Home Forums Chat Forum Unfortunate business names

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Unfortunate business names
    mert
    Free Member

Our corporate IG account is volvocarse. Or Volvo C. Arse as everyone i’ve pointed it out to now calls it.

Marketing said they won’t change it.

Any of you familiar with Brad Gosse? Worth a look at the titles of his books, and the content if you have a slightly twisted view on life…

danybikey
    Free Member

Has anyone heard of the company named “BJ Services”? They’re bankrupt now, probably partly because of the terrible name https://www.reuters.com/article/world/americas/oil-firm-bj-services-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-idUSKCN24L0HM/

roger_mellie

Carpenter in Les Gets.

IMG20220630111205

chickenman

JSL Security in Portobello.

lorax

Good spot @bikesandboots! He, or a relative, also lets apartments…

northernmatt

Round Sunderland there’s a guy called Gary Sparkes, got his name all over his van. Obviously he’s a plasterer.

Then there’s Dave Knott – Milkman, who is actually a milkman.

Last of all there’s Belle Tents, this used to be on all their vehicles but I think they may have moved on/grown up a bit since then.

logo

nickc

I used to sell electronic components in the 1980 after Uni. I dealt with the Siemens UK head office which was located in Staines., and the receptionist did answer the phone with “good morning, Siemans Staines” One of our competitors was a company called Wayne Kerr (AFAIK named after it’s founder, poor fella) and is still trading.

TomB

Meanwhile, in austria recently…

IMG_5329

rickmeister
    a11y

Doing some research on new duvets tonight and found this one, not so much unfortunate as blatantly knowing what they’re up to:

https://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk/

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

There’s a coffee shop near me that is called three blends, I always read it as three bellends for some reason!

daviek

@danybikey

I had a mate that worked for BJ, well BJ tubular services i think they were called. They used to do stuff for drilling offshore but not seen him or heard of the company for years and this will explain why I’ve not seen the company.

Watty

When in Germany I like to ride the W***Bahn . . .

IMG_4712

ThePinkster

When I was a kid my doctor was Dr. DeAth, which is a little worrying when you’re 9 and he’s just told you that you need to go into hospital

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.