Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • mashr

I’d imagine they’d be more concerned with not being able to go see Frank the Welder.

You mean they actually travel to their suppliers?

tomhoward

You mean they actually travel to their suppliers?

When it’s a cool, artisan frame builder with a cult following that they can use to fill up insta with, absolutely. Taiwanese factory, not so much.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Got to say I’m with thisisnitaspoon sounds like someone’s overblown ego. They’re struggling to extradite Assange but he thinks they’ll extradite someone for not supplying a bike frame. The mild mannered receptionist Rosemary seems to think her case is special.

This exactly ,

nealglover
    Free Member

Or exactly not, if you read what people have written explaining what the person meant regarding extradition.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Seems that maybe my optimism about Sick refunds may be just me hoping for a happy outcome. From PB’s forum:

I think you have every right to considering the way they have treated you, and I’m really surprised every other customer with outstanding orders hasn’t done the same, in their respective parts of the world . the refund offered to Gackt felt like the start of something positive, but after 2 weeks since the latest “we’re sorry” message and no others shouting about refunds, I’d hedge my bets the Gackt refund was just an PayPal outcome and nothing to do with sick sorting their shit out. Sadly I cannot see how Sick could ever recover from this, and their ever decreasing apologies are just last ditch attempts to play people for fools. 2 weeks and no action says to me they don’t have the money or don’t want to refund it. Simple as.

Be good for everyone to get this sorted, I’d even like to see Sick sort it for their own sake, but they’re not really getting there. All over IG and Facebook when they didn’t really need to and then a total blackout when maybe they ought to be talking more.

canopy
    Free Member

typical american shouty stance.. we get this a lot with US customers. seems its a cultural thing to ‘go in hard’ with your complaints

tazzymtb

It’ll be interesting to see if they can find the funds to pay maxway for the frames they are making for them, even a 100 frames plus tax/import are going to give them a bill of 20-30k to pay before they can get anything to a customer. Given that they haven’t managed to scrape enough together to pay Marino it’s not looking promising, unless they’ve thrown him under a bus to make sure they have enough for the new frame delivery

joebristol

Based on suppliers in Asia and their usual practices (not specifically bike industry) they’ll have likely wanted a letter of credit backed by a bank for the transaction to take place. This guarantees them they’ll get paid once the frames are delivered to the U.K.

If not this, then at least a big deposit or maybe even up front payment in full.

tjagain

There is no money! Its all been spent.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

There is no money! Its all been spent

We don’t actually know this though do we, I mean it’s on a par with slx 12 speed or OJ’s guilt at this point but we don’t actually have proof.

tthew

Based on suppliers in Asia and their usual practices (not specifically bike industry) they’ll have likely wanted a letter of credit backed by a bank for the transaction to take place. This guarantees them they’ll get paid once the frames are delivered to the U.K.

Sure someone with actual knowledge of the industry said this has changed recently, and they want paying before the frames are shipped. A couple of pages ago.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hmmm. Schrödinger’s refund, except it doesn’t matter if you open the box, it’s always empty.

joebristol

Tthew- I cant speak for the bike industry specifically, but I work in a bank looking after Large Corporates. We see a lot of Letters of Credit still being issued – generally when buyers / sellers are new to each other and they haven’t built up a track record of paying / delivering.

It guarantees that the seller will get paid as long as they present the correct paperwork on delivery of the goods to port.

Of course if cash flow is an issue for the seller then they may well wish to have money up front and if they have the bargaining power (e.g. if a big factory vs a small bike company with a poor reputation for paying) then they can clearly demand this.

tjagain

dangeroubrain – I’d bet my house on it

brant
    Free Member

I heard “Brent” was buying it today.

scotroutes

David?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It must have Brent who met them in Chichester.

scotroutes

Hang on…

Brent.

That’s 3. Let’s see if he shows up.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Does he have a beard and tattoos?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

dangeroubrain – I’d bet my house on it

In fairness I’d bet your house on it too.

danbird
    Free Member

Taiwan frame factories will not ship frames until payment has been received, especially with new customers.

tomhoward

In fairness I’d bet your house on it too.

So would Sick….

tjagain

LOLZ

Its only a wee flat!

philxx1975
    Free Member

Or exactly not, if you read what people have written explaining what the person meant regarding extradition

Exactly yes, Files against person when he has contract of sale with LTD co.

These people are blowing hot air , has anyone seen proof of the magical CCJ that’s destroyed the business yet.

No?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

These people are blowing hot air , has anyone seen proof of the magical refunds tree that’s saved the business yet.

Fixed it for you.

jasonrubicon
    Free Member

I do have a account here also. Just mainly to view. As far as what I do for the Sheriff’s Dept. I am a Correctional Officer. So I do know how the judiciary system works in my state.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Scarper!!! It’s the fuzz!!!!!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And well done on the court papers BTW.

jasonrubicon
    Free Member

I should have everything finalized next week. As far as when a court date will be I do not know yet. I did save all my emails and I have screen shots of all the Instagram posts that they deleted for my documentation. I have to meet with my attorney and the Commissioners next week to make sure everything is proper. I also have addresses for all 4 members of the Sick Bicycle Co. so they can be served with their court hearing papers.

joebristol

Got to love that – it can go with their U.K. CCJ they’ve got too!

jasonrubicon
    Free Member

For anyone wondering all states are different in the United States on who can file charges and what can be filed.

dhrider
    Free Member

Their facebook page seems to have vanished……..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Their facebook page seems to have vanished……..

I don’t think they liked the reviews they were getting

mashr

It was an odd stance they took to not update Facebook since December last year

walleater

There is an owners club though. Which hilariously (or not….?) only has 9 members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1965635300151847/

wordnumb
    Free Member

Don’t cross the Rubicon, it seems.

jasonrubicon
    Free Member

I just don’t appreciate people getting taken advantage of or lied to especially me. And don’t get me wrong if and when charges are filed and if they issue a refund they will be dropped because the case is settled. The case would be thrown out of court anyways due to it being settled. I also have no issue publically stating that they issued me a refund if they ever do. But once charges are filed next week I am not able to post any legal aspect of the case until the court has reached its verdict

tjagain

More people should be taking the same line IMO

canopy
    Free Member

seriously.. who cares. they can just send someone else to sea otter with bikes if they ever get out of the hole they’re in. (if they even wanted to) but if they do they can refund and make this go away.

interbike is dead. eurobike is the biggest trade show in the world. blocking access to the US aint an issue at this point.

team america world police

pondo

I just don’t appreciate people getting taken advantage of or lied to especially me. And don’t get me wrong if and when charges are filed and if they issue a refund they will be dropped because the case is settled. 

Chapeau, and good luck! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.