Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • dirksdiggler
    Free Member

blocking access to the US aint an issue at this point

No, perhaps not for a business in its final death throws, but on a personal life perspective, would you want to have the USA removed from your holiday destinations list?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, perhaps not for a business in its final death throws, but on a personal life perspective, would you want to have the USA removed from your holiday destinations list?

Equally, if (a big one!) they claw things back from the brink, having that sort of thing against your name hardly helps your reputation!

Worked with someone a few years ago who was banned from flying on BA. When it became widely known, this was used to ridicule him, and undermine him professionally. Can the the same happening here.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Worked with someone a few years ago who was banned from flying on BA. When it became widely known, this was used to ridicule him, and undermine him professionally. Can the the same happening here.

Really he should be a hero.

However

I don’t think they can udermine themselves any further.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Really he should be a hero.

For abusing cabin crew? No, not a hero.

martinhutch

Don’t cross the Rubicon, it seems

Underrated classical reference. Have an imaginary upvote.

drlex
    Free Member

^ ditto, although wondering how many forumites had instead been thinking about sugary fruit drinks.

philxx1975
    Free Member

For abusing cabin crew? No, not a hero

No for getting an upgrade to a better airline,

hols2
    Free Member

on a personal life perspective, would you want to have the USA removed from your holiday destinations list?

Not only that, you can’t transit through any American airport because the US makes you (or at least used to) go through security even if you’re just transferring between flights. Or, if you’re flying to Canada or Mexico and get diverted because of bad weather, an aircraft problem, etc, and land in the US, you’re doomed.

chakaping
    Free Member

Underrated classical reference. Have an imaginary upvote.

+1

Glad someone’s working to pull this thread out of the doldrums.

colp

Worked with someone a few years ago who was banned from flying on BA.

BA never liked flying anyway, Murdoch always had to trick him.

bigwill
    Free Member

Just to add another conspiracy theory, but has anyone else noticed that ever since everything has gone quiet on Sicks IG account, strangely everything has also gone quiet on here and PB, maybe it was always them fuelling the conversation on both these forums all along, in some weird reverse psychology bike selling technique that tragically backfired, or maybe everyone just got bored and went an rode their bikes.

tomhoward

Or that there’s no more bullshit to comment on…

Can’t wait for the next post. Shouldn’t all the Taiwanese frames be here by now? What about the crowdfunded stuff? Has anyone else been paid/refunded without the pushing of PayPal or a credit card company?

Anything positive at all?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

But surely they are Ninja Stealth Marketing gods. This is inevitable, they give a tiny push and suddenly we do all the media hype and marketing for them just like Jordy told us:

Don’t forget folks:

Jordan explains how your new business can gain THOUSANDS of targeted followers on Instagram. This is NOT buying fake followers- Real people. P.S I manage my account on a day to day basis, I have real friendships, this only introduces new people to the business.

Do inject personality, sass, jazz… let us know the real you!

Do enjoy posting! Make friends!

Very useful piece on hashtags http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/in…I will continue to make this content however, donations will let me upgrade my equipment and produce more content

So he’s made friends and we’ve got to know the real him. Makes you wonder how useful his advice is or if in fact this is what he really intended all along and is his new installation for the tate Modern.

johnx2
    Free Member

intrview

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Indeed a very true and telling cartoon strip.
    Notice the lack of bikes.
    And Blackhat’s overwhelming air of smugness.

beaterdit
    Free Member

“Indeed a very true and telling cartoon strip.
    Notice the lack of bikes.
    And Blackhat’s overwhelming air of smugness.“

Thread is over now, eddiebaby’s won it. You can all go home now. 😂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Someone selling some Sick stuff on the Bay, as well as lots of shiny custom ano stuff…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/blackhammer1988/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I’m sure I’ve seen that anodising somewhere…

View this post on Instagram

DETAILS @blackhammer1988

A post shared by Sick! Bicycle Co. (@sickbicycles) on

tomhoward

Tbf, looks like he’s having a big old clearout, rather than wanting nothing to do with Sick (not saying that isn’t the case mind…)

Can’t wait for the next chapter though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Edit – ignore all this! He’s the guy who does the anodising!

philxx1975
    Free Member

It’s like an episode of southpark.

sofaking
    Free Member

from pinkbike

Customers of Sick Cycles

Smoke, Mirrors, and the Runaround

Sick Cycles seem to have gone and provided a textbook example of how to be good at the internet and bad at a job. With a lot of hype around their new frames, many customers prepaid money only to be met with excuses for why their frames never showed up. Pinkbike, along with other media sites gave the owners a chance to explain what was happening after threads in forums discussing the issue turned angry, but the interview seems to have merely been filled with sob stories, excuses, and empty promises after their manufacturer of the frames stated a couple of weeks later they still had not been paid for the frames by Sick and would be selling them off.

Maybe it’s not these guys’ full-time job to make bikes and they haven’t been able to dedicate the appropriate time to it, maybe they messed up and really do want to fix things, or maybe they’re just full of it… One way or another, the damage is done, and Sick Cycles have a long hard road ahead of them if they ever hope to restore their tarnished reputation.

tomhoward

Ooft. That’s the biggest kicking anyone in the media has given them. No beating about the bush there. And that’s before the shit really hits the fan.

H8ers…

dc1988

I ordered a Ruby Wulf in early January (before being aware of the issues), estimated delivery of March. When I emailed in late March I had a response along the lines of “I can’t tell you an estimated delivery date but Jordan will be in contact soon”. Around that time the website was updated saying Ruby Wulf delivery was now estimated as May (not communicated to me), I was in no rush so didn’t mind waiting as there weren’t other suitable frame options available anyway from elsewhere. I hadn’t got back in contact with Sick as I thought it pointless, but from the various threads/Instagram it seemed that perhaps my frame was on its way….

When Marino posted that he hadn’t been paid I contacted him to see if I could buy directly but it turns out he never even started making the XL frames due to non payment.

Luckily for me I paid through PayPal and was inside the refund timeframe. I was refunded after a week of opening the dispute as apparently Sick had not offered any response. I was expecting to wait a minimum of 30 days so it could have been worse.

Now back to looking for a frame…..

mashr

James Smurthwaite must be fuming that a colleague has done that to his pals!

tomhoward

Dunno, JS wrote the article on the Marino non payment.

I’d suggest that bridge has been burned

philxx1975
    Free Member

James Smurthwaite must be fuming that a colleague has done that to his pals!

Hardly it just shows what a shower of shit these people are that write the copy, or copy paste the copy on these places.

plus-one

I’m still amazed folk think sick will come through this !!! Burned forever imho.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ouch. That is NOT going to buff out. They’ll just put a sticker over it…

renton
    Free Member

Has the pinkbike thread been deleted as it’s not showing for me anymore?

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

How does the paypal refund/buyer protection work?
    Presumably when payments are received through paypal, the vendor is able to withdraw those funds from their paypal account.
    So, paypals buyer protection means that the funds come from paypals coffers?
    Is paypal now a creditor?
    Rather than a handful of individuals, are Sick now opening themselves up to being chased by Paypal for this money? Presumably more ability and motivation for a multinational finance company to establish a fraud/illegal trading case and chase the directors personally than it would be for a few consumers.

Back to Kickstarter though with Dashbot. 3600 backers with $265k of vaporcash and no legal fallout for their directors.

Tim
    Free Member

I’m interested to know where the sleipner money went…

julians
    Free Member

Presumably when payments are received through paypal, the vendor is able to withdraw those funds from their paypal account.
    So, paypals buyer protection means that the funds come from paypals coffers?

Credit card companies don’t actually hand over any cash to the supplier until a time period has passed, it can be 90 days or more for a new trader. So when a cc company refunds its usually just giving you the money back that they haven’t yet paid the supplier.

I presume PayPal works the same as a cc company, can’t see them taking on the risk of a flaky supplier.

Edit : looks like PayPal hold onto a percentage of th cash in case they have to give refunds, see here. I wonder how big sicks reserve was?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-are-paypal-‘reserves’-faq2371

canopy
    Free Member

when paypal get reports of dodgy activity etc they’re quick to lock the account. so if these sick clowns hadn’t taken the money out yet the account would be frozen, and subsequent orders would also be frozen. this would also kill their cashflow / ability to pay for frames.

there’s no way their paypal isn’t in this state now. is this the only way they took payments?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I thought they had moved away from PayPal a few months back.

cokie

I thought they had moved away from PayPal a few months back.

Yup, they’ve moved to G Pay
    I’m suprised any payment gateway provider has accepted them baesd on what the internet says.
    Hint’s at accounts not being as bad the the internet makes you belive.

martinhutch

Yup, they’ve moved to G Pay

Which I imagine doesn’t have the same level of buyer protection…

canopy
    Free Member

how is that a hint at good accounts? they’ve hopped because they’ve burned a bridge. a new payment processor just helps them cream more money off of their victims before they make their getaway.

it hints at instability.

cokie

how is that a hint at good accounts? they’ve hopped because they’ve burned a bridge. a new payment processor just helps them cream more money off of their victims before they make their getaway.

it hints at instability.

Have you ever tried to apply for a payment gateway account?
    When we did it they took everything into consideration and was a pretty drawn out process. They don’t just hand them out.
    Easy to apply, but difficult to pass.

Not arguing that it doesn’t look bad. I agree.

philjunior
    Free Member

when paypal get reports of dodgy activity etc they’re quick to lock the account. so if these sick clowns hadn’t taken the money out yet the account would be frozen, and subsequent orders would also be frozen. this would also kill their cashflow / ability to pay for frames.

So…

Possible explanation – people order. Bikes take longer than anticipated due to shocking things like not getting manufactured/delivered instantly by unicorns, pre payment. People start getting fed up waiting and demand refunds. Paypal locks funds. Now even if more people pre-order, sick can’t pay their suppliers. Suppliers demand payment prior to dispatch. Sick have the cash in Paypal, but can’t give it to the supplier as it’s locked.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.