Home Forums News UCI Confirms 2025 MTB World Series Changes

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • UCI Confirms 2025 MTB World Series Changes
  • Speeder

I love that WB and the UCI seem to think that the sport is so rich that it can afford to support all these new events and the level of professionalism it expects at the new World Cup series.  Hopefully the increased exposure they’re bringing (lol) will bring in a host of new outside sponsors with deep pockets.

ocrider

There won’t be any new events @Speeder, the continental series will be piggybacking on existing national races at least for the foreseeable future.

chrismac

I had assumed it was going to be the IXS did Europe and the monster series* for NA.

That was my assumption too. I have no idea if there is something similar in South America, Asia or Australasia.

In someways by restricting access to WCDH it might increase interest and therefore sponsor value if more riders are racing in these series rather than jumping up to WC. Would you be better getting a top 10 at an IXS event than never making the broadcast part of a WC race. Would that offer sponsors more exposure?

weeksy

That’s an interesting one, I asked similar to @benpinnick over on a PB comment section and his answer was that he’d rather see his rider battle for higher spots in UK races, than not qualifying at at higher race.

Whether he’s unique in that, I don’t know, but it certainly gave me some thoughts to ponder over myself.

It’s an incredibly hard thing to know when it comes to sponsors as to how to keep them happy and it can be a minefield with conflicts of interest and discussions. I only hope we’re doing it right.

Obviously this is only National level stuff not worlds, but a basis on a theme for sure.

ocrider

Well it certainly won’t bring any more exposure to iXS if they’re no longer a continental race series sponsor for 2025…

Sad fact of the day: there are no North and South American cycling federations, only a Pan American one. Somebody is going to have their work cut out for them organising that continental series.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.