Viewing 40 posts - 3,481 through 3,520 (of 5,513 total)
  • U.S. Presidential Election 2020
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Wisconsin supreme court refuses to hear Trump’s election lawsuit, sending it back to a lower court, due process and all that 😀

Poopscoop

All the while Covid rages on over there whilst Trump pressures this garbage. What an utter disgrace of a human being.

frankconway

Poops – today’s CV19 related death count in US is 2100+ so far; this is on track to overtake yesterday’s 2800.
    Scary numbers and disgraceful that neither trump nor pence have anything to say, no plan, no clue, no interest.
    Don’t make the mistake of seeing trump as a human being; a bag of malignant cells in an ill-fitting suit.
    pence isn’t much better; spineless fundamentalist bigot.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s interesting that Agent Orange hasn’t fired Barr yet. Me thinks Barr would have been asked by Trump to do some particularly illegal shit (and can prove it) so Trump is in a bind.

It’s also not just the deaths in the US for a lot of people it’s complete financial ruin to require hospital treatment (for Covid) even with insurance.

Poopscoop

Could agree more Frank, calling “it” human degrades most of the rest of the race. Pence, as you say, just as bad. Utterly complicit.

thols2

Superficial
    Free Member

She’s a CyberSecurity expert.

thols2

fasthaggis

Expert witness. Aye,that’s the way she came across 🤣

Klunk
    Free Member
    leffeboy

did she really say that, out loud, at a  hearing.  I can only now assume that what is happening is that they are deliberately putting up lots of people who will fail but who others can identify with, so that when 2024 comes around, Republicans can say the last election was stolen and point to all these good people who were ignored

razorrazoo

‘Good’ people clearly meaning racists, bigots, liars and fruit loops.

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s not a real “hearing”. It is a load of loons playing a game in a hotel.

Why are they doing it?

The drunk woman was my favorite.

matt_outandabout

Why are they doing it?

Because thier supporters can claim ‘hearing was held, we were ignored’. It means outrageous lies and prejudice goes unchallenged.
    They couldn’t get their message out in any official way, so create your own ‘official’ system.

FuzzyWuzzy

Me thinks Barr would have been asked by Trump to do some particularly illegal shit (and can prove it) so Trump is in a bind

As vile as Barr is I doubt he’s stupid enough to have done something obviously illegal at Trump’s request. Sure he’s directed the DoJ far more politically than it should be and possibly some of that will come back to bite him but nothing that he’s likely to end up in jail for. I think Trump just realises this late in the game it would be counter-productive to fire him and try and get another yes man (that’s not totally incompetent) to replace him. That said if Trump has a bad hair day and throws his toys out of the pram I wouldn’t put it past him tweeting he’s fired Barr.

Klunk
    Free Member

I doubt he’s stupid enough to have done something obviously illegal

I wasn’t suggesting he had, I was suggesting Trump had asked him to.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Because thier supporters can claim ‘hearing was held, we were ignored’. It means outrageous lies and prejudice goes unchallenged.

I keep thinking “can they really be that stupid” then some crazy preachers comes up on my Twitter feed claiming Biden is going to destroy God…..

thols2

I keep thinking “can they really be that stupid”

funkrodent

As an interesting aside, Lin Wood – the b#tsh1t crazy attorney who has been trying to out Sidney Sidney Powell with his allegations of fraud and general skullduggery leading to him calling for Reps to boycott elections, and thereby (hopefully) triggering an all-out MAGA civil war and the GOP loss of the Georgia Senate run-offs – is the guy who represented Vernon “Pedo guy” Usworth when he sued Elon Musk. Hardly surprising I guess that the attorney who managed to lose that nailed on defamation case is now so busy giving himself (and the GOP) both barrels in the feet..

thols2

thols2

Klunk
    Free Member

current state certification count

frankconway

As for jenna ellis who is always on stage with giuliani and describes herself as a ‘Constitutional Law Attorney’…

…a review of [Jenna Ellis’s] professional history, as well as interviews with more than a half-dozen lawyers who have worked with her, show that Ms. Ellis, 36, is not the seasoned constitutional law expert she plays on TV…. Since she graduated law school in 2011, nothing in her record in the courtroom — limited mostly to appearances in state court as a prosecutor or as counsel for clients charged with assault, prostitution, theft and domestic abuse — shows any time spent litigating election law cases.
    She holds herself out as an expert on the Constitution based on her self-published book and her teaching of pre-law classes to undergraduates. She has never appeared in federal district or circuit court, where most constitutional matters are considered, according to national databases of federal cases, and does not appear to have played a major role in any cases beyond her criminal and civil work in Colorado

Nothing much to add to that.

frankconway
    Jamze

Can he be impeached twice? Don’t understand how this stuff is legal really.

frankconway

jamze, I read that earlier and asked myself exactly the same question.
    If this could be proven it must, surely, be grounds for some action against trump.

frankconway

CNN reporting 1 million new CV19 cases in US in first 5 days of December.
    First world country?

dantsw13

Yeah just seen that too.

Total cases in the US 14million, and 1 million in the last 5 days.

A doctor interviewed said they modelled that the Thanksgiving peak would hit hospitals 15 Dec, so it isn’t getting better soon.

frankconway

If Thanksgiving peak hits around Dec 15 the US hospitals will be at/beyond breaking point at Christmas with the consequences of the festive season still to come.
    One of my sons and his US born wife live over there; they have two young children of 30 months and 9 days.
    I’m concerned.

thols2

Can he be impeached twice?

The trial wouldn’t be until after Biden was inaugurated. Another round of impeachment wouldn’t serve any purpose.

frankconway

Critical thinking, Georgia style, from a man with the name of the day…

Gondra Crumbley, a 53-year-old supporter of Mr. Trump who lives in nearby Adel, Ga., said he has stopped watching Fox News in favor of Newsmax, which he said was more supportive of Mr. Trump and his claims of election fraud.

Mr. Crumbley said he planned to vote in the January runoff elections, but understands the hesitation from others considering what he feels has been inadequate action from the governor and secretary of state.

“This just ain’t right,” he said. “There’s all this corruption that you see on TV and they’re finding out. And everyone needs to step up when we see this type of corruption.”

The quote from him is all you need to know.
    Facts, so many facts.

dantsw13

NAUGHTY GIRL SIDNEY

Powel alters evidence, then uses what she altered to argue in court.

Klunk
    Free Member

get the feeling that trump is backing himself into a corner here, the clamour for “lock him up!” might get too loud for Biden to ignore.

Jamze

One of my sons and his US born wife live over there; they have two young children of 30 months and 9 days.
    I’m concerned.

Similar, Frank. Daughter is in Florida, where Ron ‘herd-immunity’ DeSantis seems intent on making the situation as dire as possible. Luckily they’re further south with warmer weather, but if it goes the same way as the last peak, they’ll still get hit, just a bit later. Plus Thanksgiving, New Year etc.

Jamze

The trial wouldn’t be until after Biden was inaugurated. Another round of impeachment wouldn’t serve any purpose.

get the feeling that trump is backing himself into a corner here, the clamour for “lock him up!” might get too loud for Biden to ignore.

Dunno. Biden has commented a few times he doesn’t want his term to be all about charging Trump. More important stuff to be doing.

thols2

thols2

Biden has commented a few times he doesn’t want his term to be all about charging Trump. More important stuff to be doing.

Exactly. Also, the President can’t charge anyone or throw anyone in prison. The FBI and other law enforcement agencies have to investigate and charge the person with a crime (i.e. something that is specifically illegal), then there has to be a trial, then the judge or jury have to render a guilty verdict. The President plays no part in the process, beyond being allowed to report suspected crimes to the FBI, just as anyone else can do.

Klunk
    Free Member

We trusted you ? to lie to us ? 😀

thols2

Viewing 40 posts - 3,481 through 3,520 (of 5,513 total)

The topic ‘U.S. Presidential Election 2020’ is closed to new replies.