Home Forums Bike Forum Trailers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trailers
  • luke
    Free Member

Thoughts on bike trailers?
    I have shifts when I’m on call and sometimes speed of attendance is key, so I grab my kit and shoot off to the depot but always end up forgetting something that I need and space is a premium in my rucksack, other times I have time to shift through my kit and take what I need which is great.
    Now if I had a bike trailer I could either store kit in it ready for a call out, or put several bags in it and head off once the phone goes. At the other end it’s going on a 7.5t truck so not shortage of space.

I have had a look and so far narrowed by choices down to the following as I can add it to a cycle to work scheme, along with a new bike, I have also added my initial thoughts however none of them are in stock locally to be able to look at.

Burley Flatbed – folds flat, good shaped load space.

Surly Ted – appears expensive  but can carry lots, probably overkill

Topeak Journey – might not work size wise due to dimensions

Any views on the ones listed, or even better real world experience? Or any make that I may have overlooked?

h4muf
    Free Member

I had a topeak one, great trailer just didn’t fit my five bikes!

sam_underhill

We have a carry freedom Y. The lollipop hitch is really good, no rattles as it’s a rubbery material that allows the bike to corner very naturally. We use it with a big folding box and quick bolts so it can return back to a flat bed when needed.

Weekly shops, tip runs, it’s utterly brilliant.

tjagain

Bob yak is the tourers choice for a reason – they just work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.