn’t my money they took.

Rubber_Buccaneer

apart from living in the same area as Sick I’ve absolutely NO affiliation with them

so why are you

kicking off with ABSOLUTELY NO **** REASON!!!

I have a frame, three t-shirts and a willingness to share my relatively not bad experience

duckman

SB has drunk the Sick Kool Aid. They have been sent on a sacred mission and promised a pair of the mythical Titanium handlebars for carrying out the holy mission of smiting the non-vomiters.

Its like this sweetie, and you seem to have trouble grasping this concept. This place is a community; I would rather people warned me about scammers (because that’s what they are, see above dinde111 post) That way, others can make a judgement on whether or not to invest in their ponzi kickstarter. It is one of the valuable services that this site provides. There are other mountain bike websites available, since it bothers you so much.

sb
    Free Member

I just find it silly that there’s so many opinions out there that really don’t need to be stirring the pot. And I’m far from ‘kicking off’ If I replied to every post that ruffled me I’d not get anything done in the day, I guess some people do have unlimited time through the working day in front of a screen and just post for the sake of it.

As you were…….

wwaswas

Their latest IG post seems to imply there are further delays for in progress orders as they’re changing frame builder again.

sb
    Free Member

Duckman…. oh dear…. you’re using someone else’s ‘funny’ quote now… Sheep!
    Brilliant post by the way, including immaturity, patronising and condescending all at once. At least you know never to buy a Sick frame now dont you? Because you were going to buy one weren’t you? Or weren’t you??

tomhoward

nd Tom Howard you appear to be the type that will bitch and reply to anything at the drop of a hat…. why?

Au contraire, my angry friend. I’m currently waiting on a set of brakes I ordered 6 months ago, and a set of cranks I ordered 3 months ago. Not once have I bitched or whinged about the wait, because I have been kept in the loop with regular updates, without having to chase. These companies haven’t avoided/blocked users who ask about delays on social media, nor have they claimed to be the saviours of the current bike industry and how much better they will be, before promptly, well, here we are.

Will you be telling all the IG fanbois to stop posting, as they don’t have frames either? Or is than not how it works? Do you have a frame? Should you stop posting? If only there were an easy way to stop all this negativity, eh?

FWIW, I was interested in the Sleipnir, but not after all the attitude from Tim, so bought something else instead. It wasn’t from a big manufacturer, infact possibly a smaller operation than sick, but it arrived within a week.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Au contraire, my angry friend. I’m currently waiting on a set of brakes

Didn’t Jordan get some ? I’m sure he posted some on Instagram once maybe I was wrong

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

An apology to the Op for my first post on this thread off the back of their coming back and actually posting something other than a link.

I can entirely see why your less than happy I’m just not keen on the way you posted in the first instance. I hope you get your money back.

tomhoward

Didn’t Jordan get some ? I’m sure he posted some on Instagram once maybe I was wrong

Only folk I know have some are on the Polygon DH team, or have the surname ‘Atherton’

mickmcd
    Free Member

Ah must have imagined it then he’s usually proper in tight with ze Germans

tomhoward

Ah must have imagined it then he’s usually proper in tight with ze Germans

Yeah, I think it’s Intend they have the relationship with, so might get in that way I guess.

chiefgrooveguru

Over in the bass guitar world, a custom cab builder managed to keep a scam running for a scarily long time: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/dr-bass-marc-serio-cab-builder-accepted-10k-in-payments-never-delivered-gear.603775/

big_scot_nanny

big_scot_nanny – to be honest, I don’t really see the t-shirt as a dig at Sick – just making the Gnarpoon name into a lame forum joke once again instead of a bad news story.

*hits like button*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reading the above from dinde111 and then seeing the uncritical promo guff here…

Sick Bicycles U.S Made Gnarpoon: Steel or Aluminum, Trail Or Downhill You Decide

Hmmm.

mickmcd
    Free Member

10 grand …guitars

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/bikes-frames-forks/beware-desperado-250560.html

Happens in the framebuilders bike world often

There’s more than just this

Cult of personality ….innitl

the uncritical promo guff here…

Don’t the company send that in and not the magazine that writes it, one of the guys on pink bike once told me how to do a press release in case I ever wanted to send it , pretty sure they publish it as written subject to a set of guidelines??

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.