Home Forums Bike Forum Tjs recovery ride 5. The low countries and France

Viewing 22 posts - 561 through 582 (of 582 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride 5. The low countries and France
  • tjagain

Last night they had a bull and child friendly version of running the bulls. A man with a papermache bull on his back with fireworks on the horns chasing kids around. Huge fun.

Today its time to move on. I dont want to abuse Dougs hosptality too much and I cannot sit around any longer. I’ve chucked a load of stuff i have accumulated to make my kit lighter and its time to climb up into the mountains. I’ll be fine once I am moving but every route is thousands of feet of climbing which feels pretty daunting. Time to look at maps again

retrorick

Thousands of feet of descending as well unless you finish art a higher point than you started? Aim for the sea, that must be downhill!?

tjagain

Im meeting folk up in the mountains. After that it will be back down to the coast to find a way home. Probably the ferry from Santander but I’ve yet to look into that. One day at a time.

tjagain

I want to give a big thanks to doug@basquemtb.

Lovely chap and the riding he organises looks awesome. Highly recommended

dyna-ti

Where are you heading to next ? East to Andorra, or South into Spain.

Andorra would be nice, get some mediterranean sun about you, then maybe up to Monaco

tjagain

South into spain i have friends to meet up with in Estella and Aguilar de compoo next week and the week after. Im probably going to walk some of the Compostella as well with two of them. Ill spend 3 or 4 days meandering my way to Estella

tjagain

Im currently riding eurovelo 1 again which is on an old railway towards Pamplona. Having a good day after having an real wobble this morning.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good, but you need a new thread!

RustySpanner

This one has again, predictably been a lovely thread.

Along with ItchyBoots on YouTube, my vicarious travelling requirements are fully satisfied.

Thanks TJ and everyone who has contributed.

Love to all.

tjagain

Im still surprised the interest people have in my meanderings. Its really nice tho.

Late second lunch

tthew

I don’t know why we’d not be interested. Interesting routes, with input from forum members. Places we can relate to from holidays. Some reports of interesting and kind people you’ve encountered. Nice pictures. No bloody squabbling. This thread has it all!

theotherjonv

you’re going to have to describe those dishes. What’s in the samosa shaped thing? And the croquette?

tjagain

Frittata ( omelette thingy) ham and cheese croquette. Open sandwich of boiled egg and prawn and a ham sandwich

tjagain

Right. 7pm. No campsite anywhere near. I need to find somewhere to sleep.

tjagain

Checked into a hotel in Elizondo. It has a bath. Not too much climbing today but tomorrow a 2500+ foot col. Oh well

Clover

This is a good thread. Just so you know :-)

molgrips
    Free Member

No bloody squabbling

I’ve done my best.

tjagain

If thats your best……..

cvilla

Steady away on the hills and you’ll be fine…saying that from armchair;) and you have hills in that there Scotland. I’ll ride a few round the lakes tomorrow to help….of course I don’t have a trailer behind me!

As others have said a great read, people and places…..and bikes….and food:)

Edukator
    Free Member

I think you’ve made a good choice of route. Don’t get confused between Irun and Iruña or you’ll find yourself going in circles. ;)

mogrim

Frittata ( omelette thingy) ham and cheese croquette. Open sandwich of boiled egg and prawn and a ham sandwich

Frittata? Frittata????? WTF?????????

That’s a Spanish omelette, aka “tortilla española”. It’s not a f*****g frittata. That kind of stupidity could get you fed to the bulls in Spain!

tjagain

Oops.

New thread is in chat

Viewing 22 posts - 561 through 582 (of 582 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.