Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
    martinhutch

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Suck. A. Duck. I am stunned

For that, he will want to stay in power for as long as possible

And the Mystic Meg award goes to… (I would have said exactly the same!)

Caher

Lord Bucket head would have ignored the rain.

Kramer
    Free Member

I think he’s been bounced into it by letters of no confidence.

ernielynch

Sounds that way for sure

blokeuptheroad

Anyone else relishing ‘chatting’ with any Tory canvassers with the brass neck to knock on their door?

binners

2470FD2D-915D-4DBC-A61E-441A2E7E8B31

tjagain

I think he’s been bounced into it by letters of no confidence.

this seems plausible

BoardinBob

IMG-20240522-WA0002

grahamt1980

I hope they come round.

Question is now…..

Try to persuade people to vote Labour,  or try to persuade tory voters to vote reform

neilnevill
    Free Member

Wow!  I could have sworn it would be late autumn at the earliest.   Given the local election results he he knows 4 July will be a beating for the tories and I’d have thought he’d wait to hope we felt better as inflation falls….. does he think things will just get worse!?

OK Labour,  don’t mess up and we should see the tories handed their butts.

grahamt1980

What would the swing have to be to get rid of that pob looking shitebag?

Northwind
    somafunk

I hope folk remember “eat out to spread the virus around” by rishi, hope he gets an absolute “kicking” in a few weeks

BillMC

A bitter retort to Mercer’s snipes. Hooray!

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Please don’t forget citizens of Ireland and Commonwealth countries can also vote in UK general elections!

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8985/

Kramer
    Free Member

@grahamt1980

Try to persuade people to vote Labour,  or try to persuade tory voters to vote reform

If they’re open to Labour then that’s well and good, but if not, persuading them either to not vote, or vote for Reform is almost as good.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Electoral calculus currently predicts

Labour 472

Tories 85

Lib 50

Snp 19

The withnail gif is very apt!

‘They made me PM by mistake!’

susepic

Not updated yet……but tactical voting info in due course. Carol Vorderman one of the supporters

https://stopthetories.vote/

Screenshot 2024-05-22 182518

thepurist

What would the swing have to be to get rid of that pob looking shitebag?

Oi that’s my MP you’re talking about. And no, I’ve never voted for him but given his majority I’d say that if he goes then it’s a very bad day indeed for the tories. Fingers crossed eh!

chewkw
    Free Member

Tories will be pounded in the GE.  Pound! Pound! Pound!  They will be decimated in July.  Can’t wait.

I ain’t voting for a party that have silly foreign policy and with one bug eyes foreign minister (the current one).

Saw a BBC reporter on the high street in the Toon just now asking people about GE.  I was a bit surprised to hear the question until I got home to listen to the 6pm news.

Poopscoop

grahamt1980
    I hope they come round.

Question is now…..

Try to persuade people to vote Labour, or try to persuade tory voters to vote reform

A friend/neighbour had already told me he is switching to Reform due to immigration. I told him he is tactically voting without even knowing it and thanks for doing so. 😉

ElShalimo

Rather than inflict this madness upon us the country, just empty Parliament now and put Starmer in place but he can’t make decisions unless a majority vote from Rayner, Burnham, Jess Philips, Gordon Brown and Lisa Nandy support it.

We can sort the details out later

Gilles

I’ve started applying for UK citizenship in December 2023. All is left now is to swear allegiance to the King. The ceremony is scheduled on the 13th of June. It does mean, I CAN NOW VOTE IN THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt_outandabout

@mattyfez

They get summer recess in parliament so it’s free wages for tory MPs for doing absolutely nothing.

There’s no way they will call a GE before autumn… My prediction is they will call it as late as physically possible, early 2025 I think?

🙈

squirrelking
    Free Member

****! Out the country on the 4th and leave the house on the 25th, postal votes had better be out then!

Kramer
    Free Member

I told him he is tactically voting without even knowing it and thanks for doing so.

Why would you tell them? It may make them change back to Conservative.

kelvin

Welcome @Gilles

Sock it to ’em!

supernova

Sent The Labour Party £10. It’s least I can do to help.

ratherbeintobago

@blokeuptheroad Invite them in for a brew so they waste their time rather than canvassing others.

I was led to believe the Tories’ ground game wasn’t brilliant anyway, and will be worse if there’s a load of pissed off ex-councillors who won’t be othering Edit – meant bothering, Tories probably will be othering

@squirrelking
    Can you proxy vote?

Drac

IMG_1233

grahamt1980

Just donated to a political party for the first time in my life.  Another £10 to Labour

thelawman

Presumably an election in early July will mean that there is a chance that the Criminal Justice Act, including the IDS amendments, will not have time to make it through parliament?

Less time for Rwanda flights to start in the interim

Less likelihood of interest rates dropping (much) in the interim

Excellent stuff.

grahamt1980

@Drac – that is amazing

Poopscoop

I was led to believe the Tories’ ground game wasn’t brilliant anyway, and will be worse if there’s a load of pissed off ex-councillors who won’t be othering Edit – meant bothering, Tories probably will be othering

They lost a lot of councillors, they are considered the foot soldiers in campaigning apparently. In addition, in the local elections there were many reports of Tory activists just turning up for X photo shoots holding Conservative banners etc, then buggering off home.

A decimated morale amongst the Tories can only help Labour. Even Sunak looked like he can’t be asked to do another term.

All that against a unified and buoyant Labour party and activists.

I’m loving it. 😁

grahamt1980

Steve Baker looking happy on itv at the moment.  He knows he is screwed

Clover

Feeling smug that I sorted my proxy vote out earlier this year because I am out of the country long term. My proxy vote is in a marginal so I am hoping my legacy is to get rid of the unbelievably horrid Tory there.

Poopscoop

supernova
    Sent The Labour Party £10. It’s least I can do to help.

Thanks, just done the same.

https://donation.labour.org.uk/page/95385/donate/1?locale=en-GB

They take PayPal too.👍

crazy-legs

Tories will be pounded in the GE.  Pound! Pound! Pound!  They will be decimated in July.  Can’t wait.

Only if people actually go out and vote – if not Labour then tactical voting specifically to go against Tory.

Sitting at home thinking “oh they’ll get smashed, I won’t bother to vote” (or spoiling a ballot paper to read “no more Tory scum!”) is the one possible way that they’ll sneak back in…

Get out and vote!

ThePinkster

Please, everybody remember –

You and everyone you know MUST get out and vote to make a difference.

I just hope that all the current jubilation carries through to the polling booths and that many ‘occasional’ voters don’t just assume it’s a done deal and not bother actually casting their votes.

That way the habitual Tory voters still get their way.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.