Home Forums Bike Forum Tjs recovery ride 5. The low countries and France

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 582 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride 5. The low countries and France
  • dyna-ti

How far do you intend to go ?. I mean are we going to have a part 32, Eastern Africa

tjagain

I think Bilbao will be it. Dunno what route home tho.

Camped up in hook of holland. Rode thru the dunes today. Pic to follow. Sunshine and a tailwind today

tjagain

Edukator
    Free Member

https://www.weserradweg-info.de/de/tourplanner/

If you zoom in on map I’ve linked the cycle routes appear in purple (or sometimes red). It will help you follow the vélo routes through France.

tjagain

Ta

bigblackshed

That looks absolutely horrible, @tjagain. Best you move on quick.

;-)

tjagain

Todays bampot

Big hairy man riding a mountain bike pulled along side and started asking me what it was and clocking all the bling.

Very funny. Most dutchies just see a red bike😎🤣

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve linked the walking option by mistake, you just have to click on the walking man symbol and select radfahren then radtour. All the long distance routes are on it and most local cycle paths.

The singletrack montain bike coverage is poor though. None my local waymarked routes are on it except in the ski resorts.

Sandwich

Heading for the coast this moning then down the coastal route

You are Arthur Bostrom AICMFP!

tjagain

Im camped up near middleburg south west Netherlands. Cracking day riding the coast and the dykes. Lots of dunes and woodland. Pics to follow

tjagain

Wee ferry took me on a guided tour of the docks

Then polders

And dykes

tjagain

tjagain

jodafett

Dunno what route home tho.

Caledonian Sleeper?

willard

I was going to suggest a circuit around the Baltic and a ferry home from Denmark or something, but the seasons never stop and you would need to overwinter down south before trying that again in spring/summer.

More realistically, could you come back up the Atlantic coast and get the ferry from Cherborg?

tjagain

Up and off sharp this morning. Eating a cheese and ham croissant right now. Gonna be another scorcher today and yet again tailwinds!.

soundninjauk

Speaking EuroVelo routes, I just got this in my inbox this morning from Ride With GPS. Apparently all the EuroVelo routes are now downloadable as GPXs if that’s of any use.

https://ridewithgps.com/journal/6734-customize-your-eurovelo-cycling-holiday?otu=

tjagain

I should be able to get a ferry from northern spain to uk

tjagain

Good miles this morning. Heading for the dyke of the day

tjagain

Arrived just in time for the next ferry. I wasnt even sure it existed 😎 so to arrive with perfect timing was particularly good

tjagain

I appear to be in Belgium. Off to find chips n beer

tjagain

Thats better. Chips n beer found.

tjagain

Internet is too crap to post pics. I’ll try later

jca

You can’t leave the Netherlands yet – you need to wait until there is a force 7 gale so you can compete in the headwind cycle race. https://youtu.be/VMinwf-kRlA

tjagain

Too late.im halfway across Belgium

pk13

in the most unexpected conversation I had last week this blokes wife casually dropped out in conversion how after retirement he went on a local loop and ended up deciding to go round the world.
    He did it too with the attitude that if it went tits up he would dump his bike in a bush and get out his credit card.
    Once he got 500 miles in France under his belt he could not stop. 18 months later he came home.
    I was a little jealous tbh.

TJ part 6 Asia?

tjagain

3pts af stella and a somewhat wobbly ride to the campsite. Someone had set up feet away from me. Time to unleash the snoring

Jordan

tjagain

3pts af stella and a somewhat wobbly ride to the campsite. Someone had set up feet away from me. Time to unleash the snoring

Probably some farting as well after three pints of Stella.

matt_outandabout

Time to unleash the snoring

Please do.
    I once shared a youth hostel room with a Belgian who made a chainsaw seem quiet…and then the Germans got up at 5.30, couldn’t find something so put the lights on…

leffeboy

3pts af stella

You’re in Belgium and drinking **** Stella!!!???

Calls the police

Sandwich

Calls the police

Immigration surely for immediate deportation.

ElShalimo

@tjagain – I hope you had mayonnaise on your chips so you could blend in

BikePawl
    Free Member

No he asked for salt and sauce

tjagain

Couple of pics from yesterday

Strange fully faired recumbent

tjagain

tjagain

I need to obtain some more sugar sachets today and some bog roll. None provided on this site. Ever tried to wipe your backside with a rizla? 🤣

tthew

You’re in Belgium and drinking **** Stella!!!???

My immediate reaction too.😁 A barman in Gent refused to serve a mate of mine Stella once. Claimed it was only for girls.

bri-72

I’m not gonna ask what sugar has to do with your bathroom rituals, best not to know 🤢

Loving the updates and pics, looks a great adventure.

retrorick

some bog roll

Last time I cycle toured in France I bought a bulk pack, maybe 9 bog rolls, as it was cheaper than just a few, then spent some time re rolling the toilet paper into a more compressed form so I could stuff it inside the cardboard tube. Made the paper much more transportable. I gave a few remaining rolls away.

tjagain

Scorchio! Im already sweating. Carrying water is a pain. Public taps seem rare. 5 l yesterday and i have 5l on board for today. Thank goodness no hills

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 582 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.